Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

And the most out of date (sadly hugs Bosnia and Montenegro).

Hello again,

I have discovered a few more bits with Medieval Serbia. I'm playing around with them as they are quite fun:

1. I think you shouldn't be awarded one Kefal if you conquer a city, since if the enemy takes it back and you take it again, it will respawn.

2. If a mine that's built on a luxury is pillaged and you plant a Kefal on top, the resource will *NOT* be connected. The workaround is to send a worker to repair the mine AND THEN plant the Kefal on top. For some reason this only happens with luxuries and not strats

Lastly, I think you should remove or nerf the culture boost from finishing the UI, it's practically a few extra great writer bulbs over the course of the game

Hello again,

I have discovered a few more bits with Medieval Serbia. I'm playing around with them as they are quite fun:

1. I think you shouldn't be awarded one Kefal if you conquer a city, since if the enemy takes it back and you take it again, it will respawn.

2. If a mine that's built on a luxury is pillaged and you plant a Kefal on top, the resource will *NOT* be connected. The workaround is to send a worker to repair the mine AND THEN plant the Kefal on top. For some reason this only happens with luxuries and not strats

Lastly, I think you should remove or nerf the culture boost from finishing the UI, it's practically a few extra great writer bulbs over the course of the game

For Number 1 if you're worried about that. It could be made so you get the Kefal on first time capturing the city by having a Dummy building placed in the city on capture that can't get demolished. So if you recapture a city with the building in it you won't get the bonus.

Hello again,

For Number 1 if you're worried about that. It could be made so you get the Kefal on first time capturing the city by having a Dummy building placed in the city on capture that can't get demolished. So if you recapture a city with the building in it you won't get the bonus.

Thanks, will consider it :)

Won't remove the bonus, though. I believe there's a rather simple workaround. Could still lower the bonus. You won't see these changes soon, since I'm switching the leader as well.

Hello there,could you please provide additional details for the war theme of Basil's byzantium. Thanks!

Weren't the Khmers updated a while ago? I seem to recall playing a game with them but they long ago, and I think I remember it was in connection with them being updated. Might confuse it with something else though..

Yeah they were updated recently. The only thing left is another mod support update.

I mean where is instruction how to install this packs?

if u put this packs in mods they Do Not function so how to install them correctly pls can any1 write down instruction correctly because apperently mod leaders forgotten and btw not steam ones i dl civ fanatics ones so pls w/o those steam manuals cuz i dont use it

do i need to put them in DLC file or what?

help needed ? instructions to install? anyone? i installed earth 2014 mod smootlhy but this one no way ?

Last edited:
I mean where is instruction how to install this packs?

if u put this packs in mods they Do Not function so how to install them correctly pls can any1 write down instruction correctly because apperently mod leaders forgotten and btw not steam ones i dl civ fanatics ones so pls w/o those steam manuals cuz i dont use it

do i need to put them in DLC file or what?

help needed ? instructions to install? anyone? i installed earth 2014 mod smootlhy but this one no way ?

DJS saves his mods into zips, doesn't he? If so, you'll have to unzip the file and then place the folder into your MODS folder. Alternatively, if he just posts .civ5mods like most people, then you can just put it in the MODS folder and civ will unpack it for you.

@Chrisy15

listen man i did it like this i DL file from civfanatics
it was rar file i open it and the contest of file i put in MODS dir as mod leader said, game recnogise file and i enabled it to "work" when i try to see where is Serbia civ there is nothing i cant find Serbia civ.

now milion dollar question : does has it to be in MODS files ( cuz MODS file is not same as DLC file) or it has to be install inside DLC file folder in game?

MODS folder is for mods and this looks like DLC civ packs which is totally diferent stuff so pls if u kno how to install it correctly pls tell me because guidance from steam doesnt work

i installed Earth2014 mod w/o problem cuz the guy who did that mod explained everything here there is no explaination how to install these packs.

If this is civ pack it needs to be installed as DLC packs not mods one cuz game read mod with map and there is no map feature inthis civ packs

Last edited:
@Chrisy15

listen man i did it like this i DL file from civfanatics
it was rar file i open it and the contest of file i put in MODS dir as mod leader said, game recnogise file and i enabled it to "work" when i try to see where is Serbia civ there is nothing i cant find Serbia civ.

now milion dollar question : does has it to be in MODS files ( cuz MODS file is not same as DLC file) or it has to be install inside DLC file folder in game?

MODS folder is for mods and this looks like DLC civ packs which is totally diferent stuff so pls if u kno how to install it correctly pls tell me because guidance from steam doesnt work

i installed Earth2014 mod w/o problem cuz the guy who did that mod explained everything here there is no explaination how to install these packs.

If this is civ pack it needs to be installed as DLC packs not mods one cuz game read mod with map and there is no map feature inthis civ packs

So the mod shows up in the Mods menu, right? Since you've used the Earth 2014 mod I presume you know that you've got to click Next to load the mod in. If you're reaching the Select Civilisation screen and the mod isn't showing up, then posting http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-enable-logging.487482/ database and Stopwatch logs (how do links with new format? :/) will help. It is a mod, and as such it goes in the MODS folder - it's just that you've downloaded a rar of the mod's files instead of a .civ5mod.

Finally, please be clearer in your description. The extra time it takes to write your message in proper English is made up for in the time it takes for me to read it, and the fact that I'm not put off helping you.

@Chrisy15

first of all im not stupid so u think that i dont know how to install mods and btw im sure that i play Civilization much before u did. And yes i clicked next game DOES NOT read civ packs at all.

Basics of making mod is to give entire info how to install it and which reqs are needed to mod/scenario will work and here we don't have anything. Btw im modding on civ3q and i know few stuff about modding but here is everything mash up no clue how to proper install it. So as i said it needs specific way to install these packs i will check what u send me.

And btw i also mod on Total War so again i was offended by thinking that i apparently dont know to install mods. So if u see low number of posts on ppl around forum that doesn't mean that he is noob or he doesn't know what to do.
As i said i will check links and hope that works if not im gonna ask some1 to proper write down steps about installing these mods.

P.S. i dont want to offend mod leader if he is online and still on this forums ( because i know how much time is needed to make mods) and these mod packs are rly excellent but in good attention if game mode have spefic way to get installed and worked it has to be instructions how to do. It is nothing offended in this remark. Cheers, Vojvoda

Moderator Action: Please don't be a jerk to those who are trying to help you.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn dude, cool your jets. You don't have to insult someone who's just trying to help.

Because, as much as you don't wanna appear as stupid, well, you're the first to complain about not being able to install these mods in the 67 pages of this thread (nevermind all the other civ 5 mod threads which follow the same installation system). Which indicates that the problem is with you and not quite the lack of instructions.

Top Bottom