1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP - Official thread

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by pineappledan, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Wasteland_Wanderer

Wasteland_Wanderer Chieftain

I can't find a file that has the .civ5mod file extension, only one with .civ5sln and .civ5proj.
    This is what I get in the output after trying to build the folder, after opening the .civ5sln file:

------ Build started: Project: MoreUniqueComponentsForVP, Configuration: Default x86 ------
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Firaxis\ModBuddy\Civ5Mod.targets(76,9): error MSB3030: Could not copy the file "Egypt\Khopesh\Khopesh.lua" because it was not found.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I'm sorry again for troubling you about this and thank you for helping me get this sorted out.

2. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

I updated the civ5proj file on github, and removed all mentions of the Khopesh.lua. Try re-downloading and compiling

Wasteland_Wanderer likes this.
  3. Wasteland_Wanderer

Wasteland_Wanderer Chieftain

That worked perfectly, thank you!

4. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

5. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

6. black213

black213 Emperor

Is it for the latest VP beta?

7. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Yes. The v33 has a handful of CS changes on units to accommodate the CS rearrangememts, a few nerfs in light of recent changes, and a bug fix for greece

From the Changelog:
    Code:
    - changes:
    - Flax/Nilometer ==> split the gold, and moved production back to improvement. Now 1g/1c on resource, 1g/1p on improvement
    - Huey Teocalli ==> removed bonus to watermills, and changed bonus to barracks to +2 food.
    - this is in response to a VP patch update which boosts floating gardens
    - Hippodrome ==> dropped Arena bonus gold to +2 (down from +4)
    - Etemenanki ==> removed theming bonus
    - Lamassu Gate ==> added +1 base faith (help differentiate more from Walls of Babylon)
    - SPAD ==> reduced RCS to 45
    - increased build cost (increased to same as triplane)
    - gave back oil requirement
    - fixes:
    - SPAD ==> fixed bug which prevented unit from being able to rebase
    - Iziko ==> fixed theming bonuses
    - civ5proj ==> dropped Khopesh.lua from file, so people stop bothering me about it
    - updated RCS and CS values which needed changing with newest VP patch: Sofa, Pancerni, Klepht, Ballista)
    - included theming bonus on Iziko, consistent with latest VP patch. (+2 culture when themed). Reduced base culture to +2 (same as amphitheater)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  8. Paramecium

Paramecium Prince

Which VP do I need for the most recent version? The description in the download section is not very clear to me.

9. Hinin

Hinin King

The last version (6/14). I advise you to modify the file related to Happiness or replace it by the one provided by Enrico Swagolo here.

10. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Danurgraha archer guy seems to be crazy good with the Culture/Faith he gave me. I have never gotten 5 policies unlocked as fast as with this guy. Not only is he better than Archers, every Barbie gives pretty much as much culture as if he was a taken camp, yields from regular guys are very good and he levels up very fast, after level up you get 7/7 CF at level 2, 25/25 level 3 (Epic). I think Authority > Fealty > Imperialism is the best way to go as India because this UU has more impact than many UBs, it sucks I'll have to spend Prophets to convert my cities on other continents but it's still manageable. I don't really focus on Culture and I am 1-2 policies above the AIs I can see. The yields fall off but not that hard, they're still noticeable and I've just unlocked Fealty. I don't think I suggest a nerf because it's hard to say how much of the impact was from starting next to Perfumes and Cotton, a successful anti-Babylon rush as he spammed Warriors to give me free yields, but Gandhi should definitely be told to completely forget about pacifism early.

I went Inspiration/Orders and I cannot wait to build Mughal Forts and witness the Culture, that will be mighty. With Fealty, Cotton and Perfume monopolies around me I have so much gold I can afford it faster. This new India is fun.

Hinin and pineappledan like this.
  11. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Dhanurgraha was created at a time when base archers suuuuuuucked, and was buffed to compensate. With the new buffs, Dhanurgraha might be too powerful, but we will see I guess. If there's a nerf coming, it's a minor one, maybe just a point off base CS.

Depending on how it all shakes out with Aztecs this next patch, I think it might be prudent to disable wells on Egypt. If the AI or a puppet builds a well in a city then they can't build the nilometer.

