A Glorious Sepulcher; Fresh Start NES

The Misthali would like to formerly invite the states of: Konrell, Remda, Muka, Tog, Tamayame, and Karika

... To the formation of a Serpentin Equity Trade Coalition (SETC).

Objectives of the SETC:
-To Formulate a group of states that will seek fair and equal trade between member states in the Serpentin region.
-Establish a medium of safe trade and equal domestic and national markets.
-Establish a common currency to promote economic growth.
-To protect avenues of trade and introduce safe venture for merchants and travelers.

...and other objectives may be decided upon at a later time

The Headquarters of the SETC, if successful, will be situated on the island of Misthali as it serves as one of the safest places in the region and because of its central position in the Serpentin.

From Tog:
To Misthali:

*** Your diplomat does not return ***

From Queen Ratree the Second of that Name, Guardian of the Eastern and Western Tog, Servant of the Six Prophets, Sword of Lytsu
To the Tamayames

Your control of the straits and the traffic between the northern powers and the Einion states has brought you wealth. We do not wish for their to be blood between us and you- but we would like a share of the great wealth you have won. We are willing to stop our raids and allow your coastal villages to return to their fleets, if only you will share some of your great wealth.

The cost for peace is 8 gold.

TLK - I notice the Konrell starting with a number of ship UUs but in the description of said vessels I can't build them. Is this interntional or an oversight?

That was just an oversight, I'll fix it momentarily.

To: Serdio

So long as our merchants have no qualms with trading with you, we won't either. We accept.

To: Misthali

Don't be so foolish. We have no wish to peg ourselves to your lords whims.

To: Misthali

We're afraid we must decline; we have little control over our "markets". The merit can be seen in your idea, the benefits can't.

EDIT: It's supposed to be Greeco-Roman times. Concepts of massive economic trading blocks, or large in depth military alliances just simply don't exist. Currencys, markets, and general values of things are far too abstract to really regulate to any meaningful extent. Until some sort of more realistic economic theorem is in place, the NPCs are going to refuse offers for NAFTA like organizations, and NATO like organizations. Simple alliances, trade deals and things like that are fine. Attempting to establish common currency with several very different states is something else entirely. Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I just can't believe that deals like this would be made. If you are going for something more like the Delian League, that's acceptable, and Remda would probably join in.

Also, it is very difficult to name things, or do updates without having any ideas of names for geographic locations. So I'm making a Map Contest. *gasp*

Basically, post your cradles map, with names for things, such as rivers, islands, mountain ranges, lakes, or whatever comes to mind, and I'll see about making some of them "cannon". For every name that becomes official, like the Sea of Serpentin, you will get 2-5 culture points. Hopefully some of you will make some maps.

To: Vorvesusk

Being so closely located with one another, and having such a large nation sharing a border with us as well, we would like to ask your nation to join Serdio in a possible alliance. If you do not wish to start a complete alliance as of yet might we suggest we open trade with one another and have an agreement to guaranteed peace between us for the near future?

To: Serdio

At this moment we cannot cement anything for sure, but having a good trading relationship would go a long way in increasing relations. We accept your offer of more open trade.

Cultural bits are posted up on the front page. Hopefully each question will be answered with that. Also, deadline is March 5th. First 3 sets of orders will get 5 Gold banked.

From the Sismondis
To Lyre

Do you seek protection from the Termidorians? We have no interest in seeing them occupy your fine island.

From the Sismondis
To Makkat

We hope you understand, being our minor neighbour, Sismondi merchants expect to be treated better than the sea-peoples when doing business in your territory.

To: Sismondis

Protection would be fine; yes. Their expansion isn't predetermined.

To: Sismondis

Sismondi merchants are treated fine in our city, equal to any other merchant that wishes to commit to trade.

Ahh...i understand. I thought it was a bit early anyway :p

To: the Sismondis

Your designs against the Termidorians are sinister to say the least. We recommend withdrawing your barbarian tendrils from honest Termidorian states and staying in your backwater, lest you bring the wrath of all the Dori upon you.

You have been warned.

To: Tlleya

We offer to the brave peoples of Tlleya, for so long resistant to the insidious influences of the pirates of Dorishor, an alliance. Together, Tlleya and Termi Dor will stand united against enemies of the Termidorian people such as the insidious Sismondi, and the states of the Dori seeking to grow their lands at our expense.

OOC: Quick question for TLK - roughly how long ago did you imagine the split between the central Termidorian government and the other Termidorian states occurring? I was about to write up a brief history about the schism, and I wrote them as being independent for about 50 years, but then I realised that was probably too recent. How long ago did you imagine it?

Map of the Dori and the surrounding regions going up soonish, when I finish it.

I think between 100-50 year would be reasonable. There had always been some sense of independence from the other Dori and the main Termidorians; so even when Dorishorians were a greater part of the Termidorian "Empire", they still were largely left to their own designs by the nature of Termidorian Rule. Though, feel free to overturn that; I didn't really go into too many specifics with each nation's back story for a reason. Hopefully you can all flesh them out a bit more.

