Adding two Humankind features

Thirteen 1355

Chieftain
Hey, it's been a while since I've last checked/posted here. Now that I'm back into Civ4 again, and I've been trying some Humankind (and found some cool features in it), I was wondering if I could add some of its features into Civ4.

The two things I'd like to add (or get close to) are:
  1. Starting without settler/cities
  2. One turn nuke delays
What are some ways to get close/manage to implement something like this? To get across the first one, I've been dabbling in three options:
  • Every civ has to find a tribal village containing a Settler
  • Some kind of improvement (or anything) that somehow can be turned into a city by manually giving it food/production
  • Making the plain/hill and the city yields to 0, requiring you to (somehow) acquire a building that does give you these yields.
The second one I haven't looked much into yet, but seems a bit easier.

hi,

HK is nice,
personally, unlike the reviwes i saw, i like less the Neolithic era.
feels like a "gimmic" to me.

the one turn delay nuke and M.A.D, is cool.
theLopez once created a M.A.D mod, had some issues, but it was good one.

fyi -
this thread forum is for finished mod.

I have often asked if the "game over" that happens if you have no city or unit that can settle a city could be turned off. I have never found an answer.

Without a unit that can make a city it is game over and with it the AI settles a city as soon as it can.

Also new logic to handle a nomadic age is needed.

At least this last bit could probably be done in Python but I have no clue where the game ends because of no settler or city could be done.

I have often asked if the "game over" that happens if you have no city or unit that can settle a city could be turned off. I have never found an answer.
IIRC in Adterworld mod there is neither of those.

Top Bottom