8.0x Bugs Thread

starting a play now game cleans the local cache. I have no idea why it is needed in this case. The crash happens somewhere in the exe which cannot be modified.

starting a play now game cleans the local cache. I have no idea why it is needed in this case. The crash happens somewhere in the exe which cannot be modified.

So is there a way to delete this cache automatically every time I start the game?

I have seen something similar while testing for "The Ancient Mediterranean" mod.

ok it disappeared with reload

pink squares when calabim cast world spell, instead of the normal picture which shows -2pop/city

Patch 8.02 (and 8.0):

Pink block for Awakened odds button by the mana bar.

Replacing the button reference on line 3860 of CvMainInterface.py with

Code:
, ,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Units_Atlas1.dds,1,10

will give it the Awakened unit icon.

ok it disappeared with reload

pink squares when calabim cast world spell, instead of the normal picture which shows -2pop/city

fixed, and a lot other icons for messages too.

thanks, Tarquelne! fixed

all these pink squares are annoying but I think in the long run it will pay off to have the icons moved to atlas files (loading speed, less MAFs)

but don't stay pink, do they?

i found an old missing txt that i thought was fixed the TXT_KEY_BUG_HINT_21
is missing

Ok I found it, I must not have uploaded it as I thought I had. - Fixed next update

i found an old missing txt that i thought was fixed the TXT_KEY_BUG_HINT_21
is missing

I thought I had fixed the bug hint a couple of times now tesb, did you see it during the load game process?

no, won't stay pink. Shouldn't be too many left but there are like 1000 references scattered accross several files. Those from events are caused of an old packfile included in the download, so very easy to fix.

no, won't stay pink. Shouldn't be too many left but there are like 1000 references scattered accross several files. Those from events are caused of an old packfile included in the download, so very easy to fix.

you are going to have to show me how those work one day, so i can help out. my understanding is that there is an art file that is tagged, so what happens that untaggs them during the update process?

Ok I found it, I must not have uploaded it as I thought I had. - Fixed next update

I thought I had fixed the bug hint a couple of times now tesb, did you see it during the load game process?

Yes, lucky me of all the hints there are :)
to be fair i start a lot of games when testing new stuff i implement

Yes, lucky me of all the hints there are :)
to be fair i start a lot of games when testing new stuff i implement

understood, it happens to me a lot too, when sephi is spittin out updates faster then i can test em.... haha

the spell hideous dream has a pink border, very minor "bug"

Playing 8.01 but this one has been around for a while (maybe base FFH). The Eyes and Ears Network gives inappropriate techs. I just got Children of the Desert (I guess there were some Malakim rebellions). In the past I've gotten religious techs when playing agnostic civs.

(This isn't going to start turning my land to desert, is it? I'd like to keep playing this game.)

That Life I spell that buffs units a little vs. unholy stuff, I think it might be called Life Ward now (was "Sanctified"?), I'm noticing in 8.02 that sometimes the promotion art if checking out other units is not a tiny little icon, it's like a postage stamp compared to the others. So you'll see an enemy with a bunch of little stars for Combat promos, and then all of a sudden a huge blue-ish picture of whatever blue-ish highligted thing (an angel?) is meant to represent this promotion.

I know it's not a bug, more balance, but isn't it irritating to see Pyre Zombies which are "sanctified"? Wonder if spells like that ought to be useless on certain races, like all the non-living units being un-sancti-fiable, or if you can envision sanctified golems, at least demons and undead not being able to get it ("here, let me sprinkle you with holy stuff to protect you from yourself").

I too have noticed odd sized promotion icons on ai stacks. Bannor(possibly malakim) adepts with huge icons which cluttered up the screen when mousing over the stack.

can you make a screenshot?

I uploaded patch 8.03 witch fixes bot WoC errors in the savegames.

Top Bottom