To: The Termi Dor

We would be happy to accept such an alliance. The knaves of Dorishor shall shutter at the might of our combined arms, should they challenge us.

How long is the next turn? In years.

The Misthali would like to formerly invite the states of: Konrell, Remda, Muka, Tog, Tamayame, and Karika

... To the formation of a Serpentin Equity Trade Coalition (SETC).

Objectives of the SETC:
-To Formulate a group of states that will seek fair and equal trade between member states in the Serpentin region.
-Establish a medium of safe trade and equal domestic and national markets.
-Establish a common currency to promote economic growth.
-To protect avenues of trade and introduce safe venture for merchants and travelers.

...and other objectives may be decided upon at a later time

The Headquarters of the SETC, if successful, will be situated on the island of Misthali as it serves as one of the safest places in the region and because of its central position in the Serpentin.
To: The Misthali

The Clans of the Tamayame have considered your offer of subjugation and fine you lacking as an overlord of the Serpentin. We find ourselves quite capable of maintaining our trading throughout the world without your help. Nonetheless, your traders are welcome in our ports.

To: the Sismondis

Your designs against the Termidorians are sinister to say the least. We recommend withdrawing your barbarian tendrils from honest Termidorian states and staying in your backwater, lest you bring the wrath of all the Dori upon you.

You have been warned.

From the Sismondis
To the Termidorians

You talk like the other sea-peoples are your subordinates. This is your own weak perception of reality, not ours; keep your aggression far from our coasts. YOU have been warned.

OOC: Immaculate's Queen's name sounds like the evil god of Galyma

Sasithorn - Satithorn :rolleyes:

The World According to Termi Dor

Nothing special, just made a little map so people know what I'm talking about when I write histories.

Hey TLK, do we have to pay upkeep for units we have per turn or just a one-time upfront fee?

Nope, just a one-time fee.

On the Creation of the World, the Oer, and the Oermap

In the beginning, there was no world; only a chaos of elements and energies. From these elements and energies, spirits arose, some more powerful than others. Hierarchy upon hierarchy formed as these spirits became deities and demons, bound to principle, location, and custom. Into these rigid hierarchies amid the still churning chaos came, from beyond, creatures of will unbound by element or energy. First was Kar; god of war whose lust for all things destruction boiled the water, parched the earth, and burned the air. After came Mor, god of peace, whose love of organization is boundless, wrestled with Kar, and by doing so created the continual processes of war and then peace. After Kar and Mor, and without regard for either, Regisham and Ofilienz arrived. Good friends, they sought to manage the solid and the fluid elements and energies of the world respectively, commanding the spirits, deities, and demons who arose from the chaos into a new universal order. Their brother, Nevusa, arrived next. Jealous of their claim of all solid and fluid things, Nevusa led a rebellion against his brothers. Claiming the most capricious fluids for himself, Nevusa continually quarrels and reconciles with his brothers, and causes quarrel between them as well. And so Regisham became god of the earth, Ofilienz the god of the sea, and Nevusa the god of the sky. Last, the pair of Graki and Ladi arrived. Latecomers, and friendly rivals, they decided that imbuing and shaping the raw elements and energies with will would be a worthy project. Gaining permission from Regisham, Ofilienz, and Nevusa they shaped the zarzeas, the first human-like entities. Kar, noticing this delicate and complicated project, quickly struck most of them in twain, giving some strength and lust, while others lust and strength, and both chaos. These modified zarzea, now zurzia, quickly scattered, destroying and being destroyed. Mor, noticing this, restored some equilibrium in most of both types; countering the lust and chaos with equal measures of love and order. These zurzia, now zurzar and ziazea, man and woman, would be adopted by Graki and Ladi respectively, and populate the world. Working with the other gods, Graki and Ladi continually create more and more things of lesser will.

Ages passed.

Oerzar led his people across the world, driven by want. He found a good land, with fertile earth, sea, and sky and peaceful energies. The only thing despoiling such a thing were the races of monsters populating the land. Vicious combinations of spirits and will bent on despoiling the land and extinguishing his people. Oerzar prayed to the gods in turn, offering the strength and intelligence of his people in their services to give him the ability to destroy these monsters, and give them a blessed home. Giving him the knowledge he needed of craft and skill, and providing the elements necessary, the gods bent the wills of the pure spirits and animals to Oerzar's peoples' will. Destroying the impure monsters, Oerzar's people attained his home. As Oerzar lay dying years later, the gods spoke, telling him and his people to remember and honor these practices. Maintenance of the strength and will of Oerzar and his people, as well as additions of new strength and will, required maintenance of good relations withe gods and their goddess forms, as well as the local deities, spirits, and demons. But maintaining strength and will required the preservation of their essences. After death, the people gathered and ate of Oerzar, preserving his strength and will, and indeed, of all the Oer, as they now called themselves. Preserving the traditions and customs of the people, and the crafts, skills, and practices therein became paramount. While the shamans, priests, and ascetics contain their knowledge in their writings and oratories, the Oermap serves as the means of passing on many of these traditions and customs, both in writing and in speech.

Some of the regional areas known by the Misthali's names.

Top Bottom