Returning Civ Leaders-Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hammurabi 28+1=29 - Someone has to be first and someone has to be second. Both were great warriors, both are considered as the best rulers for their country. I just think that creating one of the first code of laws in history is better. Plus I want Babylon more, because I think that Mali will be in the next DLC.
Mansa Musa 7-3=4 - Someone has to be second. Sorry Mansa Musa, but you will have to be on silver place, although being mostly known for gold.

Hammurabi 29 (26-3) better options available if we must have Babylon as a civ
Mansa Musa 5 (4+1) Not that it will change anything

Hammurabi (29+1)=30 I get the critiques about him, but he is winning...
Mansa Musa (5-3)=2 Let us end this thread

So the thread is finally finished, and I think the final rankings are ok (but another Viking shouldn't be in top 10!). Anyways, it was fun to participate!

Here is the ranking:
1. Hammurabi :trophy:
2. Mansa Musa:trophy2nd:
3. Hannibal Barca:trophy3rd:
4. Suryavarman II
5. Ashoka
6. Louis XIV
7. Frederick the Great
8. Joao II
9. Abraham Lincoln
10. Canute/Cnut the Great
11. Mehmed II
12. Hatshepsut
13. Huayna Capac
14. Tokugawa Ieyasu
15. Justinian I
16. Henry VIII
17. Zara Yaqob
18. Wang Kon
19. Churchill
20. Mursilis
21. Sitting Bull
22. Charlemagne
23. Osman
24. Cunobelin
25. Brennus
26. Julius Caesar
27. Ragnar Lodbrok
28. Franklin D. Roosevelt
29. Xerxes
30. Montezuma II
31. Kublai Khan
32. De Gaulle
33. Smoke-Jaguar

I was thinking of having another elimination thread, but this time with the leaders in Civ5. Should I do that? And would people be interested in participating in that one?

I was thinking of having another elimination thread, but this time with the leaders in Civ5. Should I do that? And would people be interested in participating in that one?
Yes, do it. I would be very interrested, since Civ V had very good pick of leaders.

Musa also made Timbuktu a synonym for "unspecified faraway place" in various European languages, including English.
Yes, and the whole reason people wanted to go there was because they heard of it. It was synonymous with a faraway place indeed, instead of any number of other cities like Peking...Why? Because Timbuktu was desired.

I always thought Timbuktu was synonymous with "some place in the middle of nowhere". I think this is what people think when they hear "Timbuktu" nowadays.

I always thought Timbuktu was synonymous with "some place in the middle of nowhere". I think this is what people think when they hear "Timbuktu" nowadays.

My mistake, you're absolutely right. This is the proverbial meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom