7+ minutes to load a saved game :mad:

PDXcraterman

Chieftain
Is there an option for how fast a saved game loads? From selecting play to graphics it takes approx 8 minutes.

2 minutes for initial load (2K games logo appears). mouse click through to main menu 2 - 5 seconds.
4 - 5 minutes to load game from saved folder until it says finished.
For 2 minutes after it says finished, screen goes black, spear tip (pointer) appears (movable with mouse), finish is still on the screen, then the map finally appears and I can play....... Until the system crashes.....:cry:

Any thoughts or insite?

Thanks for any help or feed back in advance.

Make sure you have loaded Patch V1.52, then if still issues please repost with post-1.52 symptoms and post your Dxdiag via the 'go advnced' button below

Regards
Zy

Zydor said:
Make sure you have loaded Patch V1.52, then if still issues please repost with post-1.52 symptoms and post your Dxdiag via the 'go advnced' button below

Regards
Zy

Thanks for the info. Being a newbie, What post or thread do I stick in under?

This one

If you look below this you will see 'go advanced' button - scroll down its there. You click that, and you will see an entry screen where you can type etc - type any comments there.

Then just above that there is a double line of icons, click the paperclip icon, you will seea button "manage attachments" click it

A popup screen will appear, click the top browse button, and navigate to where you saved the dxdiag file, select the file, click open. You are now back to the previous screen, click 'upload', and your done

The Dxdiag file has all the details of your PC, drivers, dates, running programs, RAM & Video RAM etc - from that we can try to help, without the detail its a stab in the dark

Regards
Zy

PDXcraterman said:
Thanks for the info. Being a newbie, What post or thread do I stick in under?

You can post right here.

:)

PDXcraterman said:
Here is the last 2 dx diag from my last two shut downs in the last two days..

There are in this other thread... Post #5
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=153258

Here is what the Microsoft Crash Report came back with after the reboot.

Hope this helps.

If your system is rebooting itself and you have an error that points to the ram, then the memory is bad and might need to be replaced. Did you download MS memory test and test it? That would seem to be the logical thing to do.

Systems that reboot all by themselves are a good indication of hardware failure.

Yes, did the MS memory test and came out fine. I also downloaded a memory tester and RAM booster program. There memory tester ran for 8 hours and said all my memory was good. I played CIV4 1.52 last night for almost 2 hours with the RAM booster and had no crashes :goodjob: . Hope to test it out more this evening.

I will update this evening with the two programs and links to download them as there where free shareware programs.

I did the RAM boost because of seeing all the post about a memory leak.

PDXcraterman said:
Yes, did the MS memory test and came out fine. I also downloaded a memory tester and RAM booster program. There memory tester ran for 8 hours and said all my memory was good. I played CIV4 1.52 last night for almost 2 hours with the RAM booster and had no crashes :goodjob: . Hope to test it out more this evening.

I will update this evening with the two programs and links to download them as there where free shareware programs.

I did the RAM boost because of seeing all the post about a memory leak.

SWEET:)

Please do that might help others here run the game.

Neon Deon said:
SWEET:)

Please do that might help others here run the game.

Will put it in a new thread called......

Free Memory Boost program. Helps v1.52 from crashing.....

Top Bottom