A New Dawn Beta Builds

Afforess, how much effect does the AI flavor value (default 0) have when editing buildinginfos.xml? Is 10 enought to encourage AI to build refineries etc.?

Or should it be higher?

Thanks! :goodjob:

@TomSawyer :

It seems somehow you've changed the default name for the mod.

I have the name as "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 2.0 Beta 2"

the save asks for "A new Dawn"

I can't load it up.

One suggestion, I've found works for me, change the tech to be researched. If you on Future tech only, try clicking on the research bar and research no tech for one turn, then it'll prompt you for a tech.

Apart from that ??

Afforess:

An excellent update to an excellent mod. I do notice an increase in gamespeed, although I am only 120 turns in. If it is of interest, I'm using ubuntu 11.10 and not a Windows system. Had to download at work on a Windows machine, extract it and burn a CD with the files to copy to my computer. That whole process went well. One problem I've noticed with wonder videos - I got a full blue screen/no music for Petra and the Sphinx. The videos for Stonehenge and the Oracle were okay. I noticed building a city on a marsh was now possible (build city button was not darkened) - is this a change or temporary as a means of debugging something else?

Thanks for he dedication, and this mod is still working well for those of us in the ubuntu community.

Afforess:

An excellent update to an excellent mod. I do notice an increase in gamespeed, although I am only 120 turns in. If it is of interest, I'm using ubuntu 11.10 and not a Windows system. Had to download at work on a Windows machine, extract it and burn a CD with the files to copy to my computer. That whole process went well. One problem I've noticed with wonder videos - I got a full blue screen/no music for Petra and the Sphinx. The videos for Stonehenge and the Oracle were okay. I noticed building a city on a marsh was now possible (build city button was not darkened) - is this a change or temporary as a means of debugging something else?

Thanks for he dedication, and this mod is still working well for those of us in the ubuntu community.

It doesn't install the Movies folder from within the Art subfolder... I just copied it over from an older ROM install.

Same thing happens with Sounds... not all folders required are actually installed - especially the Soundtrack folder... did same thing as with Movies.

I also get the resource bug... when I built Mining Inc I also got + 1200 or so hammers.... not sure if temp or permanent.

EDIT: Regarding resource bug: Went into Units.xml file and removed capability of all Great people to build any corporations (since I got permanent +2300 hammers with Mining Inc). When I went back into the game, I let it do the updating thing and the resource bug was no longer there.... Maybe that helps in figuring out what causes it...?

I restored Units.xml file to original version and resource bug is still fixed... Now I can use corporations again.

So people can use this as temporary fix to resource bug I guess. So do following:

Grab the units.xml I have attached. Place in Assets/xml/units folder.
Rename your current units.xml file in Assets/XML/Units folder to something else. Rename my file by removing the 'x' at the end of the name.
Load your save.
You must say Yes to pop-up that shows up once game is loaded.
Play a turn. Save and exit.
Delete Units file you got from me. Rename your old units.xml file back to original.

Hopefully thats clear enough... :)

Attachments

• CIV4UnitInfosx.rar
    38.5 KB · Views: 44
I restored Units.xml file to original version and resource bug is still fixed... Now I can use corporations again.

So people can use this as temporary fix to resource bug I guess. So do following:

Rename your current units.xml file in Assets/XML/Units folder to something else. Rename my file by removing the 'x' at the end of the name.
Load your save.
Delete Units file you got from me. Rename your old units.xml file back to original.

It's not related to the changes you've made to the xml file. The bug is "solved" by saving/loading the game with Maximum Compatibility, whatever changes you make to whatever xml file, I suppose. ;) It happened the same when I've tried changing the gamespeed.xml.

Load your save.

Try Ctrl-Shift-T instead of that procedure.

Try Ctrl-Shift-T instead of that procedure.

Every time I do that, I can make better and better ships... 72xp for brand new ship....

The amount of xp for new ships rises every time I press Ctrl-Shift-T... another bug?

Also, the amount of gold I make per turn changes every time I press those buttons....

Maatissi said:
Afforess, how much effect does the AI flavor value (default 0) have when editing buildinginfos.xml? Is 10 enought to encourage AI to build refineries etc.?

Or should it be higher?

Very little. Probably none at all.

Sorry about the lack of releases, today is the last of my exams. Updates this weekend.

