• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

A story of Earth

A monkey from Southern Africa (check who wrote it. No comments.)
I can't quite make out the text.

It seems that Imageshack rofl-pwned your images into small sizes. Maybe you just need to get different links for each of the pictures from that website?

Good choice for the Health Event. I had that Event pop-up for our Stories & Tales Multiplayer game but I ended up picking some random option because I was typing at the time.

How many Golden Ages do you plan to launch with the Mausoleum?

i dont see how the Widow-maker Obituary-filling death plant could harm anyone

I can't quite make out the text.

It seems that Imageshack rofl-pwned your images into small sizes. Maybe you just need to get different links for each of the pictures from that website?

Good choice for the Health Event. I had that Event pop-up for our Stories & Tales Multiplayer game but I ended up picking some random option because I was typing at the time.

How many Golden Ages do you plan to launch with the Mausoleum?

GIBBON wrote it.
And I plan to have 3 GAs.

I'll colonize Southern America. Yes, that's not what Mali did historically, but Mali's historical empire was 3 cities at most. No way we could win like that ;)
Africa is already filled with Hatties/Sallies/my cities.
By the way: we took over Portugal and Spain, who colonized South America. So... :lol:

:hmm:Here comes a more or less boring round :S Well, boring if you are used to war about 2/3 of the game, like I am.

University of Sankore! Yay! Now I should get some Buddhist buildings up.
Rome is a good production city. Glad they never got to Praetorians :mischief:

:eek2: Who saw that coming? I suppose my power from the Roman-Spanish-French war helped, but this is... game-winning :) I'll use her as my tech-dog, letting her research techs I don't research and trade the techs I researched for the techs she researched. Still following?

We build Chichen Itza (Or Chicken Pizza) in Paris, mainly because of it's culture. Defensive bonuses are crap, the best defence is the offence :p

Michelangelo, a great artist, was born in Paris. Despite the fact Musa didn't like him (he is one of those arrogant people who made up a list of the world and put Mali last), he was allowed to live. But to prevent him writing more arrogant things, Musa gave him a sleeping potion which miraculously made him immortal too.

:eek: I'm glad I'm not Freddie. He is the top leader in power atm, but that will change soon.
It isn't an Apostolic Palace resolution - it hasn't been built yet.

Sistine Chapel in Paris. Hurray for mass culture!
Paris is doing a good job in fighting off German and English culture. For some reason English culture can't reach Paris, while Parisian culture can reach London. That's.. lucky :)

Lizzy, a Hindu :mad: completes the AP. China will win the resolution.
You can also see my colonial projects in South-Western Africa. Should make decent cottage cities later on :) but at the moment they are costing me loads in maintenance. And I haven't even settled S-America yet...

Monty must have failed to build a wonder or incidentally made a wrong calculation resulting in a sub-optimal whipping overflow. Why else would he facepalm?

And here is Roosy. Just as Monty, he is a Kungfucianist (Montezuma founded it). He has been at war with Monty (surprise, surprise!) and isn't doing really well (surprise, surprise!).

Alexander proves that he is more than a nothing in this game. He takes a city! Congratulations, Alex! Is this your first time?
Wait, isn't Berlin in Paris' culture radius?
:)
:D
:lol:

Hide the tanks!

Lots of fighting is going on, hence the two GG's. Freddie is losing, though. It also seems Cathy has Delhi. Perhaps she decided to chariot rush? (not that AI's have the brains to do so) More likely is that India got the barb event and their cap got taken.
Sallie and Qin have parts of India too.

A Great Merchant, Giovanni di Medici, with Roman roots (there was a mass-emigration of Romans to Spain and France when great Carthage invaded Italy), is born in Paris. He earned a lot of gold, didn't know what to do with it and finally made weapons of it. This way, golden weapons were invented. After the Stone Age, the Bronze Age and the Iron Age Mali entered the Golden Age. The Mausoleum of Mausollos was used as a huge furnace to melt the gold, and this way the Golden Age was prolonged.

The industrious inhabitants of London, despite still being in the Renaissance age, invented the first skyscraper.

Berliners decide Alexander stinks (probably because half of them were killed by his army) and join Mali! It's getting a lot of German pressure though. By the way, why didn't they just join Germany again? :hmm:

We meet Inca. They are backwards and small like always (the RNG deity was right!). They are Confucianists, like Montehzumah and Roosey.

Paris completes the Notre Dame. Aside from the happiness, it gives another cultural boost to Paris :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Alexander. Conquered. Persia!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
He probably wants to contribute to the historical aspect of this thread.
It also explains how he managed to keep up in tech enough to take Berlin.
There are 13 civs I know now, and as 18 civs - France - India - Rome - Spain - Persia is 13, we've met everyone.

Greedy Aztecs took American city for resources. Not that they wouldn't have attacked anyway.
I'm settling S-America, as you can see.
I might kill HC to remove his pesky culture which comes from over the mountains.

The world at 1355 AD.
We have got 3 gems and the highest GNP, so so far for our historical conditions .

And we close off this round with a bang! The Taj Mahal, an enormous gold mine, is built in Paris. There is the second Golden age!

As things are getting a little bit boring, I call for a :band::deadhorse::splat::trouble::banana: CRUSADE!!!
We converted to Free Religion, so we are atheists.
As the rest of the world is still religious, it's an atheist-vs-believer crusade!!

You can vote who you want me to attack.
I'll get ten turns to prepare, then I declare war on that person.
Goals? Lose no cities (if I lose them, I have to take them back)
Take two enemy cities and their cap.Make peace with everyone after goal 1 and 2.

Great story!

Over the last two updates, I'm seeing a lot of 403 (forbidden) errors, though... in fact, every picture. :/

Great story!

Over the last two updates, I'm seeing a lot of 403 (forbidden) errors, though... in fact, every picture. :/

I deleted my pictures at imageshack to save bandwidth space.
It seems the result is... this.
I'll replace them :p

What's your vote, by the way?

Egypt, then Arabia.

Egypt, then Arabia.

It wasn't clear because the pictures were gone, but Egypt peace time vassaled to me
;)
So I'll take that as a vote for Arabia.

Yep, Arabia sounds good.

Also:
By the way, why didn't they just join Germany again?
After conquest, unless you select 'City Flipping After Conquest' cities can't flip directly back.

Yep, Arabia sounds good.

Also:

After conquest, unless you select 'City Flipping After Conquest' cities can't flip directly back.

I know, I know, I was joking. But it's just weird. Germans under Greek control revolting to become Malinese :eek:

Free religion doesn't make you atheist. ;)

Free religion doesn't make you atheist. ;)

Oh...

Well, then it's a crusade to liberate the poor foreign people from the state religion! They should get a choice too!

What country do you vote for, by the way?

Because I promised to play historically I'll grant independence to all my South-American assets.
I'll also attack Saladin on turn 315 (I already played till turn 305).
Any further ideas to make my game harder?

give indepedence to all your european citys.

Delete all of your troops.

colonize/liberate Australia

give indepedence to all your european citys.

Impossible - I'll give independence to the Southern American colonies instead.
(The only option for European cities is the liberation of Berlin)

Delete all of your troops.

Yep, excellent idea.:rolleyes:
You probably know I'm going to declare war on Sallie, who is probably going to bribe some of his Hindu buddies in the war, in 10 turns?
Great idea to start that war with no military :lol:
colonize/liberate Australia
Ok. That's something I can see the reason behind :p
I'll do it.

Top Bottom