[R&F] 38 New Steam Achievements Speculation

Never start a land war in Asia
Declare war on Mongolia.

Told ya!
Lose your capital to Mongolia after you declared war on Mongolia.

Although they are so annoying and difficult to get; the most situational achievements feel the most rewarding when you don't cheat. I've also added in some possible names for more common achievements:

"Knock knock it's Chandragupta"
As Chandragupta, conquer Mohenjo-Daro from Macedon and then declare peace whilst trading away Ivory.

"Time to conquer all of India"
As Chandragupta, eliminate Gandhi.

"Unless you are the Mongols"
Win a regular game as Genghis Khan.

"Great Scot!"
Win a regular game as William Wallace. (or whoever the leader of Scotland is if they are in the game)

Bonus Tiles
Have Petra, Chichen Itza, Huey Teocalli, and St. Basil's Cathedral while being suzerain of Auckland

Fall of Babylon
As Cyrus conquer Babylon.
(If Babylon gets upgraded to a Civ later, then it applies to the capital city "Babylon")

Bonus Tiles
Have Petra, Chichen Itza, Huey Teocalli, and St. Basil's Cathedral while being suzerain of Auckland
"Master of nature"

Anyone have any more thoughts on new achievements? I find myself thinking about the achievements more now that the game is so close. I keep seeing that 38 missing achievements, and that's bothering me. I'll definitely be aiming to knock out a lot of achievements early.

My thoughts on the Mapuche possible achievement would be to flip a city using their swift hawk ability. This may have already been mentioned in the first look thread, I haven't read all those pages. That could actually be challenging to do within a city's borders given how the AI likes to move wounded units out. But with enough units you could do it.

"Sexy Shirtless Henanigans"
As Lautaro win a cultural victory having a cultural alliance with Chandragupta, while he is pleased that Gandhi's empire is far from his, playing against Jayavarman VI and Montezuma, having fabricated a scandal to one of these and none of these have the flirtatious agenda.

Edit: emoji's out

Last edited:
Seoul Food: Build a Seowon surrounded by 6 farms in Seoul. (mentioned this before)

Dutch East Indies: Playing as the Netherlands take over the city of Jakarta and found Batavia and establish trade routes between these and the capital.

Mongolian Death Worm: As Mongolia build an oil well in the desert while having Magnus the Steward's black marketeer promotion and have Timur as a GG. (Never watched this movie but looked it up on Wikipedia)

Nehiyaw Nation: As the Cree found a city on a plains tile, woods tile, marsh tile and tundra tile.

The Other Capital of Georgia: Playing as Georgia take over the city of Atlanta.

Highlander: Playing as Scotland on Immortal Difficulty take over New York and build a highlander there to pillage a kurgan. (Somebody referenced this movie earlier as an achievement with something similar. I haven't seen this movie either but looked up the plot as well.)

Swift Hawk Justice: Culturally flip a Spanish City with loyalty as the Mapuche with a Malon Raider while also pillaging in the same turn.

Last edited:
Seriously, these Koreans...

As Japan, capture a Korean city with a Seowon and be disappointed that you can't use the adjacency bonus on it.

Your Mother Leads your Country

Boot up the game in French and play a game as a specific leader.

Spoiler :
You have to play as Georgia and not as Catherine de Medici. "Tamar" sounds a lot like "Ta mère" which means "Your Mother" in French

Top Bottom