A New Dawn Beta Builds

Hmmm, is there a known bug in 1.76b5 where cities refuse to grow? I have a city at size 2 that just stays on "Growth" every turn. It is going to turn unhappy, and it is a bit of a revolt risk (It's the ex-capital of a rival that foolishly left a single warrior to guard their capitol to start it's second city, while I had 2 archers in the neighbourhood).

The 'problem' seemed to have come from the revolution rating. As soon as I switched civics to lower local rebel. it started to grow. A case where it truely is a feature instead of a bug!

Hi.

I have a few questions regarding A New Dawn.

1. Since I have installed the game on a new computer (bought it just because A New Dawn requirements ;-)), each new game receives lots of messages on the openening about failing to create INI file - see civ4anewdawn bugs 02 picture below.
Is there something wrong with my computer?

2. This may be linked with those failures - Whenever I start a new game (or sometimes when open a save file), after I had changed options in the BUG Screen - say I have enabled opportunity fire and bribe missions in RevDCM tab, multiple religion spread in A New Dawn tab, and I switched off some of the alerts (most of them about pending stuff) - and after I saved the game with those changes and turned the game off, I have to make these changes in BUG Screen again. And again, this only happens on my new computer - no matter the version of A New Dawn.

I now have Win7, 64-bit operating system, with 6GB RAM... do you need anymore details?
My previous laptop is an old one with windows xp and as I can still open Beyond the Sword on it (it takes ages these days) I can compare and see there is something wrong with my new computer. Could you advise any changes I may need to make, please.

To be clear - BUG options are kept when I leave a game to main menu and transferred to other new games, but if I leave to desktop, everything is lost, unlike on my old laptop.

3. While installing A New Dawn there are some options at the beginning - such as formations, blue marble terrain (or whatever, I don't remember it now exactly) and others. I understand that there is no way to play game saves without formations option installed in A New Dawn with formations installed, and the other way around. Am I right, or is it my new computer again? I have tried that and had to start a scenario from the beginning.
Strange thing, though, is that scenarios made in one version, work in the other one. That gives a bit of hope - I can always save the game made with formations option on as a scenario, unistall A New Dawn, install it again without that option and try to play the scenario.

4. And there is an issue with scenarios, or at least some of them - I made a map without much jungles, which I had in one certain region. After I've loaded the scenario and customized it a bit (I got rid of some victory options) and played some turns, I have encouter jungles where they weren't supposed to be... and I'm not sure of that but with each turn, or every few turns, new jungles seemed to appear in a new place on the map.
I've noticed that with A New Dawn 1.76 beta 5. It didn't happen before. I think.
Is there any explanation to that? Do you want to check the scenario file?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Attachments

• civ4anewdawn bugs 02.jpg
    civ4anewdawn bugs 02.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 113
Oh... thanks.

Lots of work... It seems now at least two problems are gone - there are no more messages about that INI file failure.
And I got back to 1.75 version - no more reforestation and jungles spreading all over any map.

Still - the game doesn't remember my settings in the BUG Screen.

Maintenance for number of cities seems a bit odd to me. As soon as I move to despotism or monarchy it goes to a negative figure and thus the total maintenance becomes fairly trivial. Am I missing something?

This is a screenshot for a random city:

And this is the empire:

This is on Monarchy civic and Deity difficulty.

i acctualy remember getting more gold per turn whenever i founded a new city with despotisem early on.

Oh... thanks.

<snip>
And I got back to 1.75 version - no more reforestation and jungles spreading all over any map.

Still - the game doesn't remember my settings in the BUG Screen.

1. If a tile is not being worked by a citizen in version 1.76beta5 Jungle or forest may grow over it. Place a citizen to work the tile and within a turn or 2 it should return to "normal". It's a feature of the latest version. need to learn to adapt to new mods vs standard BtS. ;)

2. Save the game twice. This will "set" the BUG settings. (Yes overwrite the 1st save).

JosEPh :)

Question about fixed borders: most civics that used to enable them do not do that anymore, in fact only despotisem, monarchy, facist and intolerant do, whats up with that?