EDIT: sounds like wells are going to be disabled for Aztecs. We will follow suit with Egypt

@Enrico Swagolo, what speed do you play at? The yields on the Dhanuvidya sounds too high, but maybe that's right if you're might be playing at epic speed. At standard speed , it should scale at 5->10->15...5n faith/culture on level.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Hinin likes this.
  12. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Epic. 7/7 for first but the next I probably mistook with 25 (that it gave me per barbie IIRC) so it's probably 7 lvl 2 into 14 or 15 lvl3 (depends on how it rounds, Civ is unpredictable)

pineappledan likes this.
  13. Paramecium

Paramecium Prince

Small question: Is the Huey Teocalli counting Golden Ages even if one is still lasting?

EDIT: And can I see how many additional XP is already gathered?

14. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Yes. Huey teocalli counts GA triggers, even if you are already in a GA.

No, there is no way to see how many cumulative GAs you have gotten, but you can simply build a unit and subtract the values of barracks/armoury/etc and divide that by 3.

EDIT: It occurs to me that we could do this better; we could make Huey Teocalli's level sort of visible, based on how much food is on the building. When we put out the next version, I'll see if I can expose more of the Huey Teocalli's yields to the UI.

EDIT EDIT: @Blue Ghost is a genius, he already implemented the change I was thinking of.
    The :c5food: on the HT is the exact same as the XP from HT. just look at that and determine what level the HT is by dividing by 3

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  15. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Updates: trying some new things to tweak the balance for Version 34
    Spoiler :

Egypt:
    Disabled wells. Puppet cities and AI will not be able to build wells anymore, so every city will be able to get Nilometer.

Korea:
    Chaebol - removed +1 gold for every international trade route. There was too much going on with the building, and this bonus added very little.

India:
    Added National Wonders to the defense calculation on Qila.
    lowered the Culture on Qila to 10% of city defense (I was getting up wards of 18 culture per turn from this building in Renaissance, thanks to Red fort and the Fealty policies)
    Dhanurgraha bug fix. They were getting 150% of culture from all kills; there was an error in the SQL

Polynesia:
    Fale Tele - removed gold from fishing boats (Polynesia is always top dog in my games. They needed a nerf, and this gold overstacks on the UA)

Persia:
    Pairidaeza - removed the +1 culture to all guilds, added +5% to Golden Age length. (The culture wasn't interesting, wasn't focused on Persia's strengths, and the new GA length pushes Persia wide and fits their flavor better. Maybe overstacked with UA. not sure.)

UI changes:
    Modified the codes for University of Coimbra, Qila, Elephant Camp and Qadi so all their bonus yields now appear on the building. It is now to see the bonus yields from the building's special abilities.

Text and bug fixes:
    Some units were missing faith costs, or were using old faith costs from vanilla
    Mughal fort renamed to qila, sauna renamed to bastu.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Hinin likes this.
  16. phantomaxl1207

phantomaxl1207 King

It doesn't seem good to factor Red Fort when determining if Qila is overperforming, Fealty and Orders, yes.

Good on removing Gold on Fish Boats for Poly's Fale Tele, too much synergy.

Persia will be getting 5% GA Length per Garden?

I would say Songhai has too much Synergy between their UUs. Though, even if Manda Cav were still Horseman, you would be able to upgrade them and the result would still be the same.

17. Mad Madigan

Mad Madigan Prince

Isn't the synergy between Songhai's UUs the whole point? Their xbow replacement is weaker in exchange for making Manda Cav stronger. Are you suggesting the xbow slaves should be made even weaker?

18. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

We made the qila before the imperialism finisher was changed to add more city defence as well. Renaissance base defence is 30:c5strength:. Add walls/castle to that, and that’s 55:c5strength:, or 8.25:c5culture: per turn. When I designed the building I had forgotten how much of an absolute UNIT the naga malla is. No strategic resource and 30:c5strength:cs, makes for very potent garrisons everywhere. I think qila was overperforming, but I might also add the +1 defence for national wonders as a way to mitigate this nerf

That’s right. 5% GA length from every garden. We’ll see how people like it, it’s an easy change to revert.

The Songhai have done poorly in my games, but I haven’t tried them myself. They have a very similar situation to Rome, where the two UUs make a hard domination edge. Rome’s combo effectively cuts out the need for ranged units, songhai’s cuts out melee units. The qadi is pretty terrible though :lol:.

19. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

How does Elephant Camp work? Let's say Mombasa starts next to 8 Iron and claims it, will allying them mean I get 4 Production 4 Gold in each EC city for the alliance?

20. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

8 Iron tiles don't exist, but yes. That is how it works

thanks for pointing that out to me actually. that's another building I can fix the dummy buildings on so they are exposed to the UI