Actual bug fixes in Leader Pass

Infixo

Deity
This post is about the bug fixes in the engine. I call them "actual" fixes because the community cannot do them, just the devs. Firaxis claimed in the first (?) LP stream that they want to make a legacy version of the game thus hyping everyone that they would finally fix... something?
I did not hoped for much (why is a separate discussion) and still was let down heavily. Maybe, I repeat maybe, they fixed something in the engine but since no patch notes were issued, then well... maybe...
But fear not. Yesterday I found out that one of the AI-related bugs is actually fixed :) AI now properly scores "favored technologies". This immensely helps with setting a proper order of tech research.
Hooray :woohoo:

Anyone else noticed any other engine-related fixes? Any suspicions or maybe a proof? ;)

You know what would have really helped? Patch notes. Sigh.
Probably they came to the conclusion that some of us are much more entertained when finding out things by themselves, and the great majority just don't care anyway, so why not to spare the tedious effort. But the promise of some possible hidden changes is good enough to redouble my observational efforts :)

Are we fairly confident this is the last patch Civ6 will get? BTW huge thanks to you modders who have kept this game alive for so long. I'm running about 15 mods myself right now.

Yesterday I found out that one of the AI-related bugs is actually fixed :) AI now properly scores "favored technologies". This immensely helps with setting a proper order of tech research.
Does that mean what I'm thinking :D? Can we finally make a dynamic Tech Tree, with different Paths for each Player (as in, lock certain Techs) :yumyum:?

I'm curious, have you tested, with the current update, if setting a Tech to not favorite result in the AI not researching that Tech at any time/cost if there are other Techs to research (like not even a Tech with lower science cost than the alternative)?

Also, IIRC for Techs it didn't work for both, favor nor disfavor, and for Civics it was the disfavor that didn't work, is the latter also fixed?

I have submitted a 2K Ticket to address those Bugs +1 Year ago, and I'm curious how many others have done so too. Perhaps if enough People submit Tickets to fix such (modding) Bugs (or at least the ones that should be easier to fix), Firaxis might listen and fix more of them, and we can have a little more moddable Game (The best thing that you could wish for Civ6 at this Point IMHO).

@Zegangani AI chooses what tech to research based on scoring. It takes into consideration various things, we don't know exactly how it works, because it is in the engine. You can set a tech as "favored" in AiFavoredLists. Previously it didn't change anything (and e.g. for civics it increased the scoring). Now it increases the scoring in the same way as for civics. So, if AI is a religious one, you can give some hints by setting specific techs as favored, and there is a higher chance that those techs will be researched faster than others.

random assortment of minor things where i don't have time to check on all of em, that maybe got fixed -
do vietnamese diplomatic quarters on rainforest still get more trees spawning inside the district when theres only the tier 1 building?
do vietnam and cree still have broken city sprawl? (as in, does it show their unique architecture surrounding city-center-adjacent districts or does it show the default brown-roofed european style that france and germany have?)
do campuses adjacent to city centers still not have city sprawl around them?
does the pamukkale civlopedia entry still show it overlapped on itself at three different rotations?

will update if i remember more and also if i end up finding out any of these answers

One game after the latest patch done, and inspired by this thread I was kinda hoping for something hardly imaginable, but no... The great people from the Babylon DLC pack are still up to twice as great as the other ones, and the deforestation formula is still busted. Happy retroactive increase of everyone's carbon footprint over one single turn by 50% and subsequent instant sinking of the world.

On a more positive note, Scotland, my only real contender for a SV, actually researched Nanotechnology first, before going for Smart Materials. This looks encouraging, but it is just one outcome in a sample of one. Many more will be required to see a new pattern, if there is one.

One small fix I have seen - the box where gossip appears has been moved down a bit so it is no longer obscured by the banners showing current stats for each civ.

Top Bottom