Acularius' GEM for Caveman2Cosmos

when new resources are added or old resources are changed, i lost all game ans start again because i play the gem maps. its very annoying. why Hydromancerx, you dont maintain the old resources like dye and creat a new one called refined dye or only change the name of a old resource? Will maintain the compatibility in advanced games. I see you are thinking in creat the map resource "vanilla" well, when you do i will be forced to stop my current game and start another. its really anoyning. Dont have a better way to do this resources changes?

when new resources are added or old resources are changed, i lost all game ans start again because i play the gem maps. its very annoying. why Hydromancerx, you dont maintain the old resources like dye and creat a new one called refined dye or only change the name of a old resource? Will maintain the compatibility in advanced games. I see you are thinking in creat the map resource "vanilla" well, when you do i will be forced to stop my current game and start another. its really anoyning. Dont have a better way to do this resources changes?

Ask Dancing Hoskuld. He was the one who decided to have a new Dye resource rather than using the existing one and making it not spawn on maps anymore. It was annoying for me as well to re-tag every building that referenced the old dye resource and had to make sure it had the new tags.

@Lexotan_sedlex: Just add them in your game via worldbuilder.

@Acularius:

Did you know that there are some ocean-tiles next to land just north of australia? I am not sure if it's possible to reach with early ships!

Also, the placement of fossils isn't possible. For example, the Fossil that requires Coal and Fossiles was found in Greenland, but there isn't any coal. Same as the Cow-Fossile or the Poultry-Fossile...

Dye was replaced by Indigo and Henna in v27 so those are the plants that need to placed

I understand Hoskuld, but you agree the add of new resources broken the old games? It's the second time in 6 months and I restart the game after 3 months of playing. In this way I just can't advance of classical, and never detect bugs Os moderns age.

Ask Dancing Hoskuld. He was the one who decided to have a new Dye resource rather than using the existing one and making it not spawn on maps anymore. It was annoying for me as well to re-tag every building that referenced the old dye resource and had to make sure it had the new tags.
Some buildings still use the old one, take a look.

Some buildings still use the old one, have a look.

You are just one person, and whats more the lowest of the low a programmer or equivalent. Annoying you is much less of a problem than annoying all those people out there playing a game. they would have had to start a new game. They still will if they are playing a game which has the dye resource as a map resource when I remove it.

Some buildings still use the old one, have a look.

Looks like they are the Photography ones. I will need to tell him to fix it.

You are just one person, and whats more the lowest of the low a programmer or equivalent. Annoying you is much less of a problem than annoying all those people out there playing a game. they would have had to start a new game. They still will if they are playing a game which has the dye resource as a map resource when I remove it.

Don't I know it. I am hardly a programer. I am surprised I can even do what I do. Like I have said many times. I am by trade an artist and game designer, not a programer. However thanks to Afforess I am able to crudely mod.

I think the main point that he was making was that when you did the Gems you left the gems with the same tag even though its no longer a map resource. Same goes for aluminum when Bauxite Ore was put in back for RoM/AND.

I was just surprised you did not just keep the old dye and just make it a manufactured only resource. Rather than duplicating it and making a new tag one. Thus if the old one is removed I doubt any non- C2C maps will be able to be converted anymore.

The reason is the lack of the resource. This is why I think aluminum was kept with the same tags. Note that I do realize that aluminum, gems and dye should not be put on maps for C2C. But it would be up to the map makers and scenario builders to not use that resource on their maps.

I am sorry if I totally missed your point. Like I said I am a crappy programer and there could be another reason why you did it that way that I just don't understand. But either way it was a pain in the butt to track down all the dye tags.

EDIT: Also the Plantation needs to be fixed as well since it gives +1 :) with BONUS_DYE but not with BONUS_DYE2.

Looks like they are the Photography ones. I will need to tell him to fix it.

Don't I know it. I am hardly a programer. I am surprised I can even do what I do. Like I have said many times. I am by trade an artist and game designer, not a programer. However thanks to Afforess I am able to crudely mod.

I think the main point that he was making was that when you did the Gems you left the gems with the same tag even though its no longer a map resource. Same goes for aluminum when Bauxite Ore was put in back for RoM/AND.

I was just surprised you did not just keep the old dye and just make it a manufactured only resource. Rather than duplicating it and making a new tag one. Thus if the old one is removed I doubt any non- C2C maps will be able to be converted anymore.

The reason is the lack of the resource. This is why I think aluminum was kept with the same tags. Note that I do realize that aluminum, gems and dye should not be put on maps for C2C. But it would be up to the map makers and scenario builders to not use that resource on their maps.

I am sorry if I totally missed your point. Like I said I am a crappy programer and there could be another reason why you did it that way that I just don't understand. But either way it was a pain in the butt to track down all the dye tags.

EDIT: Also the Plantation needs to be fixed as well since it gives +1 :) with BONUS_DYE but not with BONUS_DYE2.

Hydro, some map improvements just auto transform to plantation even if i dont have the tex to build plantation, i found this behavior in RESIN and old_DYE.

Am I reading this correctly, that is I cannot use this map with v27 yet, as I am just about to start a new game? Could I just go in and replace the dye with Indigo and Henna resources? Would this work?

Edit: Also, for turn times, I am going to go in and delete some civs. How can I use the rev's mod (which can add additional civs) but still set the overall limit for amount of civ's in the game (around 35), and what does happen when the new limit is reached and a civ has a revolution? Does the new civ become a barbs civ.

What happened?

I took the random GEM map (v27, non-SVN), put the Civs in their locations, and fixed some of the things that bugged me about the map. I then saved it as a scenario and played as Nimi. Unlike a normal game, I did not get to go first- about 40 of the Civs went first and settled their cities while I waited. Each time one settled its city, I gained contact with it. I then went on to the next turn and gained contact with the remaining 10 Civs as they settled. Nothing even remotely similar has ever popped up in any game I've played.

Here is the save: View attachment 337009

Turn off "Start as Minors" in the game options in notepad. Only use "Start as Minors" in the custom scenario game set-up.

Turn off "Start as Minors" in the game options in notepad. Only use "Start as Minors" in the custom scenario game set-up.

Where can I find the scenarios in the C2C folder?

ANd do you plan to make even bigger earth map since we have two new mapsizes immerse and bla bla bla (dont remember it name ;P )

I guess "Failed to allocate video memory" error means i can't play this map?

To ask again: all this map needs is the new dye resources to work properly with the latest version (Barring the weird hemisphere-spawning issue)? If so I'll fix that soon.

It needs some Henna, Indigo, Murex, Geodes (Mainly in USA/South Africa), Fossiles (thats a tough one couse you need to go trough all the "digsite buildings" and check where the names fossiles were found. And than place the Fossile Ressources), Kangaroos and uhm... I think that's all.

I think you should also add some Caves features for Lascaux and Bezeklik Caves, and I still think hte map needs a sprinkling of Barren squares (not many) for Nazca Lines.

Top Bottom