1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Beta Builds

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Poloman9a

Poloman9a Chieftain

Hi Afforess,

Longtime user, first time poster. I have been a huge fan of your mod and have played it pretty frequently since I discovered it. I am really partial to the modern era, and the one thing I miss about the original RoM is the number of units available in the late game. I tend to always turn off the future era, as my favorite time to play is the present. My question is, since you've said previously that you removed those units for a reason, is there any way to add them back in without fouling everything up? I regret that I am rather computer illiterate. Appreciate any direction you could give me and I greatly appreciate the work you have put in on this mod. Labors of love are always the most frustrating, but also the most rewarding.

Cheers.

2. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Please read this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=452095

3. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

4. stingo

stingo Chieftain

I noticed there is profiling enabled in cvgame.cpp. Probably want to disable that. I mean it is a new change from c2c apparently. Well I just noticed there are actually more places with suspicious Profile function calls. I dont want you to understand me wrong, but I would be really careful merging c2c stuff. I know these guys are messing around a lot nowdays because they hit a brick wall with memory issues. I like your very conservative approach maintaining this project. I would merge only milestone versions from c2c. I hope I am not too intrusive. Thanks for working on this.

5. TomSawyer

TomSawyer Chieftain

Afforess

Again great mod. I noticed that in the late modern era the mod is looking for sounds that you made? Is the batch install supposed to add these?

Also not bragging but even with a water cooled 5ghz sandybridge with 12gb of RAM once you get about 20 civs running amok talk about serious load times :crazyeye:

Who cares, again kudos and having a blast

6. Aline

Aline Cat

The National wonders work now, also the AI builds realy nice nuclear arsenals.
    However it refuses to build anything resembeling an airplane at all, in fact i have seen zero planes in my test games.
    Also i think cooperations might be a bit buggy, see below

Spoiler :

7. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Looks to me that there's a problem with resources more than with corporations: how's possible that you have more than 1000 corn resources, 279 copper and more than 800 bananas? :rolleyes:

8. Aline

Aline Cat

I dident even see that.
    Where the hell do they come from? :S

9. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I really don't know, I'd say it's a bug especially since when you hover the mouse on the resource, it tells you correctly how many resources you have and how many you are importing/exporting; but the number shown in the city display which is plainly the number used to calculate culture, science, hammers, gold, is totally wrong.
    By the way Aline, you say that National Wonders now work; they don't work for me actually; I can build Great Wonders and Projects but National Wonders are still off-limits, unless you have unlimited wonders, I suppose. Can you confirm that national wonders work for you?

10. Aline

Aline Cat

Yes i can but i am using unlimited wonders i have not tested it without it.
    Acctualy i was refering to the AI building them, i dident check out that bug much since i allways play with unlimited wonders, if i hadend turned it of by accident i wouldent have noticed in the first place. ^^

11. TomSawyer

TomSawyer Chieftain

My current game has unlimited wonders also.

I found when I tried playing with the standard limit of wonders per city it was reporting 0 wonders per city allowed. Being prevented from building stonehenge and then the oracle quickly had me restarting.

12. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

This is because the wonders limit has now moved to the culture level definitions, so that the limit can change with the cultural development level of the city. This was a C2C feature which AND picked up in the DLL back port, but the beta 2 release didn't have the necessary values set up in the culture level defining XML. It's a fairly trivial issue, so I'm sure it'll be sorted out next update.

13. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

:goodjob:
    Playing C2C I could have thought that myself... thanks Koshling!

14. pasja

pasja Chieftain

Hi Afforess,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've got serious problems with the beta2 AND. I downloaded and installed as usual. Started a game, and i've got no hud, the civipedia does not work(click it and nothing happens), the technology tree is empty.
    Redownloaded and reisntleed the mod, still no succes. The normal game, and other mods works perfectly. I own a civ 4 complete edition, patched to 3.19

Here are some screenshots:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7180/civ4screenshot0000f.jpg
    http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6407/civ4screenshot0001do.jpg
    http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2114/civ4screenshot0002s.jpg

Is there any way that i could help you to discover the problem?

Thanks!

pasja

15. Aline

Aline Cat

Did you install it over some old version?
    Also you could try to use winrar on the installer and place the files manualy.

16. pasja

pasja Chieftain

I deleted my documnets and settings\username\my games\beyond the sword\ folder and start the vanilla civ4 bts to get a clean copy

I tried a manual install with winrar, than i get a "gfc error: could not initialize primary controller theme" :(

I keep my civ4 installation in partition d:\ while my documents and settings is on partition c:\ Does it matter?

17. Aline

Aline Cat

Uhh....no idea :s

*edit*
    No wait acctualy i do, do you use any other language than english?

18. pasja

pasja Chieftain

I use stock english. Although i'm not a native english speaker, i like better to play in english because of the low quality of the translations

19. antoca

antoca Chieftain

My bugs:
    1. "+1 free slave" doesn't work for Slavery civic.
    2. Battle influence on culture doesn't work. I have unchecked "No Barbarian Influence" in BUG menu and lost several units within my culture borders, but still 100% of culture on every tile.

When you lose access to the resource (for example, improvement or road destroyed), you still have this resource (and this is the bug). When you restore your improvement, this resource is added to the first "virtual" (lol) resource, so you now have 2 resources. And so on... :)
    It happens with pigs and probably other resources, but didn't happen with rice in my short game.

20. Aline

Aline Cat

Interesting bug, got to let them plunder everything. ^^