AG9 - OCC Conquest (Monarch)

Unless we get a SGL, we could rush Zeu's, then it would be worth to go for the colony.

Sorry, brain fart, I meant the wonder that produces Crusaders.

Grimjack

Preturn: I don't understand why didn't we trade for iron working from Germany but kept researching it ourselves. We have only 3 turns to go. I'll complete it ourselves anyway.

We may want to attack Inca, Sumeria and Greece asap, but only to trigger their GA when they only have a couple of cities. Or is it a bad idea?

Inca starts Colossus.

(1)2310BC: move scount to see if Greece has hoplites.

(2)2270BC: buy India worker+25g with Pottery.

IBT IW -> Writing as min.

(3)2230BC: Inca has Mysticism. We have iron two tiles outside Mecca, which cannot have colony, so we'll have to use horses! With no harbor we'll probably never get the chance to trade resources! How about building 40 horses and conquer the world. :lol:

Our horseman spots a Sumeria settler on the mountain.

(3)2190BC: Our scount finds reg hoplite in Athens. Another Sumeria settler in sight.

IBT Sumeria starts Oracle. Nice, these AIs are all busy building wonders.

(4)2150BC: zzz

(5)2070BC: Sumeria has its own iron and horses nearby, and it seems to be moving to settle on the iron next to our border. I actually want it to do so to trade for it..I decide to not attack Sumeria (it has only 2 cities and could be finished up pretty soon) instead I move to Inca.

(6)2030BC: India and Greece have Mathematics! I sell Mysticism (and also get 14g) to it so he can start on Oracle. :D Need to keep an eye on the civ that want to build Zeus.

(7)1990BC:

IBT Greece starts Pyramids.

(8)1950BC: lux to 10 as we grow to size 7.

(9)1910BC: Sumeria founds a little city outside of our territory but not next to the iron. It doesn't have iron working yet.

I set city to high commerce and keep 10spt.

(10)1870BC: Two Indian warriors move into our territory. Is it just trespassing or..?

(11)1830BC: Now 3 indian warriors in sight, two of them next to our city. I order them out, they declare.

Our vet horse kills reg warrior, loses 2-hp and promotes. Drop lux to 0.

IBT conscript warrior loses to our elite horse. Two more warriors appear.

(12)1790BC: zzz
(13)1750BC: zzz
(14)1700BC: Kill two indian warriors. Now we pay 9gpt for unit support. We have 3 horses next to Machu Picchu. I'll wait for two more horses and then we can strike. I just notice we have a reg warrior next to Greece and I move it home to disband.

(15)1675BC: I disband a reg spear.

(16)1650BC: zzz

Let's keep the defensive war with India (war happiness!) and take out Inca. I intentionally keep Sumeria alive to be able to trade for iron, and go for remote enemies first. In about 8 turns we'll have 6 horses to strike Inca. I suggest go for Machu Picchu, then choose either the capital or other smaller towns. You can choose to wait for more horses too.

Unit support is a big problem. We may want to disband those scouts.

After Inca we can go for Germany.

Sorry I thought 1650BC was the correct turn so I played one more turn.

The save:

I am coming. Got it now.

Grimjack

Ag9-1650BC, the early years.

I deem three horses enough to start the incan campaign, and declare.
I promptly lose one of our horses razing the first size 1 city. It is razed though, depriving the Incans of Spices.

India wants peace for horseback, and I politely decline.

Meanwhile our horsemen congregate on the northern city of Tiwanaku.

I send our workers roading towards the iron. I intend to let the next player put a colony on the iron.

1550 Alexander comes and demands Horseback. As I do not feel like dealing with pillaging Hoplites with only horsemen, I will give it to him.

1500BC When the demands start, they will just come all at once. This time it is Germany, and they wants Alphabet. I give it to them with ill will.

Our wounded horsemen are playing tag with an incan archer and warrior, while the Sumerian borders have grown, making it almost impossible to get th ereinforcements down.
I have good hopes of catching another city though.

1400BC Tiwanaku is destroyed.

I think it is time to bonk the germans a while, and I sign peace with the incans for Polytheism, and one of their two remaining cities.
I buy worker and 63 gold from Sumeria for Alphabet and 3 gpt.

I abandon Ollantambo.

I also put an Indian worker on the iron.

1300BC I am playing tag with an indian spearman while waiting for a swordsman to complete. Our seven horsemen are working their way down to German lands, where it is hoped the lack of iron will be Germanys downfall.
The Sumerians are not cooperating, and two of our horsemen may be stuck on the wrong side of Sumeria, who I foolishly promised to be at peace with for a great deal of turns. Right now I would much rather just created my path southwards through their cities.

1250 I put Mecca on a low food 15 spt diet. I recommend you keep it for two or four turns, while we get some decent homeland defense.

Here is the save
I have tried to shepherd the Indian spearman, and we can finally strike with our swordsman.
The indian spearman has been wobbling between pillaging our horse or our Silks.

Originally posted by Grimjack
I send our workers roading towards the iron. I intend to let the next player put a colony on the iron.

:eek: :wallbash:

Sorry, but I thought you could not build colony on mountains. This was what I got when I was playing my OCC Space Race game! I'm really confused.

This was why I didn't take out Sumeria (I could have done so easily when it only had 2 cities and 2 settlers were just beside our horses), and if we need iron we'd have to rely on importing from Sumeria. But now I see a conoly on mountain! I couldn't believe my eyes!

We should focus on Sumeria as soon as the gpt payment runs out.

Sorry for the screw-up..

I was thinking to take on Sumer after we dealt some sort of crippling blow to the Germans while we had our horses down there.
Then we could hit Sumer from two directions. Swordsmen/horsemen in the north, and hopefully at least some horsemen from the south, and take Sumer out of the Equation.

I do not think it wise to hit Greece until we have knights. Those Hoplites are really bothersome.

About India I do not even know. Hopefully we acn bleed them dry by keeping them at war, but looks to me ther are treating it as a phony war.

Grimjack

We would need to get Writing. Then it would be a very good idea to keep them at war with each other until such time we wanted to take out the greeks.

Grimjack

The log:

Preturn: Check to see our situation...

Reset personal prefs.

1225BC - 1175BC[1 - 3]: Guide Indian spear out of our area, it stays at higher ground so attacking isn't so good...

1150BC [4]: Incans build the Colossus in Cuzco.

1125BC [5]: Finally get the Indian spear killed... we now have 3 swords. Maybe we shoul make peace with India? I think Sumeria should be attacked ASAP, but we're still paying them gpt so it isn't possible... but why are we doing this? Or are we playing honorably? Whatever the situation, I won't attack them.

1100BC - 975BC [6 - 11]: I just realised I should've attacked Germany already...:wallbash:

Athens completes Pyramids.

950BC - 900BC [12 - 14]: Troops move towards Germany...

I know I shouldn't leave this here, but as the troops are attack - ready, I think I'll let the next player start the war, so I won't mess up anything. I tend to have a bad RNG, anyway...:undecide:

Top Bottom