1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

32-Bit versus 64-Bit

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by Onionsoilder, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Jazzmail

Jazzmail King

None of these games will support more than 2 GB.

Don't upgrade to Vista yet. Instead wait. Once you upgrade the hardware, get a new rig instead with Vista 64 installed (and the original CD). It's too early.

If you upgrade now you may discover that none of the games you play have improved and that some hardware isn't working because the vendors didn't make 64 bit drivers back then.

2. Shadylookin

Shadylookin master debater

why don't you just resize the primary partition with whatever linux distro you're trying to install(all of them come with partition editors)? Either way getting rid of your swap partition to install an OS probably isn't in your best interest anyway.

3. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

Software wise it is fine, and every major hardware maker provides drivers for it. I've had no trouble with it, except for an old bt878 TV card, and even that had drivers (though unofficial). Vista, on the other hand, has no drivers for that tuner...

4. Karl Townsend

Karl Townsend Prince

The 32bit Edition of OS's only support up to 3.35?(Check Needed) of ram, it is defintly worth getting if you going above that,

to the person who suggested running though wine , you will get the same results becasue of the system power needed to run it though the specificed arctechture (Spelling)

5. plarq

plarq Crazy forever

I resized my primary partition, and format new partitions. Am I ready to install 64 bit Linux?

6. salty mud

salty mud Deity