1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Acularius' GEM for Caveman2Cosmos

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Acularius, Mar 28, 2012.

1. wolfman1234

wolfman1234 King

Not sure if its a scenario issue or a mod one.

2. Acularius

Acularius King

Same, not sure, but definitely provide them with whatever they need in order to fix the problem/ or figure out what the exact problem is. XD

I'm going to say the fault lies with the scenario until proven otherwise. *shrug*

3. rwglaub

rwglaub Prince

I'm playing with GEM random placement. I always wind up just south of Lake Superior.

4. chueche

chueche Chieftain

It is by me still the same problem with first turn CTD in GEM map. You have any idee when it is will be fixed?

5. Acularius

Acularius King

That's not bad, I usually get placed in Alaska. XD

Not a clue, can you provide me with more information I asked some questions a while back.
    Version of C2C you are using. (SVN xxxx or Version xx)
    To check SVN version, just check 'properties' of the folder, should be a tab that is SVN only and the information for the version is there.
    C2C version, what version downloaded.
    The date the map was published. I keep this up to date every time.
    What civilization you are choosing. Yue and Cholas are known problem and cause an immediate CTD after the map begins to 'initialize'.

6. chueche

chueche Chieftain

I use the SVN version 3013. The date from Gem map is from 1.7.2012.
    I try With diffrent civilization, Roman, Russian, Yue, Assyrian and Atztec. By all civs is come CTD after i push first turn anyway by Yue, it is fall when it is load Map.

7. Samin

Samin Warlord

Remember that the game creates an autosave on the first turn. You should be able to use this to continue playing (worked for me with Egypt, Greek and Germany so far). Obviously this is only a workaround until the issue is fixed, but at least you can play GEM :)

8. Acularius

Acularius King

Hmm, go to the bug forum and post the minidump with your problem. I was hoping it would be a problem I could recognize if I read it but I think we may need someone to look at it.

9. chueche

chueche Chieftain

This works real:goodjob: thx Samin

I really love this Map and also i love to play Yue. But now i can play other civ until fix come.

Thx again Samin:)

10. Acularius

Acularius King

Wierd, why can an autosave work around it?

11. Samin

Samin Warlord

Could be a memory leak, there is a lot going on in that first turn.

12. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

what are the dimensions of this map again? Apparently viewports likes it when it has the same proportions like 3:2 or 5:3 whatever it is.

13. Samin

Samin Warlord

210x90

14. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

42x18 be good? 70x30

15. Samin

Samin Warlord

I use 105x45. Runs smooth enough for me already. (and gives a nice cutout of europe + northern african coast, which is exactly where I'm currently settling)

16. narvego

narvego Chieftain

Hello,

How to start in ancient era (not prehistorical) on Giant Earth Map - Pre-Columbian Civs Pre 1500?

17. chueche

chueche Chieftain

Acularius, there are now new ressources (Kangaroo and Murex) from SVN, did you plan this to update into GEM?
    Have you found the reason why Yue and Chola make problems?

18. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I use 75 X 35 with GEM

19. Acularius

Acularius King

I'm thinking of just keeping the Yue and the Chola there as placeholders until an appropriate civ pops up, for now though I'll probably turn them off as choice, (make them a non playable civ).

Kangaroo is easy enough, but the Murex (Tyrian Purple) will probably take a little longer as the mollusk has a couple different species that produce similar dyes around the world.
    Going to look into it more though.

Pseudo hiatus though for a day or 2 with job hunting and camping trip planning with some friends, and a Visual Novel (eroge - School Day HQ, I want to see the bad endings... some are crazy) came in.
    On that note, July 25th to the 28th I won't be around so I'll make sure to have a Let's Play and an updated version of the map for Sunday and Saturday respectively. [Edit: 21st and 22nd of July]

[Figuring out Camtasia, not so hard but a couple things are different.]
    -Also have a CKII multiplaer campaign going on, but it shouldn't take so much time.-

P.S
    Never really played Visual Novels until I was 1st year Uni. aside from Tsukihime... but friend showed me some (Fate/Stay Night) and I've enjoyed them on the side ever since.

Edit:
    P.S.S
    Edited the first post to account some of the changes I have in store.

20. Menzoberranzan

Menzoberranzan Chieftain

Is the 6/30/2012 version going to be added to the SVN?