8.0x Bugs Thread

hi sephi
i saw that you also included the tag
<PromotionPrereq3> and <PromotionPrereq4> both work, however they are not shown in the pedia (only 1+2)

the bug that obsolete spells would still show up is fixed, almost:
i created a spell that merges/obsoletes: hope + wall of stone + inspiration
and here is the funny thing: when i am in a city everything is fine only the new spell shows up, when i am outside a city however all 4 (the 3 old +1 new) spells show up.

i will post an update this evening with new merges :)

Pink squares playing with hybrorem, the warrior unit in city. And when I tried to build a warrior anyway, the game CTD

hello,

Is it a bug or am I missing something? I play with Kya Tiri and cant build any religious hero (maybe I cant create ANY hero, havent try it yet)

here i tryed to get saverous:

Spoiler :

here Bambur (same initial save):

Spoiler :

v.8.02

Im pretty sure nobody else buildet the heroes before i did because i founded the religions and teched mind stapling/arete immediatly plus its not a high dificulty.

Attachments

• Amurite miss Bambur.JPG
    Amurite miss Bambur.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 228
  • Amurite miss Saverous.JPG
    Amurite miss Saverous.JPG
    329.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Where is bambur.CivBeyondSwordSave
    268.2 KB · Views: 35
sorry about that. is a bug introduced by a recent bugfix. Uploaded Patch 8.04 to fix this. doesn't break saves.

I dont know if that was a bug, but in the game Im playing as Illians, I declared war on Malakim and immediatly 3 or 4 houses offered support, even when I had poor techs to support them. I have constructed barracks in all my 4 cities, so Tarrashk was expected, but I have only 1 magic school and only knowledge of the ether (cannith was the first to pop). Vadallis had offered me before (I have some hunters cottages and 1 hunter), so I think it is fine. And the traders... I only have markets, no appropiate tech. All those 4 offered support as soon as I declared war.

(BTW this game is kind of echologic war: ice vs. desert... but now Im going for the Malakim so ice will triumph. You can see it in the picture in the previous post.)

I can second this. When I declared war on the Baleraph as Hippus, House Cannith and House Ghallanda both offered support.

Has anyone had a problem building religious heroes, particularly after Risen/Traders/Protectors arise, all agnostic I believe, to join the game?

I've previously done an Order game where I built Valin right off the bat, then I had another one, where a faction joined the game and Valin wasn't a valid choice. Same goes for Bambur in a game I'm playing now. Open Worldbuilder and no one else had built these heroes so a little confusing. I wonder if when progressing to late game, Arthendain won't be available either, despite no one else pursuing ROK? Odd.

Edit: they're not agnostic, but still, if they haven't researched Arete or built Bambur (which pops up a message of (someone) has created Bambur, which I haven't seen), still baffled.

Has anyone had a problem building religious heroes, particularly after Risen/Traders/Protectors arise, all agnostic I believe, to join the game?

I've previously done an Order game where I built Valin right off the bat, then I had another one, where a faction joined the game and Valin wasn't a valid choice. Same goes for Bambur in a game I'm playing now. Open Worldbuilder and no one else had built these heroes so a little confusing. I wonder if when progressing to late game, Arthendain won't be available either, despite no one else pursuing ROK? Odd.

Edit: they're not agnostic, but still, if they haven't researched Arete or built Bambur (which pops up a message of (someone) has created Bambur, which I haven't seen), still baffled.

there was a bug introduced by a recent bugfix. Try patch 8.04, it should fix the issue with heroes (and not break saves)

My problem happened again. So is there a way to automatically delete this cache everytime I start the game?

Edit:
Now everytime I want to load my game it is necessary to start a 'Play now' game before I'm able to start it. :(

since this seems to be a local problem did you try a clean re-install of wildmana (deleting the FFH Wildmana folder first)?

I have deleted my old FFH Wild Mana folder, then installed WM 8.0 and patched it.

Wildmana is in so many ways better than base FFH2, it seems to have fewer gamespoiling bugs and way more features. But this savegame loading bug seems to be there for a longer time, when I read this forum correctly. :(

Wildmana is in so many ways better than base FFH2, it seems to have fewer gamespoiling bugs and way more features. But this savegame loading bug seems to be there for a longer time, when I read this forum correctly. :(

first time I have heard of it. I will first fix all the current art issues and if the problem is still around then take a deeper look at it. From the logs it looks like the game loads up fine, but crashes in the turn of the first player (most likely human player)

Top Bottom