A series of questions

Unirid

Chieftain
Hello everyone, I just want to ask some questions about this wonderful and insane world we call Erebus that I couldn't find (or enough to satisfied me) on the forums.

Anyway,

What is Keelyn and Perpentach's relationship like?
What is Os-Gabella, Alexis and Flauroses relationship like?
Falamar and Hannah aren't precisely leaders correct? (As in being a official head of state) But just two very important people amongst the Lanun.
How old is Hannah?
The Lanun have no official leader right?
How long ago was the age of ice? (Charadron is still about so I would imagine not long.)

Any information will be appreciated, and sorry in advance if I failed to notice any threads about following subjects.

Hello everyone, I just want to ask some questions about this wonderful and insane world we call Erebus that I couldn't find (or enough to satisfied me) on the forums.

Anyway,

Falamar and Hannah aren't precisely leaders correct? (As in being a official head of state) But just two very important people amongst the Lanun.
How old is Hannah?
How long ago was the age of ice? (Charadron is still about so I would imagine not long.)

Any information will be appreciated, and sorry in advance if I failed to notice any threads about following subjects.

When the game begins, the AoI is just ending.

Hannah looks to be about 23.

Falamar and Hannah are the two pirates that have the largest following.

Perpentach doesn't really acknowledge Keelyn. Whenever Perpentach leaves for some reason, Keelyn will take over with her Balors.

Alexis and Flauros are sisters and Os-Gabella is estranged from them. They left, which caused her to spiral further into depression.

Edit: I think.

Anyway,

They don't really have one. Perpentach seems to have forgotten that he has a daughter, and probably would not recognize her if he saw her. His advisers cannot tell whether he wants her to be pampered and given anything she wants or executed, and they fear suggesting whichever one he wouldn't want, so they just don't mention her. They had demons raise her so they wouldn't get too close or have a chance to personally treat her too well or too poorly. Keelyn used her demonic friends to take over when her father was out of town, so he may not know about it.

Alexis and her younger brother Flauros are the only ones Os-Gabella ever loved, but that love is over. She did not part with her adopted children on good terms, and they are not welcome home. When she became a vampire Alexis entered the service of Aeron, essentially becoming the daughter of the god who tried to rape Gabella and giving him the strong, cunning, immortal children he wanted to use her flesh to get. I suspect Os-Gabella hates the God of Hate more than anyone, even Nemed, and considers this the ultimate betrayal. I tend to think that she did not become suicidal until her children's betrayal sent her into a depression, and that were it not for Alexis she would probably not be trying to destroy the world.

Alexis and Flauros rule together and generally get along ok, but they have always had a strong sibling rivalry and tend to get on each others nerves. They still have a strong familial connection, so while they speak ill of each other often they are also very defensive of each other around others.

Alexis has a much more dominant "masculine" personality. She is very direct and very aggressive. She toys with dark magic and occasionally might make deals with demons.

Flauros is much more subtle and "feminine," yet is also highly misogynistic. He constantly mocks and disparages the weaker sex. (I suspect his sister may beat him up for this from time to time.) He is more deliberate and generally smarter. He controls his emotions better and is more concerned with maintaining his own safety and security of his position rather than hurting is enemies or expanding his power too quickly. He is wise enough to know that demonic pacts are not a good idea. He is physically weaker and a bit of a coward, but is a master of politics and intrigue so he is probably the more dangerous sibling. He is very cultured and refined, and a skilled diplomat. He can often convince his enemies to bribe him and not to fight back even when his assassins are essentially waging war on them, whereas Alexis would probably accidentally declare war on allies when she is left to handle negotiations.

How old is Hannah?

The Lanun don't really have a central government. Each ship captain is considered a sovereign aboard his own ship. It is implied that Falamar comes from a long line of pirate kings, but I suspect this royal line was never really more than the first among equals. He is loved and highly respected by his people, but that comes in part because he doesn't really punish captains who ignore his commands/suggestions. He is more familiar with the superstitions of the Cult of the Overlords more than any other faith, but is not religious and gives them no special preference. His personality stays loyal to the true meaning of the sphere of water, before Danalin went to sleep.

Hannah is a new phenomenon, essentially the Messiah of the Overlords' faith. She may be an Overlord or other supernatural sea monster incarnated in a human form rather than a real girl. She wages crusades to spread the faith in the overlords across the sea and even far inland. She is a brutal tyrant, and the seas themselves seem to follow her mood changes. No one likes her, but many fear her. Her flagship, the Desecrated Vessel, is the most feared thing afloat in the ocean, and the fleet that followers her is the largest ever assembled in the history of Erebus. She has committed crimes that would lead to mutiny against anyone else, but her crew and the captains sworn to her service are too scared to do anything. Falamar is one of the few Lanun captains with the nerve not to bow to her.

Hannah led her first mutiny when she was 15 years old, but was probably in her early twenties when she became the de facto ruler of the Lanun nation.
The Age of Rebirth (and thus the game) begins as soon as the Age of Ice is over, but I suspect most of the main events happen late in the first century of that age. The Age of Ice itself lasted about 400 to 500 years, although the calculation may be hard given that there were no seasonal changes on which to base the length of a year.

Charadon lived early in the Age of Ice, and died long before Mulcarn was slain. I believe Mahala was born in the Age of Rebirth. Against her wishes and probably with the intention of undermining her authority, the Shamen of her tribe prayed to Camulos to retrieve his soul and then resurrected Charadon. They then ruled together for a time dispite absolutely hating each other. Charadon would not overthrow Mahala outright because of one man; he recognized Lucien as the greatest Doviello warrior (and that is probably ignoring his unusually high intelligence), as a man completely loyal to the tribe's matriarch, and who would avenge any wrongs done to her.

MC is correct in everything he says.

I'd add that if we were to pull out all the leaders and timeline them out across the the Age of Rebirth Hannah would be the last leader on that list by a significant margin. She doesn't even really belong in the scenarios, but I used her there because I wanted a minor Lanun civ and I didn't want to use Falamar (who was already heavily featured) or put in a minor Lanun leader.

MC is correct in everything he says.

I'd add that if we were to pull out all the leaders and timeline them out across the the Age of Rebirth Hannah would be the last leader on that list by a significant margin. She doesn't even really belong in the scenarios, but I used her there because I wanted a minor Lanun civ and I didn't want to use Falamar (who was already heavily featured) or put in a minor Lanun leader.

What's the actual storyline? Who goes where and what happens when? I must know.

Thank you Cypher, MG and Kael. Interesting to hear Charadon is a dead dude given new life.

Top Bottom