1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AG9 - OCC Conquest (Monarch)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Aggie, Apr 21, 2004.

1. ControlFreak

ControlFreak Not An Addict, Really

I did. WHEEEEEEE:jump:

(Problem with free jump is it would be nearly impossible to jump the captiol to a far off continent instead of the local city, since all citizens of both would be foreign.)

2. Nad

Nad Known Troublemaker

IIRC, the decision is based on a combination of size/culture, so if you ensure that the city you want to jump to is larger (assuming both have no culture) you can succeed.

3. ControlFreak

Thought it was also based on the number of cities around it. That gives the advantage to the close city.

Anyway, enough threadjacking. Back to the game!:)

4. 6thGenTexan

6thGenTexan Chieftain

I did not expect to be second as the last to sign up....I should be able to get to it today.

5. Aggie

Aggie Chieftain

I shuffled the roster to avoid the same people playing in a row in all of my sg's...

6. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

I noticed that, thanks! :D

If this game turned out we'd have to build boats, I suggest we relax the rule a little to keep/found another city which can only build boats.

7. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

We could keep it for one turn to rush a carrier boat for units to get to the other hypotethical island which may not even excist. ;)

8. Aggie

Aggie Chieftain

It's OCC, if there's another island we are very unlucky and a restart seems needed. We will not be allowed to have two cities and the end of a turn.

9. Grimjack

Grimjack Bounty Hunter

Aggie, could you please edit the roster on the first page to be the same as the actual roster? I often check on this to judge how long it is to my turn.

Grimjack.

As to hypothetical island civs. I would say, lets play. We could always build airports and shuttle troops across with Helicopters :)

I have never used those, and it could be a good opportunity....

10. Aggie

Aggie Chieftain

I changed the first post and added Stuck to the list :) I agree, we can continue if this map appears to be NOT a real pangaea.

I assume you mean airfields, not airports?

11. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yes, helichoppers could be a rescue... if their range is enough.

12. ControlFreak

So you would need enough helicoptors to raise enough cities to clear a cultural space to use a slave for an airstrip. Tough but possible.

Question about C3C, there is lethal bombard? What if you kill all defenders in a city, can you drop a unit from a helicopter into it to capture? Or is the city auto-razed with no defenders? (Probably not the latter based on results of Nukes. I don't have C3C, though.)

13. 6thGenTexan

6thGenTexan Chieftain

I'm having trouble with my 1.22 version and am in the process of reinstalling and patching again.

@Microbe I saw that you are in the forum. Can you play now?

14. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

I am at work. If you can grab in 12 hours, go for it, otherwise I can swap with you.

15. 6thGenTexan

6thGenTexan Chieftain

I'm sorry about the short report. I was running out of time before the in-laws arrived.

Food is not a problem for us. We are +4fpt @ size 4. We are only pulling in 4spt. Switch our granary to barrack. To see the horses, I trade WC and CB for The Wheel. India has both of those so Greece would get them from Gandhi if not from us. Horses are in our borders across the river.

2950 Southern scout get HBR from the Mauryan tribe!!!!! Lux up to 20%@5.
    2900 See last border S of the Sumerians. Start road on silk. Slow growth to hurry up Barrack. Science to min for Myst.
    2850 Science to IW for the other resource. 18 turns @ 80% and -1gpt. Germany is down Alphabet, Wheel and CB. An Incan warrior says they are down Alphabet and HBR with 20g in the bank.
    2750 barrack-->worker....in case we need an iron colony.
    2670 worker-->spear...MP duty worker heads to the horse. Scout south of India ends up next to a barb camp.
    2630 Lose the scout.
    2590 Silk road completes and drop lux back to 10%. I knew I should have gone for Writing as the Germans learned the art of IW. We are 9 turns out at even.
    2550 spear-->temple lux down to 0.
    2430 A missed hut not far from home gives us a skilled worker for our last MP.
    2390 temple-->horseman
    2350 Found Incan border west of Germany. IW in 3 at even. Germany still holds the monopoly.

Two questions:
    Which techs next? Writing-->Philosophy or Mathematics-->Currency?
    I vote the Writing-->philo route and take Math for free.

When are we going to war? All we have is horsemen to build for a while now.
    I vote for looking at the Hittites. Attack with some horsemen before they get ther charriots.

It's all yours Microbe.

16. Aggie

Aggie Chieftain

I agree with Writing / Philo. Also, with 6 horses we can do a bit of damage already. We should expect 2 spears per city...

17. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

I haven't looked at the save.

I assume we'll focus on military and not build any wonders? (Great Library would be good to have, but it will probably take about 30 turns) Or we want MoM?

18. Aggie

Aggie Chieftain

I vote to go all out military, interupted by market...

19. Grimjack

Grimjack Bounty Hunter

I could see us going for Zeus as well.

Grimjack

20. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

Then we need a long road to the ivory, not something I want to invest any time soon..