3UC/4UC for VP: Project Coordination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something fishy going on with Tophet: I'm still in Ancient era, only have Barracks as far as bonus xp goes, yet my newly-bought units get 154 xp(shown as 22 xp + 132 xp on unit creation) right off the bat (on Marathon), way more than they should be - almost three promotions' worth. Feels like they're getting the "full xp" as though I had all the possible bonuses for that already, although the numbers are off for that. (Barracks + Armory + Military Academy should be 180 xp, for comparison)

Built units are getting the xp they should be (45 xp off just the Barracks), so it's probably on Tophet.

Gonna test this on Standard now.

EDIT: Similar situation on Standard gives the unit 7 + 14 xp (so half-xp for buying, and then the full xp from barracks... well, one point less.). This is weird.

Last edited:
Actually the Ranch desing is like this:
Spoiler Ranch :

• +2 :c5food: Food, +2 :c5production: Production and +2 :c5gold: Gold to Horse, Cattle, Sheep and Bison Resource
  • +33% :c5production: Production toward Mounted Units
  • +10% :c5war: Military Supply Cap
  • +25% Border Growth Rate
  • 10 :c5food: Food and 10 :c5culture: Culture on Border Growth (natural or through tile purchase)

Dhanurgraha: It was said that bigger RCS will synergize with its unique promotion. To not overpower it we decided to remove 1 CS.

Hippodrome: Do you know lua function to add yields on specific tiles? I tried many times to find such thing but in vain. Without that I don't see way to add yields by lua. If yields in city are bad thing, then we can always get back free horses or horse spawn.

Last edited:
Dhanurgraha: It was said that bigger RCS will synergize with its unique promotion. To not overpower it we decided to remove 1 CS.
I don't think there's too much to worry about with respect to making the RCS 7 or 8. I just don't like penalizing dhanurgraha by lowering its defense. The unit has no unique abilities which help it in combat, unlike the slinger, and horsemen are 1 tech level away with a full 15CS. Archers have a very small window to be useful
Hippodrome: Do you know lua function to add yields on specific tiles? I tried many times to find such thing but in vain. Without that I don't see way to add yields by lua. If yields in city are bad thing, then we can always get back free horses or horse spawn.
Wouldn't the easiest thing be to make a dummy building similar to the teutonic order? On completion of the hippodrome, every city gets a free building which increases gold and culture on horse tiles by 1

It can be done probably, but you don't have yields on tile, but yield from building instead. That's noticable difference.

@pineappledan can you add all sql and lua changes to changelog file? I updated descriptions in my post (I'm still working on it).

Code:
--==========================================================================================================================
-- BUILDING CLASSES
--==========================================================================================================================
------------------------------
-- BuildingClasses
INSERT INTO BuildingClasses
(Type, DefaultBuilding, NoLimit)
VALUES ('BUILDINGCLASS_HIPPODUMMY', 'BUILDING_HIPPO_DUMMY', 1);
-- BUILDINGS
-- Buildings
INSERT INTO Buildings
(Type, BuildingClass, Description, GoldMaintenance, Cost, FaithCost, GreatWorkCount, NeverCapture, NukeImmune, ConquestProb, HurryCostModifier, IconAtlas, PortraitIndex)
VALUES ('BUILDING_HIPPO_DUMMY', 'BUILDINGCLASS_HIPPODUMMY', 'TXT_KEY_BUILDING_HIPPO_DUMMY', 0, -1, -1, -1, 1, 1, 0, -1, 'CIV_COLOR_ATLAS', 0);
-- Building_ResourceYieldChanges
INSERT INTO Building_ResourceYieldChanges
   (BuildingType, ResourceType, YieldType, Yield)
VALUES ('BUILDING_HIPPO_DUMMY', 'RESOURCE_HORSE', 'YIELD_CULTURE', 1),
   ('BUILDING_HIPPO_DUMMY', 'RESOURCE_HORSE', 'YIELD_GOLD', 1);
Wouldn't that do it? the yields would appear on the tiles. Then you could add the dummy building on completion of the hippodrome to all byzantine cities. You could also give the dummy as a free building via SQL, but then it would appear in the UI

@pineappledan can you add all sql and lua changes to changelog file? I updated descriptions in my post (I'm still working on it).
Sure thing

Last edited:
Ok, that way it would work. Will you add it?

I'll give it a shot late tonight. The lua is the only way to do this, now that I think about it. the SQL route has no way of removing the effect if the city with hippodrome is conquered. The lua will need to remove the building from all byzantine cities if the capital is taken

To finish current state I have to clean up following civs:
  • Portugal
  • Venice,
  • Japan,
  • Korea,
  • Huns
Also in pararell I work on adding some missing civs to main post description, rework some older ones, adding screens from @pineappledan. If you could verify current ones if they are up to date it would be nice. Do you like such version on presenting data?

