(8-12) New Beta Patch (Hotfix 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to fix the issue; I think it's related to the new spy system and/or city capture popup. Waiting on G for that.

My own Civ V modding skills are basically nil but poking around in error logs I found this:

[265734.437] Runtime Error: D:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6c) 43 Civs CP\No-EUI\NotificationPanel.lua:245: table index is nil
[265734.437] Runtime Error: Error loading D:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6c) 43 Civs CP\No-EUI\NotificationPanel.lua.
I'm guessing that's the source of the issue; as you expected line 245 is:

g_NameTable[ NotificationTypes.NOTIFICATION_CITY_CHOOSE_FATE ] = "ChooseCityFate";​

Going to go ahead and see if there's anything I can do to patch this.

What's up with the amount of hotfixes? I have to keep updating my game

Wanted to get the fixes out immediately, but I'm done with hotfixes for the time being.

They're savegame compatible and take about a minute to install (maybe a few more if you have to restart the game, granted); if you don't want the fixes, don't download them.

@Recursive
If I started a game on HF1 and did not reach Ideologies would my game be safe to update?

Your speed is greatly appreciated :)

@Recursive
If I started a game on HF1 and did not reach Ideologies would my game be safe to update?

Your speed is greatly appreciated :)

I'm not certain; there was a database screwup prior to Hotfix 2 which may have affected other things. It should be playable, though.

Hotfixes 2 - 5 are all savegame compatible with each other.

Last edited:
Alright - I'll start a new one. Better to be safe than sorry!

Thanks for your fast response!

My own Civ V modding skills are basically nil but poking around in error logs I found this:

[265734.437] Runtime Error: D:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6c) 43 Civs CP\No-EUI\NotificationPanel.lua:245: table index is nil
[265734.437] Runtime Error: Error loading D:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6c) 43 Civs CP\No-EUI\NotificationPanel.lua.
I'm guessing that's the source of the issue; as you expected line 245 is:

g_NameTable[ NotificationTypes.NOTIFICATION_CITY_CHOOSE_FATE ] = "ChooseCityFate";​

Going to go ahead and see if there's anything I can do to patch this.

Further to this, it doesn't look like the problem is in the 'regular' files (at least as far as my amateur poking around can find) and I can confirm that the issue exists both in the 43-civ and regular non-EUI versions. For what my read is worth, I'd bet the bug is in the DLL (which I am not going to try touching).

Hopefully this info helps folks patch this.

Still playing the 7 Version, but I noticed, that the Mongols seems to be extremly strong.
They were able to easily lead massiv in my last games and I tried them now and... thats ludicrous...
I can heavy Tribute 300 hammers in a time when wonders cost 200 hammers.... also equal to 3 horseman or 3 skirmishers...

Still playing the 7 Version, but I noticed, that the Mongols seems to be extremly strong.
They were able to easily lead massiv in my last games and I tried them now and... thats ludicrous...
I can heavy Tribute 300 hammers in a time when wonders cost 200 hammers.... also equal to 3 horseman or 3 skirmishers...
Well mongols themselves are just op to be honest
But damn, 300 hammers? I got like 180 max early game, haven't tested it out with the new patch though. Build couple of spearman/chariots, tribute, win.

Well mongols themselves are just op to be honest
But damn, 300 hammers? I got like 180 max early game, haven't tested it out with the new patch though. Build couple of spearman/chariots, tribute, win.
Turn 139, I recently entered Medieval and started to build Borobodur. Cause I have already some world wonders, I have to pay 640 hammers to it, normal price would be 400. 100% heavy tribute from mercantile Singapur gives me 516 hammers. Thats simply ridicoulus amounts of yields for simply moving your units around a City-State. At the same time, I also get 516 culture, which is 8 turns of my culture output....

If it's any consolation, it used to be even worse.

Turn 139, I recently entered Medieval and started to build Borobodur. Cause I have already some world wonders, I have to pay 640 hammers to it, normal price would be 400. 100% heavy tribute from mercantile Singapur gives me 516 hammers. Thats simply ridicoulus amounts of yields for simply moving your units around a City-State. At the same time, I also get 516 culture, which is 8 turns of my culture output....
With that amount of hammers who even needs to actually build units in several turns, just do it in 1

If it's any consolation, it used to be even worse.
My focus in early and mid game lies in growth and infrastructre, I rarely have the time to create a big army to run around and demand tributes. Never knew tributes can reach such amounts.
Thats a bit odd that warmongers are able to call for such amount of yields.

There was a new tribute system implemented where instead of giving a value based on the strength of your army alone, the CS contributes yields from its own output into a "pot" each turn. Heavy tributing then empties a portion of that pot, based on your military strength. So, if you don't want tributing yields to be huge yield dumps, you should tribute more often.

If you got what you feel is a tribute reward so large it's unfair, that probably means that CS was left alone for a long time, and just kept building its pot larger and larger.

Hotfix #5 posted. Savegame compatible. Changelog:
Code:
- Fixed a bug that was making the AI's victory dispute penalty stack up to -1,275 (!!!)
- Fixed an exploit allowing voluntary vassals to clear all backstabbing penalties
- Fixed certain political modifiers (denounced our friend, etc.) counting players with 0 cities
- Fixed some typos, including Sejong's war declaration text
- Adjusted several opinion modifiers:
  - Adjustments to breaking/ignoring promise penalties
  - Increased bonus/penalty for the AI liking/disliking a player's World Congress resolution
  - Nerfed wonder spammer penalty, but allowed it to apply farther once AI can cross the ocean
  - Nerfed penalties for religious conversion
  - Nerfed duration of breaking/ignoring digging promise modifiers
  - Tweaked penalty for stealing territory: still doesn't apply for wartime thefts, but the AI will remember peacetime thefts until a Peace Treaty is signed with them
  - Adjusted value of backstabbing penalties
  - Nerfed "resurrector attacked us" penalty: now a regular backstabbing penalty, not an additional one (but still permanent)
  - Buffed penalty for aggressive military deployment + now customizable
Hotfixed folders have been added to the original post. To apply the hotfix, just download them and install them as you would the patch itself.

Mighty work altogether Recursive!
Although, I see a minor issue on this hotfix 5. I started a new game and when hovering over a luxury bonus, it does not show it's monopoly bonus. This is first hotfix I've used.

My puppets are doing completely useless processes while there are still a ton of buildings to be built.

Spoiler :

Regular, non-puppet city for comparison:

Spoiler :

Mighty work altogether Recursive!
Although, I see a minor issue on this hotfix 5. I started a new game and when hovering over a luxury bonus, it does not show it's monopoly bonus. This is first hotfix I've used.

Post bug reports on Github, please! :)

My puppets are doing completely useless processes while there are still a ton of buildings to be built.

Spoiler :

Regular, non-puppet city for comparison:

Spoiler :

A while back, ilteroi nerfed puppets (except for Venice). They can now only build buildings up to the previous era. In addition, except for defensive buildings like Walls, they won't build anything that costs maintenance while your GPT is negative.

They probably shouldn't be running the Defense process if there's no enemies around or health to be healed, though.

Post bug reports on Github, please! :)

A while back, ilteroi nerfed puppets (except for Venice). They can now only build buildings up to the previous era. In addition, except for defensive buildings like Walls, they won't build anything that costs maintenance while your GPT is negative.

They probably shouldn't be running the Defense process if there's no enemies around or health to be healed, though.

That's... awful. At first blush, that sounds like a huge nerf to the player and/or a huge buff to the AI.

EDIT: Another, different puppet had two laborers while there a TON of open tiles to work.

Last edited:
I'll try out hotfix number 5 ( how you get to 5, I don't imagine), and see if there's still any problems
Also the EUI version of VP breaks exploration, you can't go deep into fog or it just takes up all your movement if you step too deep in

I'll try out hotfix number 5 ( how you get to 5, I don't imagine), and see if there's still any problems
Also the EUI version of VP breaks exploration, you can't go deep into fog or it just takes up all your movement if you step too deep in

I have a 6th one coming later today. It's called having no life. :p

Please report bugs on Github.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom