1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Acularius' GEM for Caveman2Cosmos

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Acularius, Mar 28, 2012.

1. RidetheSpiral23

RidetheSpiral23 C2C Map Team

I think he either did already or is very close to doing so. BTW, love the username!

2. Menzoberranzan

Menzoberranzan Chieftain

I can say without a doubt that the 6/30/2012 version is not in the last couple dozen SVN versions. :)

I've manually added it to my SVN play folder and I have stopped getting the first turn crash to desktop around SVN 3158 or so.

And thanks for the unser name comment. I've used this name on various forums for nearly 20 years (on and off).

3. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

For Anyone who is interested in attending a C2C map event,
    This will be to discuss making maps and scenarios for C2C and organizing the ongoing effort.

Please check out:
    The Total Map Conversion Project thread
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=461957&page=2

If you would like to attend please post your best time and availability in that thread.
    We will then post a time and a date there. :)

4. chueche

chueche Chieftain

A new Problem by try to start Pre-columbiane Map. There was only in my startplace forest, all other place like Russia and Canada was empty.

5. Acularius

Acularius King

[Well, I'm back-ish for a 1:20 in the morning.]

I don't know how all the trees are gone. However they are and I don't have any explanation for it.

6. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I do. It's a (now fixed hopefully) bug in the DLL - nothing to do with the maps - it was just a display issue with WB.

7. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I've been playing on the GEM map for a little while now, and I'm deciding I really like it because of how little inhospitable terrain it has (compared to PerfectWorld and PerfectMongoose). A suggestion - the map needs a small sprinkling of Barren squares, because Barren terrain is necessary to build the Nazca Lines Wonder. I'm not sure where you would put them, but it looks like the GEM as designed has exactly one Barren square. Just something to consider. I may WB in a Barren square myself just to get the Lines.

8. Prophet Iacobus

Prophet Iacobus Chieftain

The Nazca lines are the ones in the andes that resemble an airport, correct? I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens.;):p

9. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

10. Acularius

Acularius King

I swear I sprinkled some in the Andes region... :(

11. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Well, according to the version on the SVN, the only Barren square is the x181, y20 tile with Copper. You may want to consider adding some in different places of the globe so that several civilizations have a chance to build the Lines, otherwise there is no competition to build it. Valley of the Kings works that way now -- there is no pressure to build it until Architecture tech which obsoletes the Sphinx. (The last time I built it was to switch to Standing Army without Anarchy after researching Chivalry. So it was the Valley of the Kings -- but the King was Arthur.)

12. Acularius

Acularius King

13. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

14. Acularius

Acularius King

I think I came across it when I was looking up the history of mining. Go figure that is what I needed to search. XD

15. GiuseppeIII

GiuseppeIII The Third Giuseppe

With some good ideas for resources.hint hint wink wink

16. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton How much Parmesan to put on your umbrella?

First praise to you for doing that. World maps are always a must :goodjob:
    Now, after I played 800+ turns on it, a recommendation: Is it possible to make Siberia less attractive? In my game, the Mongols kicked ass and dominated because they had to the north so much space to expand while all the nations to its south found themselves quit cramped. It of course also is not very "realistic" that who gets Siberia decides who is on top of the world.

17. Acularius

Acularius King

Actually, Siberia is suppose to be quite rich.

Not much I can really do about that. Granted, I see Korea and Mongolia duke it out for it a lot, but Iguess that didn't happen in your game by the sounds of it.

18. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton How much Parmesan to put on your umbrella?

"Rich" as in cool resources - alright. But couldn't one make it all tundra or something to significantly decrease food output?

19. Acularius

Acularius King

Aside from Manchuria, which is where China receives alot of her resources (among several regions, but this is the most developed at the moment), and the Ural plains surrounding the Ural Mountains, most of Siberia is tundra, or worse, permafrost and ice as you go further north.

Can you give me a specific area of Siberia you are not satisfied with?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Siberia-FederalSubjects.png

Three different usages in terms of geographic area for Sibera. XD
    That's a fairly large area. The historical use of Siberia (and pretty much the geographic usage) consists of Asiatic Russia.
    I'm not trying to downplay your suggestion, I just need something concrete to work with.
    I think the other problem is there is no Civ dominating the area where the Manchus traditionally habitate, since the area was for the longest time dominated by nomadic tribes. Therefore allowing it to be gobbled up by civs who have free access to the region such as Korea and Mongolia.

20. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

North of otto's and left of mongols is huge amounts of vacant land, that is the problem which I mentioned quite awhile ago.