Here is a save that seems to be guaranteed to crash on next turn:

I'm guessing you're using an add-on leader/civ pack ? ANyway, the save had lots of civs in use that were not in my assets, so it took me a little bit of fiddling to get it to load. Once it did however, the turn ran fine with the latest SVN DLL.

Couple of questions:

1) Are you using some extra civs/leaders? If so have the exact same set been in place since this game was started (in your assets I mean)?

2) If the leaders/civs in the XML have been stable for the entire game duration then are you using the latest SVN DLL or just the latest release beta DLL? If the former it's likely that whatever bug you are hitting is one of those fixed since the last beta (otherwise I would expect to get it also)

I have made a small fix to cope with the civ/leader changes (which wsn't working right for civs that had been wiped out, with the resuklt that the replay generation crashed). However, if you're leader/civ assets have been stable throughout your game that cannot be your problem, and anyway it crashes on load not end turn.

I'm guessing you're using an add-on leader/civ pack ? ANyway, the save had lots of civs in use that were not in my assets, so it took me a little bit of fiddling to get it to load. Once it did however, the turn ran fine with the latest SVN DLL.

Couple of questions:

1) Are you using some extra civs/leaders? If so have the exact same set been in place since this game was started (in your assets I mean)?

2) If the leaders/civs in the XML have been stable for the entire game duration then are you using the latest SVN DLL or just the latest release beta DLL? If the former it's likely that whatever bug you are hitting is one of those fixed since the last beta (otherwise I would expect to get it also)

I have made a small fix to cope with the civ/leader changes (which wsn't working right for civs that had been wiped out, with the resuklt that the replay generation crashed). However, if you're leader/civ assets have been stable throughout your game that cannot be your problem, and anyway it crashes on load not end turn.

- Yes. I am using the mega civ pack... Few Civs removed.

Though:

1) No changes to any civ or leader since the start of the game.

2) I have no idea of the dll files, though this kind of crashes happen once in a while in every game I play.

And, most importantly, the recent progress:

As I started a new game, and then while in that game loaded the ought to be always crashing save, it worked fine, the revolution happened properly and I was able to continue the game... afterwards, I also loaded a different save which always crashed when I granted independence to a colony island... And it also worked perfectly... :confused:

Some kind of spirit world things? :D At least I haven't found any logic in this issue...

Summary: This kind of revolution-related crashes are frequent and common, but there seems to be always a chance to go around them... with these random maneuvers, such as loading the crashing game turn after starting a new game... :crazyeye: So, go figure what the crux of the problem is...

Summary: This kind of revolution-related crashes are frequent and common, but there seems to be always a chance to go around them... with these random maneuvers, such as loading the crashing game turn after starting a new game... :crazyeye: So, go figure what the crux of the problem is...

That hasn't changed over several incarnations of AND. Happened to me in my current game. The only workaround is to load an earlier autosave and start from there.

Speaking of which, dis is bull . How do we fix this?

By loading a new game you cleared the "cache". When you have one of these problems with a game hold down the Shift key while the Mod loads. This also clears the cache. It's a Core CIV IV design problem.

By loading a new game you cleared the "cache". When you have one of these problems with a game hold down the Shift key while the Mod loads. This also clears the cache. It's a Core CIV IV design problem.

This has never worked for me

Question....

Following the instructions for the SVN Builder etc etc...
I have the latest version on my system, exported etc.
In InstallJammer i located the 'A new dawn install script' however its only 92k
I carried on and built the install in about 3 seconds, i take it this is wrong?

SM

Question....

Following the instructions for the SVN Builder etc etc...
I have the latest version on my system, exported etc.
In InstallJammer i located the 'A new dawn install script' however its only 92k
I carried on and built the install in about 3 seconds, i take it this is wrong?

SM

My script is anewdawn>trunk>A New Dawn Install Script
It's dated 5/31; 92K
It takes me 10-15 to compile (on a high-end machine).
I would right click on the folder, tortoiseSVN>show log. Make sure its up to 552. You may also try using the TortoiseSVN>clean up. That's helped me before.

Top Bottom