[Addons] Additional Wonders

Umm, I wouldn't know, it would depend on how powerful your computer is. On a machine closer to minimum specs I would expect a slower turn time

Ambrox, can I be the first to say congrats on this topic's 300th reply? You should release a wonder as celebration :D

You should release a wonder as celebration :D

:D
I' still have a lonely wonder art in the store: St Basil (on Red Square)
Being my last wonder, I was thinking to make it as a "broken" wonder, with Kremlin required in the city as drawback.
Obviously other suggestions are accepted as well ;)

If you want, you can send me a PM with a wonder that you'd like to do off my list

Atm I'm very busy and I haven't time to make additional wonders. May be in the next, who knows... ;)

Hi Ambrox. I love your Wonders and play with most of them. Nice to see Kiyomizu-dera. I like the benefit of 20% improved wonder production, but am thinking such a benefit would be preferable sooner then the Renaissance era. Case in point, 2/3rds of your wonders are already built by then.... Jim

Hi Ambrox. I love your Wonders and play with most of them. Nice to see Kiyomizu-dera. I like the benefit of 20% improved wonder production, but am thinking such a benefit would be preferable sooner then the Renaissance era. Case in point, 2/3rds of your wonders are already built by then.... Jim

Agree!

\Skodkim

Guys, you've pointed the finger on the main issue that I asked myself when I did the wonder. The answer is "yes", I'm aware about it and it's intentional. There are several reasons for that (not necessarily in order of importance):
a) Playing as Egyptian you start with a 25% bonus
b) IIRC there is a early Tradition policy which gives a 20-25% bonus
c) If placed at the beginning, human player would have a clear advantage on AI in order to build it first - do you like win easy? :)
d) Although in the Renaissance era, it is on the more likely path (just after gunpowder), which means at half of game, more or less
e) Yes, I know that most of the wonders have been already built, but there are still several important wonders to reach and its effect might give a decisive help in the rush towards the kind of victory you choose for the game (cultural, scientific, UN, etc...)
f) all in all, it seems a "balanced" effect - it comes late but you may take advantage by it as well if you decide to build it

I thank you very much for the feedback - feedback gives sense to modder efforts :goodjob:

Nice line of mods; both the splashes and the icons look great.

I've been trying to get splashes working for the new wonders I'm building into my mod but it tells me its unable to load the dds, despite the file being the proper dimension (972x568) and in the mod directory. Any steps I'm missing?

You are working with modbuddy, right? You should set "VFS = true" for every dds file

Hmm, applied that and it still refuses to work.

I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of the software, though I have no trouble with XML in general. There's a section for "Actions" and "Content" as well, does that need to be filled in withg something as well?

Not for art files.
If you attach your mode somewhere I can give a look at it...

Mod is attached; its more than just wonders in there but you'll find the one in question in buildings.xml.

Thanks for offering to take a look, I'll be damned if I can see the problem atm.

Attachments

• Definitive Future Mod.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
Mod is attached; its more than just wonders in there but you'll find the one in question in buildings.xml.

Thanks for offering to take a look, I'll be damned if I can see the problem atm.

Try to replace your dds with the one attached, and let me know what happens...

Awesome, that worked. What did you change?

I noticed that your DDS had a weird filesize, although it was a working dds by a graphics editor point of view. I've just saved it as DXT1 (with GIMP), like dds I used for my wonders. It means that CiV isn't able to load EVERY dds custom file...

I noticed that your DDS had a weird filesize, although it was a working dds by a graphics editor point of view. I've just saved it as DXT1 (with GIMP), like dds I used for my wonders. It means that CiV isn't able to load EVERY dds custom file...

Well its always an adventure finding the many idiosyncracies of Modbuddy :lol:

Either way I won't derail your topic anymore.

++ Some more wonder ideas:

Carnac standing stones
Brasilia Cathedral

:goodjob:

Top Bottom