After that I will probably do some lua clean. I did such for only few files.

I have some RL issues now and I have not as much time as in the beggining of the project t work on it. I will continue slowly my job. That's only info for you to know.
Next step: Huns.

Photos are all up to date except Inca (intihuatana change)

I wouldn’t worry about the description on your own post; I’ve kept the 4UC spreadsheet up to date and can use that to build the new OP. Just focusing on code is a better use of time now

I'm just using your spreadsheet and my previous work to prepare such OP description for now in my main post. After that it can be copied to new thread. I could just miss something.

I'm looking to start a game but i'm not sure which civ... anything in particular you would want to test :) ?

Hippodrome checked, fixed and tested.

@Giza Anything. Look at the abilities and check some civ with too weak or too OP (iyo) UC. Help with balance would be appreciated. Maybe one of the first made civs? Oh, I got, Russia and Pogost. There's still debate about how to improve or change this building. Also there was some balance issue with Licorne. Test it if you want and share with us your opinion. Current description may be slightly out of date (it is synced with Github version) so follow in game descriptions.

Tested Iroquois on my own time a couple weeks back, by the way. It all seemed fine. They get great diplomats out faster than any other civ, but they don’t feel overwhelmingly OP because of it. By the end of the game they are probably 2 GDs ahead of other civs.

In my game I had very little forest cover; my empire was bordered by a vast desert and many small islands, so the prowler didn’t particularly shine. That’s not a bad thing though, just wasn’t his game.

Civs that I would particularly like to hear feedback on:
Russia - made a recent change to pogost, but I think it might still be underpowered.
America - want to make sure ranch and monitor are working properly, and that they both feel ‘fun’
Assyria - iron chariot has a very interesting kit. Their unique wall raises their supply cap, and gets an early start on GWW xp for their wonder. I want to know if it helps re-focus Assyria back onto early conquest. Base VP puts their power spike way back onto Gunpowder (full 9 GWWs takes time, siege engines don’t obsolete)

Last edited:
@adan_eslavo with respect to the pogost, the city connection boost is not used on any other buildings anymore. The pogost is unlocked a full era later than the caravansary, which used to give the bonus. I think tweaking the pogost is just a matter of setting the city connection bonus to whatever number is appropriate:
5% on both stage 1 and 2
5% stage 1, 10% stage 2
10% on both stage 1 and 2

one other minor buff idea for pogost: faith for monasteries instead of churches. Churches require the right religious policy is adopted and maintained, but monasteries are adopted with Russia’s optimal medieval policy: fealty.

Shrines and temples are also boosted by Wat (early medieval), but they get +1 faith and science. Maybe we should increase this to +2 faith?

I would go 5/5, monasteries and maybe +2f (or 1f/1g). You can introduce those changes. We will see if @Giza will have something to add on this after gameplay.

Hello everyone ! :)

Here is a first version of the Credit table for the modmod. A lot of messages will have to be sent, and I'm sure there are some errors hidden here and there, but we can begin from here.
Done with the help of Ainu music (in order to not be overwhelmed by the "data").
Spoiler Ainu music :

Have a good day !

Attachments

• Credit Table 3-4 UC modmod.xlsx
    15.6 KB · Views: 27
@Hinin
  • First thing you can change is filling gaps for flags: I made them for: Ethiopia, France, Greece, Mongolia, Poland, Polynesia, Russia, Spain, Celts, Iroquois and Ottomans. Shoshone one was slighlty reworked afair from affiliated tribes mod.
  • Picture for Klepht is made by @pineappledan.
  • Celtic Chariot uses model from Hyksos mod: Heqa-Khasut.
  • "Volujn" made American Ranch picture.
  • @pineappledan can help you with civilopedia entries credits. I added at the biginning few guys whose work I used but then we split with our work and I haven't touched civilopedia again since then.
  • Alan H and wodhann are both mentioned by mikeburnfire in credits for Agora.
  • for Shotelai DMS is mentioned for everything beside design so he did the model probably.
  • For Hippodrome picture enter janboruta. He is mentioned on wiki in credits.
  • Sukritact made flag for unit from anishinaabe mod (now aztec eagle flag).

Last edited:
I’m overhauling pretty much every civilopedia entry.

I already contacted cardboardmech, and he has already consented. Don’t send another message

Attachments

• Credit Table 3-4 UC modmod.xlsx
    15.6 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom