A New Dawn Beta Builds

How can I edit buildings in AND?

Any changes I make to the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml file in the Assets-XML-Buildings folder path don't seem to take effect... :confused:

Are the buildings defined in a different file or what? (Editing techs, units etc. works fine, only the buildinginfos xml seems to make no difference.)

Thanks Joseph, it turned out that it was the cache that just needed to be cleared.

Just a few observations, I randomed up Native America My first time and FYI Dog Soldiers are OMGROFL overpowered. Not only did they get back up to 5 strength from 4 but they are still resourceless, still get +100% vs melee AND get an extra movement point. One of those things need to probably go cause especially since copper seems more rare (or maybe that was just my start) and javelins are very very common at that time.

Secondly I like how you have really simplified the civics so that they are not just a bunch of happiness boosters and small modifiers. Just a few things about them: you should probably get rid of most of the +x% maintenance for cities on most of the non-government civics. I think that for those if you want to impose costs you should just increase the cost of the civic since that just seems to make more sense. For example, why is banditry a no cost civic that increases maintenance? just make it a low cost civic that doesn't do anything.

one other thing senate needs a boost. It only gives a very minor commerce bonus and 1 happy and health at a point in the game that it doesn't really matter very much. I just don't see why you would ever want that instead of patrician or bureaucracy. especially since the extra trade route per city already gives you more commerce than the +10% modifier. that and the -5% hammers makes me even more adverse to it.

regardless I'm having a lot of fun so far and I have just entered the middle ages and look forward to conquering the world :D

I see the constructor ship can not sanitize water. In the units.xml i see it can, but i see that the sanitize button is missing from interface. I try to push automate button but the constructor ship isn't sanitize water. Probably is a bug. What can i do? The plague spreads rapidly and conquer the entire ocean. All coastal city are starving. Help me please!

Bringing this back up for Afforess to look over. If he wants to put Sulphur and ammo factory back in or not. A reminder of some of the changes that occurred while he was away.

I saw two options:
#1 Add sulphur and ammo (mostly sulphur because Zappara did a good complete job with ammo) to more units.
Pro: More consistent
Con: Big one. There is no AND list, just OR list for bonuses so it made adding sulphur or ammo an awkward affair to a few units.

#2 Remove sulphur and ammo
Con: No sulphur and ammo to play with, and thus making this modpack a bit like default BtS.
Pro: Big one. Easier to cut out these resources because of above-mentioned problem with list tag. More consistent all about. Plus, it put less stress on AIs after Medieval era because technologies and buildings are coming down on them and you fast and furious. The AIs don't need that type of horsecrap to hinder it. Obsidian, copper, and iron are great for Ancient, Classical, and Medieval eras because these eras are coming to you slowly and AIs are given time to adapt and battle for these vital resources. Not so true for sulphur, and even less true when forcing AIs to build Ammo manufacturing building (because as Afforess and others repeatedly say, AIS cannot think long-term, period.)

I took Option #2.
Afforess can easily change that decision if he disagree. Just need to revert to 524 for CorporationInfo, BuildingInfo, ImprovementInfo, UnitInfo, and BonusInfo files, that's it.

JosEPh

Have played rev 557 up to 2120BC so far tonight. A little tight on Gold at beginning. Getting better as I get more techs researched.

Need to perhaps change the prereqs for Poly and Mono so as to split those 2 up so whoever gets there 1st doesn't ends up with 2 of the Main religions followed by Buddhism. We did it in C2C because if you don't a player or a Spiritual AI Leader may found most of the religions. I already have Poly and Mono so I have 2 religions already and could probably get Buddhism if I wasn't tryin' to block the Khmer from expanding into my territory.

JosEPh :)

Have played rev 557 up to 2120BC so far tonight. A little tight on Gold at beginning. Getting better as I get more techs researched.

