1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

A Brave New World Part 2

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by EQandcivfanatic, Jan 28, 2009.

1. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

We to vote for Peking, China in 1944.

2. bombshoo

bombshoo Never mind...

After much debate, the Republic of China has decided it can indeed be ready to host the Olympic Games of 1944. The Republic of China believes this will bring prosperity to the rebuilt region by providing jobs and national pride. We vote for Peking, China in 1944.

Despite our friendship and respect for New England, China also regretfully informs the world that we will not be participating in the 1936 Olympics. The safety of our own athletes and citizens comes first and with war so close we will not take the risk.

3. Circuit

Circuit Writing Letters

Argentina votes for New Caen, New France.

4. Crezth

Crezth 話說天下大勢分久必合合久必分

OOC: Great update!

IC-

We vote for Peking, China for the Olympics.

To: Tunisia

We must demand you halt your terrorist actions in Algeria or you will be dealt with. Severely. This is your first and last warning. In exchange, we will sign a treaty to respect Tunisian waters and trade.

5. Slim_Shady

Slim_Shady Quebec Extremist

Yes I know that. I was quoting it because you have recognized a Nation that is attacking Quebec, your own blood. And you still sit idly by and do nothing.

Quebec votes for New Caen.

6. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

Virginia votes for the city of New Caen in the Republic of New France to host the Olympic games.

7. Warman17

Warman17 NES Grandpa

To France
    From Turkey:
    We would like France to exhibit evidence that Tunisia is responsible for said "terrorist" activities. Regardless, we believe an agreement could exist where Tunisia promises not to interfere in the colonial affairs of France while France agrees not to interfere with the maritime activities of Tunisia.

To Olympic Committee
    From Turkey:

Turkey votes for Cairo to head the Olympic games.

8. Anonymous2U

Anonymous2U Deadly Serious

OCC:

Great Update

EQ I absolutely cannot make that deadline. I will be camping all weekend and I can't complete tonight because I work stuff to do.

The best I can do is probably 10 CSDT or 11 ESDT Sunday night.

Sorry...

9. Anonymoose

Anonymoose KING OF MEESE

To France
    From Tunisia
    Nothing would please the people of Tunisia more than to have such a treaty, but we will not accept responsibility for tribal infighting on the other side of the border. I assure you that I want nothing to do with the goings-on in your colonies, and just want the people of Tunisia to be safe.

10. Anonymous2U

Anonymous2U Deadly Serious

OOC:

Nevermind I sucked it up and got them done. I apologize for the quality I was barely awake when writing them.

11. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

From The Russian Federation
    To Persia

We echo Virginia's statement. Return Russian oil fields or The Russian Federation will be forced to mobilize its troops in order to secure our interests.

To Virginia

Russia is willing to work with Virginian troops if military action becomes necessary within Persia.

Russia votes for the Olympics to be held in Peking, China

12. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

OOC: Holy Cow Russia's actually gonna fight someone? Hurry wheres the popcorn this will probably be over in a year! Well at least after a lot of whatever they fight ends up dead.

13. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

<Luckymoose>: that's what I thought, Russians have no balls
    <Kentharu>: i will

14. Circuit

Circuit Writing Letters

Orders sent.

To: World

Due to the recent events in Argentina, we will be engaging only in defensive war from now on. Any hostile (i.e. New England and friends) ships entering Argentine waters are liable to be sunk without warning. Argentine airspace is protected as well. We are unable to engage in actual fighting on behalf of our allies.

15. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

A Memory

Through the woods outside Montgomery, the night air was cool and humid, the ground damp from a spring rain the day before, a Louisianan and Mormon patrol was making a push. The stench of rotting flesh filled the air and a stagnant, breeze less calm stretched across the darkness. Hundreds of men had died mere hours earlier in the twilight of the day, Montgomery had fallen two weeks previous and Georgian forces were rallying to take her back. The Mormons and Louisianan soldiers treaded lightly through the mud, keeping noise as low as possible, knowing the Georgian line is not far from their position and unaware of the exact location or strength. Mormon troops had been to the area two days before and had run into a few of the new Georgian tanks, causing them to make a swift retreat, but now the ranks are fuller and the odds seem more favorable. A hundred yards away, in the next tree line beyond a small meadow lay the Georgian lines. Within them a young James Dahl, his crew and two other tank crews with equipment, along with a company of infantry.

