Age of Colonisation

After entering the game, I find that there is a problem with the civilopedia.

Probably a problem with the civilopedia art palette. Check that art file and see if it's colors are indexed, not RGB. If that makes any sense.

Otherwise you may need a patch from Imperator.

Bump. I also am having this .ini problem and would really love to play this mod. Is Imperator around anymore?

Theology10, he is & really is. :) And he's very busy, so I'll try to help you.

I don't remember exactly units have this problem - it's an issue with folders and .ini files names indeed, but I can tell you 'bout the way to resolve it.

For example, there's an error with the Italian Knight unit:
1) check folder ..\Civ 3(the path to a folder with the game)\conquests\scenarios\TAC\art\units folder - there should be a "Italian Knight" folder;
2) there's a Italian Knight.ini file. As far as I remember - there was no space character in filename (but it should be). Rename .ini file to be appropriate to the folder name (add space char). This will resolve an error.

The same with the rest italian units - IIRC there were 5 or 6 troubles of the same type (crossbowman, musketman, etc - files names started with "italian").

This mod is worth to be played. ;)

Hello I have the same problem.
FILE NOT FOUND
"Art\Units\Italian Halberdier\Italian Halberdier.INI"
I looked in this folder but there were only three Italian units.
I can't found that unit with the Error message.
What can I do?

I don't have this mod myself, but generally speaking: The units animation-files (.flc) are defined in the pediaicons.txt. Search for "Italian Halberdier" here, and check the entry that looks like this:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_units name
Italian Halberdier

The name must be an exact match in three places: In the pediaicons.txt-entry mentioned, the unit's folder name, and the name of the .ini-file within that folder. If any of these have an extra space or some other differences, the game will give you an error-message like the one you got. So I would suggest that you check that there aren't too many or too few spaces in any of the names.

See also Wolfshade's answer above.

I have identical problem like Alex93

those line of text in PediaIcons.txt seems to be ok:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Italian_Halberdier
Italian Halberdier

#ICON_PRTO_Italian_Halberdier
art\civilopedia\icons\units\ItalianHalberd-Large
art\civilopedia\icons\units\ItalianHalberd-Small

first line ANIMNAME_PRTO_Italian_Halberdier match exactly text from editor but there is no graphic icon for this unit and proper unit folder in Art\Units\ or art\civilopedia\icons\units\. I think that author of TAC did not had unique 3d model for Italian Halberdier, so he have used one of standard units available but with no proper paths to it.

like 20 turns into the game I get an error where it says like file not found arquebusier/fusilier/ or something like that

well i took a quick view over this mod, and i will return....for sure i miss the uzbeks and russians, the first as eternal enemies of the mughals and safavids, the latter for the swedish...or did i miss something...

The file is reuploaded now, you can download again.

I didn't mean you are the author. I missed "have", it should be "Don't you have Alexander mod?" so you can share link to download with me.

I didn't mean you are the author. I missed "have", it should be "Don't you have Alexander mod?" so you can share link to download with me.
I don't have a version currently. Ozymandias is always the best person to ask - he's our archivist.

Top Bottom