Need to perhaps change the prereqs for Poly and Mono so as to split those 2 up so whoever gets there 1st doesn't ends up with 2 of the Main religions followed by Buddhism. We did it in C2C because if you don't a player or a Spiritual AI Leader may found most of the religions. I already have Poly and Mono so I have 2 religions already and could probably get Buddhism if I wasn't tryin' to block the Khmer from expanding into my territory.

Hm, I will have to think about it. I feel like that link is a fundamental chain...

The installer doesn't seem to work for me. The installation starts, it says installing.. with the progress bar, but the progress bar doesn't move.
Does it need a previous version or something??

The installer doesn't seem to work for me. The installation starts, it says installing.. with the progress bar, but the progress bar doesn't move.

Same happens to me, Win7 64 bit, Admin rights of course, Civ4BTS installed in a custom folder.

Edit: and it doesn't find automatically the right folder, I have to select it manaully.
Edit2: the process hangs up and if you simply stop it with "cancel" it still remains in your task manager and you have to kill it manually.

Oh, and by the way, welcome back Afforess, we were all waiting for you to come back!!

45°38'N-13°47'E;11204957 said:
Same happens to me, Win7 64 bit, Admin rights of course, Civ4BTS installed in a custom folder.

Edit: and it doesn't find automatically the right folder, I have to select it manaully.
It only searches probable paths, if you are using a custom location, it's going to fail.

Does it need a previous version or something??

Really? I should have mentioned, it requires this:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851

But it's been out for a while, most people have it. Download and check though.

It only searches probable paths, if you are using a custom location, it's going to fail.

Really? I should have mentioned, it requires this:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851

But it's been out for a while, most people have it. Download and check though.

It doesn't work even if I select manually the right folder and of course I already have .NET Framework. :)

Edit: Anyway I've been able to open your exe installer with WinRar and I'll start testing Rand2 right away; the installer problem isn't a big problem for me right now

Hm, I will have to think about it. I feel like that link is a fundamental chain...

HOW ABOUT THIS????

Multiple religions given by a technology. Each player gets one religion upon founding said technology. Or with the inquisitions mod, a player could only get one religion the whole game. Hmmmm???

Mountaineering artwork added.

Attachments

• explorer1.rar
    2.2 KB · Views: 45
After about 100 turns the game crashes; the game simply quits, no error messages, no nothing; savegame attached. By the way, isn't there anymore the "Maximum Compatibility Save" option?

Attachments

• CRASH RAND2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    752.6 KB · Views: 55
45°38'N-13°47'E;11205025 said:
After about 100 turns the game crashes; the game simply quits, no error messages, no nothing; savegame attached. By the way, isn't there anymore the "Maximum Compatibility Save" option?

Check in the Main BtS directory ( where the exe resides)and see if there is a file called MiniDump.dmp . If there is, zip or rar it and upload.

AIAndy for C2C uses this method for fixing CTDs. So if it is there then you Had a CTD and it will take you right to desktop "the game simply quits, no error messages, no nothing;".

For those having Installer problems have you tried using the SVN route instead. You will need to d/l and install TortoiseSVN for your OS.

JosEPh

Check in the Main BtS directory ( where the exe resides)and see if there is a file called MiniDump.dmp . If there is, zip or rar it and upload.

Here it is!

Attachments

• MiniDump.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 63

It was a simple change but made a world of difference on who hogs all the religions and who gets left out. It actually helped balance that aspect of the game.

Edit: @ Afforess,
Since the merge when a player has a CTD it will take them straight to Desktop because of the minidump function AIAndy incorporated into the .dll. Maybe between us we can get him ( or Koshling) to look at the minidumps to tell where the CTD occurred? So the bugs can be squished. It's really helped in C2C.

Thx for the update, my observations so far.

- AI builds and uses Airforces, but it could be more.
- AI loves MAD but never builds nukes, i did spend a good 1000 turns in autoplay/transhuman era and i could not find a single nuke
- AI can use nukes if cheated in via worldbuilder
- Installer does not work for me either
- Game crashes from time to time View attachment minidump-aline.zip

Top Bottom