Africa

Why not use my flavour art styles for Carthage, Mali, Ethiopia, and Zululand? And I'm sure StrategyOnly's Ethiopia works as well.

Ill definatly do that, ill use your ethioia since strategyOnly's download is messed up,

Any1 have any idea for techs taht should be added?

Perhaps have multiple mounted lines?

Chariot -> Heavy Horseman -> Dragoon -> Cavalry -> Gunship
Mounted Raider-> Light Horseman-> Dragoon -> Cavalry -> Gunship
Camel Rider -> Camel Archer -> Camel Gunner -> Gunship
Zebra Chariot -> Zebra Heavy Cavalry -> Zebra Dragoon -> Zebra Cavalry -> Gunship
Zebra Raider -> Zebra Light Cavalry -> Zebra Dragoon -> Zebra Cavalry -> Gunship
War Elephant -> Siege Elephant -> Tank

Just my thoughts, though feel free to say no.

Perhaps have multiple mounted lines?

Chariot -> Heavy Horseman -> Dragoon -> Cavalry -> Gunship
Mounted Raider-> Light Horseman-> Dragoon -> Cavalry -> Gunship
Camel Rider -> Camel Archer -> Camel Gunner -> Gunship
Zebra Chariot -> Zebra Heavy Cavalry -> Zebra Dragoon -> Zebra Cavalry -> Gunship
Zebra Raider -> Zebra Light Cavalry -> Zebra Dragoon -> Zebra Cavalry -> Gunship
War Elephant -> Siege Elephant -> Tank

Just my thoughts, though feel free to say no.

Sounds good thanks but definatly not Zebras, they have never been domesticated, expecially not for warefare and i try to keep my mods accurate :D

I found something! although it may be intentional.

As you can see I just started and I can see Iron and Uranium
EDIT and oil and aluminium and copper :D

I found something! although it may be intentional.

As you can see I just started and I can see Iron and Uranium
EDIT and oil and aluminium and copper :D

Yeah the J aready pointed that out to me, its not, idk why that happens but it shall be fixed!

oh and I would suggest some camel units. graphics from C2C perhaps?

oh and I would suggest some camel units. graphics from C2C perhaps?

Ill definatly add camel things, ive added Dumanios Civs to give Ethiopia, Mali, Carthage and Zulu unique unit art, ive also fixed a couple buttons. I need help for some more ideas, here are things i need ideas for:
-Resources that are important to Africa
-Techs that are important to Africa
-Units that are important to Africa
-Buildings that are important to Africa

A WW King Solomon's Mines (As in the book that I read once apon a time)
Resources.... hmmm.. I don't know..
Units: Maybe un-uniqueize the impi and make a wide variety of Impi and change the Zulu UU?
Techs... chariotry and move the chariot there? Bone Weapons? Wardrums?
Units... Bone Spearmen/axemen/etc maybe?
Buildings: A whole ton of Egyptian stuff, Abu Simbel, Karnak, etc. Chief's Hut as well.

Updated to version 1.1 check it out!
What it adds:
New Unique unit art for Mali, Carthage, Zulu and Ethiopia (thanks to Dumanios!)
Added 4 Camel units (archer, gunner, knight and cataphract)
Added 3 new animals (cheetah, giraffe, camel)
Added Elephant rider unit
Added Stone Thrower unit
Improved some buttons

Here are the new units \/

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 258
dacubz145, could you upload your mod somehwere else? Megaupload's been blocked by the damn government. :mad:

dacubz145, could you upload your mod somehwere else? Megaupload's been blocked by the damn government. :mad:

Im aware of that, but i haven't been modding last day, just checking up on the site with threads, it'll be up either tonight or tomorrow with a new update and a workable DL (with your luba civ:good job:)

Sorry don't have access to computer at moment:blush:

Anyway I'm really interested in turning this into a "real mod" since right now it seems to much of a beginning mod that doesn't seem that fun to play, any1 have any idea of things to add to make it more unique compared to normal civ (extra things beside civs)? My focus is usually on my modern mod but i like to improve this from time to time as well

I have an idea. Perhaps add national wonders called Westward Assistance and Eastward Assistance, to represent the cold war. The Westward Assistance would allow you to build import versions of US units, such as the Patton, the F86 Sabre, and the Longtom Howitzer. Later on, you could build the Abrams, the F-15 Eagle, and various other modern US units. Eastward Assistance would give you T55s, Mig16s, and later on, T72s, Gvozdikas, and Mig29s. You can't have both Westward Assistance and Eastward Assistance, since the USA and USSR were rivals. Of course, some of the unitartstyles would need altered for it to make sense, but it's an idea.

I have an idea. Perhaps add national wonders called Westward Assistance and Eastward Assistance, to represent the cold war. The Westward Assistance would allow you to build import versions of US units, such as the Patton, the F86 Sabre, and the Longtom Howitzer. Later on, you could build the Abrams, the F-15 Eagle, and various other modern US units. Eastward Assistance would give you T55s, Mig16s, and later on, T72s, Gvozdikas, and Mig29s. You can't have both Westward Assistance and Eastward Assistance, since the USA and USSR were rivals. Of course, some of the unitartstyles would need altered for it to make sense, but it's an idea.

Hmm interesting idea, not sure how you could have just one though, since a country wouldnt really have both

But either way Im trying my best to not have a bias opinion toward europeans (and americans). Everything in civ (and in life usually) is bias toward europeans and americans, i want to keep this about actual africans, not about how europeans interacted with them if that makes sence

Can't access the download. Could you mirror it on some other host ?

Top Bottom