AG16 - OCC Deity

lurker's comment: If you go to war with another civ and then ally them vs the other civ, then that may make them turn around. Just bribing will do no good

Gyathaar said:
lurker's comment: If you go to war with another civ and then ally them vs the other civ, then that may make them turn around. Just bribing will do no good

lurker's comment: I have tried it before. It failed for me to stop the war. What is can do is stop other troops from arriving if the other civ distracts them.

You can put off war by abandoning the city the are going to attack and disbanding the units. This is useful if there attack is on some useless island.

This wouldn't of helped in this game though :D

Note that usually they will try again if you do this. It only puts off the war (they have never not attacked later the few times I used the first suggestion).

Aside:
If you somehow got the AI to destroy the forces coming at you, I suspect that would work or got a wall of AI units between their forces and yours, it may also delay the war. The number of places you could do this is very rare though. The only one I could see using is declaring war on a smaller civ so they block a choke and that would be rare since how do you know before they are through said choke that they plan to attack?

Top Bottom