Added Unit White Silhouette Problem

Espírito

Civ Addict
I've just added the Hittites to my game. I've added other civilizations successfully, but I'm having a problem with the UU (Huluganni). The chariot part (i.e. not the people standing in the back) appears as a white silhouette until I see a (normal) chariot. I can work around this by visiting the civilopedia page for the chariot or placing one and deleting it in the World Builder, after which the UU appears correctly.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I could give me a clue where the problem lies. What's confusing me is that everything's fine once the game "sees" a normal chariot, so the files must all be there, working correctly, and I'm linking to them correctly.

Bleh. Thanks in advance.

What graphical setting are you playing on? The lower graphical options will sometimes make units look very strange.

Thanks for your feedback. I was on a Low graphics setting but I've just tried on High and the problem is the same (I've attached a screenshot as I figure a picture will be more descriptive).

I may be wrong but since this is the only unit with an issue (and I've added several others), I don't think my set-up is the problem, I'm sure I've just made a small mistake but no idea where, or why it would "fix" itself once a normal Chariot appears.

In any case, my set-up is:
Windows 7
BTS 3.19
Buffy 3.19.003
Modifications to the game through Custom Assets (added new civs with units and buildings, added new graphics for several units, terrain, religion, modified some game settings, but all very basic)

The civs I've added are based on those found in CIV-Gold 4, but sometimes integrating different UU's/UB's and modified stats. As I'm using custom assets rather than modules I have to add everything manually, so it's quite possible I've made an error, but I've checked, and I've no idea where if I have!

Attachments

• White Silhouette Hittite Chariot.JPG
    White Silhouette Hittite Chariot.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 52
Espírito;13251231 said:
Thanks for your feedback. I was on a Low graphics setting but I've just tried on High and the problem is the same (I've attached a screenshot as I figure a picture will be more descriptive).

I may be wrong but since this is the only unit with an issue (and I've added several others), I don't think my set-up is the problem, I'm sure I've just made a small mistake but no idea where, or why it would "fix" itself once a normal Chariot appears.

In any case, my set-up is:
Windows 7
BTS 3.19
Buffy 3.19.003
Modifications to the game through Custom Assets (added new civs with units and buildings, added new graphics for several units, terrain, religion, modified some game settings, but all very basic)

The civs I've added are based on those found in CIV-Gold 4, but sometimes integrating different UU's/UB's and modified stats. As I'm using custom assets rather than modules I have to add everything manually, so it's quite possible I've made an error, but I've checked, and I've no idea where if I have!
Don't think you did something wrong, probably rather something in the nif file. Could you upload the unit so I can take a look at it?

Don't think you did something wrong, probably rather something in the nif file. Could you upload the unit so I can take a look at it?
Thanks for the offer. I've attached the unit as well as a text document of the ArtDefines in case that's helpful.

Attachments

• huluganni.zip
    828.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Huluganni_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 25
I took a look at everything and most of it looked fine, but I have a few ideas.

1. Make sure you press set layer to image size. This mismatch sometimes causes that problem. Then, try resaving/compressing into DXT3 format the chariot texture.
2. I notice you re using an fx mesh, but only one texture is applied to the chariot. If you click on the texture and go to block details try clicking direct render and setting it to yes.
3. I would also try a nifswap onto the original file if nothing else works and try and make everything in the file structure/settings the same as the original file.

Espírito;13252794 said:
Thanks for the offer. I've attached the unit as well as a text document of the ArtDefines in case that's helpful.
I took a look at everything and most of it looked fine, but I have a few ideas.

1. Make sure you press set layer to image size. This mismatch sometimes causes that problem. Then, try resaving/compressing into DXT3 format the chariot texture.
2. I notice you re using an fx mesh, but only one texture is applied to the chariot. If you click on the texture and go to block details try clicking direct render and setting it to yes.
3. I would also try a nifswap onto the original file if nothing else works and try and make everything in the file structure/settings the same as the original file.
I agree to stolenrays that the whole unit file is a bit of a mess. I think the problem with the texture might be cause by having a "TCiv4SkinningGloss" shader without having any gloss texture. I have attached a version with a "TCiv4Skinning" shader instead, which might fix the problem.

Attachments

• chariot_fx.zip
    91.3 KB · Views: 30
Espírito;13256111 said:
Thanks SaibotLeah, that works now. Back to wasting my life playing C-IV :blush:

Appreciate both of you taking the time to help.
No problem, you are welcome. :)

Top Bottom