• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

A story of Earth

Invade England! There too smart! Or colonize Aussies.

Ok, I'll invade England, as soon as I'm done with Sallie (and possible bribed war allies. :hmm: who would that be?)
Colonizing Aussies is already on the list :p.

Althought Northern Australia seems to be settled by Toku already...
Perhaps I should have to declare war on Toku... or wait, I don't have to...

You will all find out in the next update!
;)

In this turnset, I'll fight off Sallie (and possible allies?), liberate South-America and try to go for 5000 gold in 1600 AD.

So to start with that liberation... I wonder who I'll get. Hopefully not some insane leader like Montezuma, as the best use of South-America is a cottage farm.
Spoiler :

Welcome, Suleiman of the... Indians?
He is Philosophical and Imperialistic. Could have been better, could have been worse.
His cities start with Janissaries, his UU. Not that he'll see a lot of fighting this game ( I hope ).
And does anyone know sign language? I want to know what his hands are saying.
Spoiler :

I use a GM in the Japanese capital (it was moved to South-Eastern China, for some reason) to make the 5000 gold goal easier.
Spoiler :

Children at Malinese schools learn that the Malinese empire is the greatest empire in the world. This should make them more eager to join the army, where they will get placed in divisions like the Malinese Infantry 6, the King's Great Bombards or the Cavalry I Army.
This doesn't take away the 3 unhappiness my cities suffer after drafting, though.
Spoiler :

Power graph. Doesn't look well... Sallie is more powerful than me. And he is protective, making cities harder to conquer.
Spoiler :

Japan controls Indonesia and, more importantly, parts of Australia. It means the colonization of Australia will not be peaceful next round.
Spoiler :

Monteh and Roosy ( or is it Lincoln? ) share North America. Did I already tell you the Americans broke free?
So that probably means Montezuma will conquer them later on.
Spoiler :

An army of Musket Draftees is defending Suez. Couldn't Hattie have build a fort on that hill... Like any sensible human player would have done.
Spoiler :

Damascus has few defenders, but they are trained. And the evil/vile (did you notice those two are anagrams?) Saladin still keeps slaves, so that'll probably augment the amount of soldiers in said city.
Spoiler :

Versailles is built in Rome. Would have been more fitting in Paris, but oh well.
Spoiler :

My army of muskets marched into Arabia (thanks for leaving those forests unchopped, Saladin!), but had to retreat due to suicide cannons and less-suicide camel archers. They got some promotions from those skirmishes, though.

A great Merchant is born in Paris. He and a hippy decide to start a shop, selling golden statues of holy pigs. It is very successful, and this way the third golden age starts.
(And yes, the shop was located in the Mausoleum of Mausollos, mysteriously prolonging the golden age by 50%)
Spoiler :

Ah, finally. I actually expected to get dogpiled by the whole Hindu bloc the turn after I declared war on Sally.
Spoiler :

Alex joins in and makes some Kung Fu move which would have been more fitting if Toku did it.
Spoiler :

I make the switch to Universal Suffrace and Emancipation. Super towns, here I come!
Spoiler :

Sparta is having trouble fighting off Greek musketmen/knights and Japanese knights/war pigs. Glad I already got cuirasses, but I'll need something better if I want to go on the offensive myself.

... something better, unless Alex decides to protect his capital with phalanxes
Spoiler :

Alex sends a stack through Russia to attack Berlin. Unexpected.
Spoiler :

But what can knights do against knights with guns?
I took some heavy losses, though - say bye to my new grenadiers :(
Spoiler :

Alex realises he can't win this war, so he decides to... capitulate? Implode? Breakdance?

Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
No, he vassalizes to Cathy :eek:

So I stop this round with a dramatic cliffhanger... Will the brave Euro-Africans hold their ground against the enormous Russian wave of horses? Will they be able to take Mecca and other Arabian cities, which was their original goal of this world war? Will Alexander see the next round, or will he get what he deserves? (A pony farm full of pink ponies) Will Mongolia ( a vassal state of Russia ) decide to 'contribute' to the historical aspect of the game, that is, raze all of Europe?

And did anyone see the reference to Intelligence Agencies? If so, you get a coo...
I mean, crown! :king:

Great update!!

sick ponies :rockon:.....

so, no cookies then :( :sad:

Which is a fate Alexander would be careful not to resign himself to if he knew what was best for him ;).

the post has already been copied 1...2...3 times now, I'm assuming its tradition....:cool:

Did you never look at TD's avatar? :lol:

No :eek:
But isn't that a cat?
Edit: Ok, it is a pony.
Not a pink one, though ;)
And I don't know that cartoon series, I was referring to another group of pink ponies which my sister is obsessed about, in fact :p

Chapter 5: continued.

The further report of the world war raging on over Europe and the Middle East.

We capture Berlin with our superior rifle-equiped forces from the Russo-Greco-Prussian alliance.
Spoiler :

Important Hindu priests from London order Mali, Egypt and Turkey to stop their wars. Mansa pretends he hasn't heard them.
Spoiler :

Enrico Dandalo, a rich nobleman who owns a large part of the Malinese weapon industry, expands his business into Rome.

Spoiler :

After the destruction of an American harbour (was it Crab Harbour? Earl Harbour? Carl Harbour? Can't remember the name) Roosy makes peace with emperor Tokugawa.

Spoiler :

Hamburg, which used to be an important center of learning, but was wrecked by the many wars, is taken by Malinese forces.
Spoiler :

A massive broadcasting tower able to manipulate the brains of ordinary citizens, instantly learning them a specialized job (such as spy, merchant or engineer) is built in Paris.
Trente-cinq pourcent des citoyens de Londres parlent le français maintenant. Il y a des rumours d'une revolution française contre la reine d'Angleterre, Leezee.

Can someone research medicine? As Alexander definitely needs a hospital. He does not only have absurd facial expressions, but he also broke free of the mighty Cathy.
Maybe she has an affair with Qin Shi Huang?
We made a peace treaty, by the way.

After hostilities between Greece and Mali restarted, a Greek frigate sinks an (empty) galleon, after which it is promptly sunk by the nearby SoTL.
Spoiler :

The wise Mansa Musa decides to make peace with Russia, having recaptured Berlin and expanded his territory with Hamburg.

Spoiler :

Mecca captured! That shrine looks epic, and it comes with an intact bank, market and mint! Gold will be rolling in soon.

Spoiler :

A French Great Engineer with a French name is born in France. I put him to sleep with a magical sleeping potion. I haven't decided yet whether he will found a corp or rush a wonder.

Spoiler :

We discover in the ruins of an old Spanish town... intact rails and locomotives!
The Spanish surely received technological knowledge from some weird aliens. How could they get Railroad before 500 AD?
(Maybe this means Buddha is an alien too? :eek:)
Spoiler :

Welcome back, Athens.
It seems Greek power has been broken, surely Alexander will meet his fluffy, purple-ish doom very soon!
Spoiler :

As rebellions were growing worse and worse, Musa decided to allow free speech again in the empire. Malinese children are taught not Mali, but Russia and Greece are the greatest empires of the world.
( I just discovered Assembly Line, which means drafting now costs two population)
Spoiler :

Here you can see the modernized Middle Eastern Division. It will soon conquer new lands, expand the empire. To Greek Persia, my troops, to Persepolis, to the moon... and beyond!

Oh yes, seeing as noone got the cook... crown :king: :
Spoiler :
The reference is here :Children at Malinese schools learn that the Malinese empire is the greatest empire in the world. This should make them more eager to join the army, where they will get placed in divisions like the Malinese Infantry 6, the King's Great Bombards or the Cavalry I Army.
The first letters of these divisions are MI6, KGB and CIA.

well that was a hard thing to guess

also it I think you mean pearl harbor, not earl harbor or carl harbor:lol:

And again Hindu priests think because they live in some weird medieval stone building, they can meddle in the affairs of the great Malinese empire.
Spoiler :

Heavy fighting went on in the middle of Arabia. Two new fortress-towns were founded, but the western one was swiftly conquered by technologically superior Malinese soldiers.

Spoiler :

Oh dear. There he goes again.
I might accidentally have checked 'random personalities on', resulting in Alex having Louis's personality.
Not that medieval lancers can do anything against state-of-the-art infantries.
Spoiler :

Damascus is also again a possession of Mansa.
Thanks to the huge technological rift, cannons are no longer obligatory.
Spoiler :

Peace is negiotated with the heathens/zealots. And Mecca + Damascus + Muscat ( a colony on Australia. Who wanted me to colonize Australia again? ;)) makes....

CRUSADE ACCOMPLISHED!:goodjob:

Because of an overwhelming amount of completely obsolete Russian troops, I decide to do a 'tactically movement to the more inward territories of Mali'.
Yes, a retreat :rolleyes:
Spoiler :

Pasargadae is taken at the cost of one cannon. It's under heavy pressure of Arabian pressure.
Maybe I should crush Arabia with tanks later on?

Spoiler :

As you see, Greek cities fell in rapid succession. After some encouragement of a Malinese intelligence agent, the citizens of Argos rebelled against their cruel ruler and expelled their garrisons, who were promptly slaughtered by the army outside the city.
Spoiler :

And to finish this exciting round, I give you a complete picture of the world!
Mali gained much territory and is now indisputed the world leader.
But maybe the advisors of the Malinese president will make their ruler's life harder?
That's right, you can give me a condition to make the game harder!

Oh, and some graphs.

Spoiler :

well that was a hard thing to guess

also it I think you mean pearl harbor, not earl harbor or carl harbor:lol:

No no, Pearl Harbour is not yet to be attacked for another two hundred years :p
Maybe it was Parrot Harbour?
Hmm, might have been hard to guess indeed. I thought the names were obvious and forced, making people wonder why I put them in the story.

conquer 1 city in China, India, North America and Indonesia
...only one...

No :eek:
But isn't that a cat?
Edit: Ok, it is a pony.
Not a pink one, though ;)
And I don't know that cartoon series, I was referring to another group of pink ponies which my sister is obsessed about, in fact :p

What other pink ponies exist in any other form than in My Little Pony?
(Which is what the images & avatar are from, and yes, that is the most recent one)
I mean other than this:

I thought I was pretty close :confused:

What other pink ponies exist in any other form than in My Little Pony?
(Which is what the images & avatar are from, and yes, that is the most recent one)
I mean other than this:

I thought I was pretty close :confused:

Oh, so your avatar and the pictures ARE from My Little Pony :lol:

Attack Egypt.
Hatty peace-vassalized to me.

So next round, I'll -
Attack England.
Attack Tokugawa.

I'll need some kind of navy for those two...

Top Bottom