Bugs in RAND 2, Beta 2.0

1. Woodsman 2 promotion, won't give 2 movement points on Wooded Marsh lands. Not being applied properly to jungle hills, without Guerilla 2 promotion, on and off the hills. Happened both with Mongolian and Holy Roman Scouts, woodsman 2 Warrior of Ottomans also, Not being applied to Jungle (feature?? woodsman promotion??). Seems random, or function of terrain left and terrain entered that underlines the wooded tile. Woodsman 2 has worked on forested grassland hill, from a wooded grassland, and from 1 wooded hill to the next, Going from a Forested Tundra to a Forested hill, didn't give 2nd move. Leaving from a grassland hill, and entering a forested grassland tile, 2nd movement wasn't enabled. Leaving a forested grassland tile and entering a forested grassland hill, I had 2nd movement allowed. Would seem to be a function of the terrain that your leaving. Takes into account the Base terrain only, ignoring the overlayed terrain of the tree's. Woodsman 3 seems to disable the 2nd movement bonus for forest/Jungle tiles. I've had it work, going onto a jungle hill, and not work going through jungle grassland tiles. There seems to be some sort of Terrain underlying the grassland, you can see it on the graphic, tundra (1/2 movement) or Marsh (1/3 movement points)I think, that stops the 2nd movement point being enabled.
  2. Keep on having random hangs, I've suffered the same effect with Revolutions 2.90. It will just hang at random. It may be circumvented by changing events prior to hang. Changing tech researched seems to circumvent the hang. Actual event causin this was the no wonders assigned under the normal 4/city limit. Changing this to unlimited wonders eliminates this hang.
  3. Sometimes, a unit can't be deselected, even once its been actioned. Fortify, sentry, next turn, or space bar, all action the unit, but won't deselect it. Even if other units are awaiting orders. Selecting another unit will just casuse that one to hold attention and not be deselected. Once I reloaded the game, all the tech splash screens came out at once, a couple of random events, and the capture of a city screen also appeared.
  4. You don't automatically get the new road promotion in your city. I've had to build a road through the city square.
  5. Explorers don't ignore terrain movement costs, one movement only on ice, marsh.
  6. Wonders bug has already been noted. As I just changed the Civ4.ini file form a 0 (4 wonders per city) to a 1 (unlimited wonders) I assume that is why I can't build wonders, as already pre-coded into game elsewhere. No biggie, its a trial game for bugs. That did eliminate the hangs I was experiencing as I've noted previously.

oh,afforess!so cool~~I come form China, The mod has been translated into Chinese by me.a large amount of text is not the biggest problem.However the disorder icon and Python makes me very upset.I hope you included the MOD DLL source code, because I need to deal with these procedures to adapt them to my OS.Maybe this passage contains a lot of syntax errors ~ ~ I'm sorry~~

I'm doing a test playthrough to isolate any more issues. Interested players can grab a bunch of fixes from the SVN.

Or should it be higher?

Actually it works, I tested myself. But little, as Afforess said.

If you want to encourage AI to build the building, try to add more flavors (as many as possible). FLAVOR_GROWTH, FLAVOR_GOLD, FLAVOR_PRODUCTION, FLAVOR_SCIENCE, etc...
And set up 100 or 200 (maybe even more) for every of them.
Flavors work for leadersheads, so when you set up more flavors, more AI leaders will be affected.

I know, this is very bad solving of the problem, but it works. :)

(And of course, I mean the problem, when AI never builds the building.)

1) I have noticed a few minor things, not sure if it is working right on not, but when i had a great prophet. i had code of laws as a tech i could research in my list along with duelism, and the great P wanted to research duelism, so i slected the other light bulb icon to choose, a tech... code of laws but only put the great P to sleep. i was my understanding that the second light bulb, puts the person to sleep until the tech they wanted can be researched?

2) a texting error with the random event about baking/or cake and page 38.

3) while in the tech screen if you hover the mouse over the great people on the left, one of the techs is a pink square.

4) mao zedong is not with the leaderheads that begin with M(in custom Game) in he is with the Cs
those are what i have noticed. that havent already been said

btw best mod ever, i cant imagine playing BTS without a mod now.

Noted in 1.75C, don't know if it has been solved in following versions; once you build Modern Granary you can't build Bakery anymore because it requires Granary (which is replaced by Modern Granary). Maybe Bakery should require Granary OR Modern Granary?

1) I have noticed a few minor things, not sure if it is working right on not, but when i had a great prophet. i had code of laws as a tech i could research in my list along with duelism, and the great P wanted to research duelism, so i slected the other light bulb icon to choose, a tech... code of laws but only put the great P to sleep. i was my understanding that the second light bulb, puts the person to sleep until the tech they wanted can be researched?

2) a texting error with the random event about baking/or cake and page 38.

3) while in the tech screen if you hover the mouse over the great people on the left, one of the techs is a pink square.

4) mao zedong is not with the leaderheads that begin with M(in custom Game) in he is with the Cs
those are what i have noticed. that havent already been said

btw best mod ever, i cant imagine playing BTS without a mod now.

1.) Correct.

2-4 - Will look into.

Top Bottom