Georgian patrols along the tree line were being made to keep an eye out as the soldiers rested up in makeshift tents. Rifles stacked in cone shaped patterns near the tents and much of the gear and equipment laying around recklessly. The lines were not so stable and movement had become a regular occurrence. In the moon light there was a faint show of motion in the trees and as the Georgian guards walked past a section, the sound of three shots rang out. Two Georgians fell to the ground and the Gulf soldiers rushed to the edge of the trees. Seeing the camp across the meadow, a mere sixty yards away, they began opening fire at the tents as Georgian soldiers stumbled out and began putting their gear on and grabbing rifles. Dahl's eyes opened in a rush, he had heard the shots begin and was now grabbing his officers cap and handgun as he stepped out of the tent.

&#8220;Get to the tanks!&#8221;

Dahl raised his voice to overcome the sounds of incoming and outgoing fire, though he remained calm. A moment later the sound of two tanks could be heard cranking up, the engines roared and the sound of gun fire became dull in comparison. The tanks began to roll around the camp and towards a position that they could open fire on the tree line, which flashed like a lightning storm from the muzzles of the Gulf's guns. Dahl walked up besides his tank and motioned some orders to the crew within, they moved into the position he requested and as he turned his head, they opened fire. Sending a high explosive round into the trees, bursting behind the Gulf lines but giving a moment of light that showed the silhouettes of the enemy scum. The fighting continued as Georgians finally were in position and the chaos had settled. Dahl rallied his fellow soldiers, waving his handgun and sending off a few rounds in the direction of the enemy. As the tanks pushed forward, unstoppable by the smaller firearms of the Gulf, their lines began to break allowing a push by Georgians into the woods.

Georgians creped across the meadow, keeping low in the grass and firing all the while. The tanks continued to fire high explosive rounds and were busting trees and lighting the entire area up. The Mormons fled first, leaving behind the Louisianan soldiers who were no better a match to the Georgians than anyone else. Ten more minutes passed and the firefight was dying down, dozens of dead on both sides as the Louisianan soldiers finally turned an ran.

Dahl and his men walked into the trees hearing the sounds of the wounded left behind. Blood, guts and gunpowder were the smells that filled the air and Dahl walked through the mud, his feet dipping below the surface in some areas, with his handgun at the ready. Approaching a young Louisianan soldier, perhaps no older than fifteen and possibly one of the too eager to fight youth, he muttered some words of comfort to the boy as he bled out.

&#8220;Better to be in heaven with the Lord Almighty, than on the Earth in the Hell I bring forth.&#8221;

A single shot rang out.

16. Arian

Arian No more ghostbusting!!

Hungary votes for New Caen.

Orders sent.

17. Justo

Justo Emperor

OOC: Great update as always. :)

IC: To: New England

We instead offer New England a counter proposal. The UCNA will withdraw forces from Cuba, Quebec recognizing New England as the protector of the nation and cease naval action against New England. In return New England will no further involve itself be it by direct or indirect support in Canada as the Republican Government ceases to exist in any real form and will recognize the independence of the Peoples Republic of Jamaica with the Communist government as the official ruling party of the nation. Further New England will sign a 5 year non-aggression pact with Jamaica to ensure the security of the island nation.

We are open to minor amendments of this if desired.

To: The Empire of Louisiana

We ask why Louisianan submarines have been attacking UCNA merchant shipping in the Caribbean. We have done nothing to warrant such undeclared military action and will respond if these raids continue.

18. HMS Vanguard

HMS Vanguard Prince

To: Kurdistan

Those Provinces which possess a Kurdish Minority happen to possess a Persian Majority. No transfer of land will occur. However, those Kurdish Minorities will have no obstructions preventing them leaving should they want to. Those who choose to stay choose Persian Rule, and those that choose to leave choose Kurdish Rule. Persia will not interfere in the choice of these people, and Kurdistan should refrain from doing so as well.

We bid you good Day.

To Russia, Virginia:
    From Persia:

Please detail how Persian Lands and Persian Oil are the property of Russia and/ or Virginia? The Oil in in the under the ground of Persia, and while Russian / Virginian Companies may lease the land off of the Persian Government, anything and everything below he ground is the property, inherently, if not expressed, of the Imperial State Of Persia. If this discussion is to continue, then I would suggest a more secure, private approach.

We bid you good day.

(PS. Iran / Persia did this to Great Britain in Real Life...
    and according to my knowledge without significant repercussions...
    Correct me if I am wrong))

OOC: Fantastic Update as always EQ, good Work!

19. Arsonist

Arsonist Warlord

To: France

Greece is interested to know what flimsy "evidence" France will come up with for the blatant lies that have been laid to the door of the Republic and Tunisia and wonders if Tunisia will be a repeat of Morocco? Will the Trains of Death run once more?

20. Justo

Justo Emperor

OOC:

:D