(7a) Promotion Icons for VP

New Update
(7a) Promotion Icons for VP (Version 2)

Incorporated in VP(8-31)

(v 2)
Code:
- Add new Icons to fit the new Promotions introduced since (2-17)
- Assign the right Icons to Limited Visibility (Naval), Can Move After Attacking (Naval) and Boarded I/II
- Changes, standardization and polishing on a few Icons
- extraPromo Icons entirely reworked

_______
Details

Changed and New Icons:
(7a) Promotion Icons for VP.png

"Extra Promo Icons" is entirely reworked. All the "Enhanced Triangles" are gone. Instead, a full range of exclusive Icons. Most of them are still generic when others are dedicated to specific use.
(Large image 1024x2670)
Extra Promo Icons.png

Also in your folder: \MODS\(7a) Promotion Icons for VP\Extra Promo Icons.png

These 64 Extra Promo Icons are yours! You can use them in your onw projects or to replace triangles and duplicates in modmods. They are included in Vox Populi. Forever :cool:
How to change Promo Icons

Last edited:
For VP(9-9), (9-15), (10-8), (10-23), (11-8) and (12-1) 2019

VP(9-9) introduces a new Promotion : Jinete ("PROMOTION_ALHAMBRA") and changes the definition of City Assault (Same icon with Bonus Vs City (50))
Two new Icons will be in a next version. For now, nothing is done yet.

Meanwhile, I suggest to use two Icons from Extra Promo Icons

So, get Zz_Extra_Promo_Icons.7z, push it in your Mod folder and make the changes in Extra_update.sql :
(Line #133 and 293) (don't forget to delete /* and */ front and back)
Code:
UPDATE UnitPromotions SET IconAtlas = 'extraPromo_Atlas' WHERE Type = 'PROMOTION_ALHAMBRA'; --     => 23
UPDATE UnitPromotions SET PortraitIndex = '23' WHERE Type = 'PROMOTION_ALHAMBRA';

UPDATE UnitPromotions SET IconAtlas = 'extraPromo_Atlas' WHERE Type = 'PROMOTION_HEAVY_PAYLOAD'; --     => 55
UPDATE UnitPromotions SET PortraitIndex = '55' WHERE Type = 'PROMOTION_HEAVY_PAYLOAD';
(9-9).png

EDIT: New Promo Icons for Jinete and City Assault are integrated since VP(12-20)2019

Last edited:
Hi Asterix Rage, I don't know if that question should be aimed at you or 3UC/4UC people, but have you made icon for Atlatist poison arrows? In my current game with the newest VP and additional components they still use one that looks like logistics.

Hi Asterix Rage, I don't know if that question should be aimed at you or 3UC/4UC people, but have you made icon for Atlatist poison arrows? In my current game with the newest VP and additional components they still use one that looks like logistics.
On my end, I got the right Icon for "Poisoned Weapon" Promo given to Maya's Atlatlis (VP9-15 + MUC v51)
atla.png

- Double check the versions you are using
- Make sure you are loading (7a)

Last edited:
I've checked, versions are correct (modpacked, it shouldn't make a difference though). I'm using 3/4 UC, wonders expanded 2.2, Unique City States and Enhanced Naval Warfare + some ui mods that are in Magnus Mutatio. Some screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/GOShc5F

I've checked, versions are correct (modpacked, it shouldn't make a difference though). I'm using 3/4 UC, wonders expanded 2.2, Unique City States and Enhanced Naval Warfare + some ui mods that are in Magnus Mutatio. Some screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/GOShc5F

You are using Promotion Flags EUI (v 1.1)
PF-EUI is loaded after (7a) and so, it makes the final changes on Promotion Icons. Many Promo Icons are "wrong" (Not only Poisoned Weapon Promo)
The only way to fix that is an update of Promotion Flags EUI but the author akamal is not active anymore.

EDIT:
The fix is done!
Promotion Flags EUI for VP

Last edited:
That would make sense. However I'm still a bit surprised, as Promotion Flags works well with 95% of them or more. If the author is inactive, maybe it's a good time for me to get into modding myself, I know English and SQL, would love to get it into practice ;) Time is my only limited resource now

Last edited:
Promotion Flags works well with 95% of them or more.
(7a) substitutes 70% of vanilla Promo Icons. Mainly triangles.
After that, PF-EUI substitutes 5% of them. They are not "wrong" but not as (7a) set them.

PF-EUI 1.1 must be reworked to be friend with (7a)

it's a good time for me to get into modding myself, I know English and SQL
Sounds good

Last edited:
Hey just wanted to say thanks for your work. I've been using your promotion icons before VP included them and enjoyed them ever since.

Have you thought about color coding your icons in the sense of positive- (green), mixed- (yellow) and negative- (red) effects? I can't remember where I have that idea from but it was pretty intriguing.

Its been a week and I'm still on the edge of my seat
Wondering when will this announcement be dropped
Let's wait and see...

Have you thought about color coding your icons in the sense of positive- (green), mixed- (yellow) and negative- (red) effects? I can't remember where I have that idea from but it was pretty intriguing.
(7a) replaces all triangles and duplicates with icons that respect the native Civilization design. A few inconspicuous colors have been introduced to ease the creation of the 250 new icons.
(7a) is to enhance what Civ/VP is. Not to make revolution!
Also, what a Promotion Icon must say is much more sophisticated than positive/mixed/negative.
Thx anyway for making suggestions.

Last edited:
New Update
(7a) Promotion Icons for VP (Version 3)
Incorporated in VP(12-20)

Code:
(v 3)
- Add Promotion Icons for City Assault, Jinete, Siege Volleys, Titan, Concussive Hits and Dazed.
- Final touches on a few Icons.

PIVP_v3_Show.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom