Acularius' GEM for Caveman2Cosmos

My map has that change already included.

The map is still lacking:
Pistachio (probably fits best between Carthage and India + one resource somewhere in SW northern america)
Donkey
Resin (add in forest area where other resources are lacking, siberia might be an idea)

Hello,

The GEM maps need change the start year. Actually starts at 12000 BC but this is wrong because at turn 500 in eternity gamespeed we are in 6000 AD. If start around 40000 BC i think will work well.

Depends what the pace of the latter eras are, but, I haven't played lately and I SHOULD be able to take a look after work this morning when I come back in the afternoon.

I can't remember the specifics but I think the time was rebalanced lately so 12000BC roughly worked, but may have been put obselete, I don't know. *shrug*

That and different variable will affect tech research, such as the propensity of the AI to go to war (agressive AI). I believe.

Either way, time to write a PM and get my butt off to work.

I agree with pushing the date back for a prehistoric start. It would be nice to start with ~ 14,000 bc, since that was the date of the last mini-ice age. I think we might consider that.

I will probably want to help with a modern, near future scenario at some point. for those who want to start talking about ideas.

An historic one. If "modern" is a must, then WW1 or WW2. If sooner, better. An idea. :)

I like the idea of WWII scenario. It is prob the most popular next to Rome.

a Near Future ( most plausible speculative) would be interesting to me (techs, world war scenarios, units of the next 10-30 years) - Later Digital Age for C2C as it stands now.

Updates
- Aborigine culture linked to Fine Clay and Australian linked to Gold.

Map should probably be updated accordingly, especially to allow Yagan to build his own culture wonder (i.e. fine clay near aborigine spawn)

Also @philipschall: I like your new placement of civs in the middle eastern area (playing as egypt) the new starts for egypt, byzant, israel and arabia are really nice (haven't explored much beyond the "purple mesopotamian wall" yet) even though the tiles north of thebes (nile delta) will probably never be worked by a city unless you don't care about overlapping city working radiuses.

Also my first try without "start as minor" because I felt it was made useless by the new tribal defenders (they're great!). It's actually quite fun. When you have actual contact with other civs early you can get some nice headstart reputation with them by helping them in wars even though you can't do any real trade or diplomacy yet. Though it limits my exploration by the previously mentioned mesopotamian wall of culture borders, but that's fine. Jerusalem already fell for blocking me off the arabian peninsula and either babylon or assyria will follow for keeping me out of mainland europe/asia.

Thanks samin. I try to make the placement historically accurate. I know I need to update resource placement (though I'm kinda confused about the Resin resource... Wikipedia says it refers to Frankincense and Myrrh, but those would be covered under incense IMO. Kinda confusing.)

I'm bringing out an update today, with many of your recent changes philipchall, as for resin, I'm treating it as both the resin for seals on wooden ships (saw a reference to it on the 'shipwright' I believe) and as incense, but generally I'm sprinkling them throughout the heavily wooded areas of the world and keeping them close to the Prime Timber resource.

Been working on updating the map for the last hour and a half, and for some reason I had a version before my thermal vents (noticed after the fact), and re added them in.

Time for a big update in the Pre Columbian map!
Probably the last time I'll post this scenario as just a creation of myself as I'm looking to working together with rightfuture, GreatLordofPie and if philischall is up for it for a team... most likely dealing with all da maps.

AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CHAMPION FOR THE GLORIOUS STANDARD SIZE MAP!

Now, onto what you really want.

Changlog 06-24-2012

Spoiler :
RESOURCES:

-Cocoa : Replaced coffee in the Americas, sprinkled a bit more throughout the Americas.

-Coconut: philipschall initially, and then I sprinkled a bit more, the heaviest concentration world wide is in Northern India.

-Date Palm: philipschall's fixes

-Deep Sea Vents: Due to an older version of map I was working on, re added them in.

-Donkey: Highest Concentration in Africa, sprinkled throughout the Old World.

-Natural Gas: philipschall's fixes

-Peyote and Prickly Pear: philipschall's fixes

-Pistachio: Sprinkled throughout the Middle East

-Pomegranate: philipschall's fixes

-Resin: Sprinkled throughout the world.

CULTURE RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS: (I'll make sure to mark them if philischall did them, granted I did a lot of changes. XD)

-Ainu: Changes Seals to furs (philipschall's fixes)

-Aztec: Sprinled Obsidian throughout the Americas, generally near currently active volcanoes.

-Benin: Wheat added

-Byzantine: Iron added around Constantinople.

-Greek: Changed Bauxite ore to marble ((philipschall's fixes), moved Bauxite ore north a bit (myself)

-Hausa: Did some digging around and there is mention of the dye process and I think native growth of indigo, Pre Columbian, so I tacked some Dye resources in the Hausa area.

-Indonesian: Some pearls originally near S.E Borneo, but I tacked some more around the Indonesian area.

-Kongo: Prime Timber added to the African Jungle regions, and I sprinkled a bit more around the heavily wooded areas of the world.

-Minoan: Placed some cows on Crete, probably won't solve the problem of being able to build the Minoan culture in Athens.

-Mutapa: Found some sources that referenced gold mining near the ancient city of Grand Zimbabwe, and I tacked some gold in the ZImbabwe area as requested.

-Romans: Olives in North Italy

-Somali: Added Hemp (philipschall's fixes)

-Swahili: Sprinkled some fish along the coast of East Africa.

-Tupi: Let there be squash in Brazil.

-Zapotec: Gold in Mexico. (philipschall's fixes)

CIVILIZATIONS:

ADDED:
- Chola (philipschall's fixes)

- Swahili (philipschall's fixes)

- Xiongnu

- Yue and Yangshao, described below.

MOVED/REPLACED/CHANGED:

-Replaced the Turks with the Uzbeks

-Replaced China with Yangshao

-Moved China to Guangzhou area, renamed Yue tribe, and lead by Taizu ((philipschall's fixes for the name)

-Moved Egypt further up the Nile (philipschall's fixes)

-Moved Sumeria (philipschall's fixes)

-Moved Persia (philipschall's fixes)

-Pheonicians replaced with Israel and moved south (philipschall's fixes)

-Byzantine original start position (philipschall's fixes)

REMOVED:

Philipines: Met the chopping block to fit in something else, I shall miss it. We're at 50 civs total now after removing it.

Enjoy all!

P.S WE ARE AT 50 CIVS NOW! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

To the FIRST POST!

I'll update the SVN (if nobody else beats me to it). I'm thinking I should REMOVE the other variants that are not updated as they will just cause confusion right?

I'll update the SVN (if nobody else beats me to it). I'm thinking I should REMOVE the other variants that are not updated as they will just cause confusion right?
Don't update yet, I have to fix the Ainu, when going around the text files I seem to removed their 'ENDPLAYER" bit.
EDIT: FIXED AND REUPLOADED THE FILE

What other variants?
The other versions? I just have them up just in case people want to use them for a specific version.

Don't update yet, I have to fix the Ainu, when going around the text files I seem to removed their 'ENDPLAYER" bit.
EDIT: FIXED AND REUPLOADED THE FILE

What other variants?
The other versions? I just have them up just in case people want to use them for a specific version.

Just tell me which one(s) are current and should be in the SVN and I'll make sure it/they are. Thanks.

Once you have unrared the file you then take the 3 maps and place them in the Public Maps folder, correct? I just can't leave the Acularius folder in there and expect it to work right?

JosEPh

Once you have unrared the file you then take the 3 maps and place them in the Public Maps folder, correct? I just can't leave the Acularius folder in there and expect it to work right?

JosEPh

So all 3 maps in the RAR are now fully up to date?

JosEPh
I just tack on numbers on the end so it doesn't get picked on by the SVN update, a simple 06242012 should suffice. (Month/Day/Year)
I just don't know if it will bypass the folder and read the maps, never tried that.

So all 3 maps in the RAR are now fully up to date?

THey should be now, aside from the Apache leader named 'Acularius' which I feel like keeping for now. :p

I also should have fixed the Pre Columbian start in terms of its starting year, apparently it missed out the fix.

Any chance we can get a Europe cut-out of your awesome map Acularius? ;)

I would love to try out the updated map but I don't have SVN version so it's not going to work for me.

Also, I am willing to continue to work on the Standard map! I just got frustrated with civs being in contact with other civs for no reason! Lastly, any idea when Nomad start might be a full functioning feature?

Top Bottom