(7a) Promotion Icons for VP

muc_PI_show2.png

Last edited:
I love this mod. So, so much better without all those mystery triangles!

I have a question though. Is it easy to edit? Suppose there is an icon which I don't particularly like and want to replace with my own design - is that easy? I've had a poke around in the mod folder, but the image format is unclear to me, and I'm not sure what program to use.

I’ve been holding off posting updates until a new VP version is posted. I have a feeling this next one is going to be a big one, and that I’ll just have to re-release everything right after anyways

I’ve been holding off posting updates until a new VP version is posted. I have a feeling this next one is going to be a big one, and that I’ll just have to re-release everything right after anyways
Hmmm, 'tis a bit too quiet on the western front now, isn't it? I smell a biggun a-comin'...

Twas the night before Patch Day, when all through the Gazebo,
not a creature was stirring, not even a BiteInTheMark;
The patch notes were hung by the VP community with care,
In hopes that St. G soon would be there;

This.

Does next Vox Populi version receive these icon updates as well?
No. Those icons will be integrated in their respective civmods when the authors will make an upgrade (pineappledan, HungryForFood and jarcast2)
"(7a) Promotion Icons for VP" integrated into the Vox Populi installer, is in charge of Civ5+VP Promotions Icons only.

EDIT 01-09-19 : All Civmods have been updated

Now, I'm working on (7a) Promotion Icons for VP Version 2
A few icons will be completely reworked while some others will be simply improved.
ExtraPromo_Atlas will be reworked as well. Still 64 Extra Icons for your own used but more diversified than it is currently

:salute:If some of you have complaints, requests, or good ideas to express, it's time to do it :think:

Last edited:
For version 2, I noticed some possible gaps?

For example, should a promotion icon be made for Gift of the Pharoah (Egypt’s war chariot promotion) and Sacred Steps (the unique promotion if you own Uluru)?

For version 2, I noticed some possible gaps?
For example, should a promotion icon be made for Gift of the Pharoah (Egypt’s war chariot promotion) and Sacred Steps (the unique promotion if you own Uluru)?
They are there:
noGaps.png

Oh I’ll shut up then :p

Thanks for sprucing up my mods, Asterix. The only 2 of the custom civs of mine that don’t have unique promotions now are Israel and my 4UC unit for Nubia.

Israel:
Promised land: +25% vs barbs and 40:c5faith: when clearing barb camps
Hasmonean Guerilla: ignores terrain, +25% flanking, +5 healing in friendly territory
Judge of Israel: unit generates 2:c5culture:2:c5faith: every turn.
Milhemet Reshut: :c5greatperson:Points towards a random GP in the Capital when an enemy unit within 2 tiles dies.

Nubia:
Blessing of Apedemak: +1 move when starting turn next to river (identical to portage promotion, can use same icon)
Temple Guard: :c5unhappy:Needs reduction in city when garrisoned

Last edited:
Hmmm, 'tis a bit too quiet on the western front now, isn't it? I smell a biggun a-comin'...

Twas the night before Patch Day, when all through the Gazebo,
not a creature was stirring, not even a BiteInTheMark;
The patch notes were hung by the VP community with care,
In hopes that St. G soon would be there;

Not to dispel hope but a reminder that I just finished a major cross country move, and I also just had a major work project finish up. So the next patch is coming, but it’s not a revolution.

G

Not to dispel hope but a reminder that I just finished a major cross country move, and I also just had a major work project finish up. So the next patch is coming, but it’s not a revolution.

G
Hopefully everything went smoothly for you. :thumbsup:

For VP(7-29), (8-5), (8-16) and (8-21)

Here are new Icons for Field Works, Entrenchments and DFPs Promotions:
FIELD_WORKS_show.png
They will be included in (7a) Promotion Icons for VP (v 2)

But (7a) version 2 is not released yet!
To have them now, copy the minimod below in your mod folder.
Savegame fully compatible

Last edited:
For VP(7-29)

Here are new Icons for Field Works, Entrenchments and DFPs Promotions:

View attachment 530834

They will be included in (7a) Promotion Icons for VP (v 2)

But (7a) version 2 is not released yet!
To have them now, copy the minimod below in your mod folder.
Savegame fully compatible
That's dedication! Humble thanks.

A bit off topic (sorry) but just to inform anyone making mods with additional promotions: the Promotion Tree upgrade for VP that I made and that is bundled as (7b) in VP has the functionality for some extended branching of promotions that isn't currently in use within standard VP. I initially wrote the code for that under the assumption that VP would keep the special branching of the helicopter promos but Gazebo ended up removing those, so now no promo tree has that kind of branching and the feature isn't used.

So if anyone is making mods with additional promotions or mods that reshuffle promotions feel free to get more creative with the branches of the 2 additional promo lines that (7b) enables (the 2 extra lines in the middle).

To see what I mean, check out this imgur gallery which should showcase most of the options available; if you're unsure whether some combination you have in mind can work or not feel free to ask (or just try it out within VP, I guess).

A bit off topic (sorry) but just to inform anyone making mods with additional promotions: the Promotion Tree upgrade for VP that I made and that is bundled as (7b) in VP has the functionality for some extended branching of promotions that isn't currently in use within standard VP. I initially wrote the code for that under the assumption that VP would keep the special branching of the helicopter promos but Gazebo ended up removing those, so now no promo tree has that kind of branching and the feature isn't used.

So if anyone is making mods with additional promotions or mods that reshuffle promotions feel free to get more creative with the branches of the 2 additional promo lines that (7b) enables (the 2 extra lines in the middle).

To see what I mean, check out this imgur gallery which should showcase most of the options available; if you're unsure whether some combination you have in mind can work or not feel free to ask (or just try it out within VP, I guess).
Good to know...

Top Bottom