Age of Colonisation

zwei833, thank you very much for bumping this thread, as until now I was not aware of that scenario. :) I would also be very interested in a re-upload of that scenario.

A look into the still existing biq shows, that it is created on one of the maps I´m also using for tests of my 'Age of Discovery' scenario (the other one is the much bigger map used in Rocoteh´s WW2 Global scenario) and uses the technics of city-spot-terrain, that is also used in my upcoming 'Age of Discovery' scenario. In the first phase this scenario can be played with the CCM2 files of version 2.50 until the end of era 4 (that´s why I have enhanced the techtree of era 2 of that mod massively).

imperator1961 and all others who helped him: You did a great work with this scenario :goodjob: and I´m interested, if I will find some parts in that scenario, that I can use in my upcoming scenario, too.

Node60, thank you very much for the download link. :)

Node60, thank you very much for the download link. :)

@Node60 saves the day again haha!

I have several copies of this mod that someone on another forum gave me but I suspect they're older. Will have to try them and compare dates to this copy.

Also just like I did when Node60 saved the Master of Myrror project I'll re-pack with 7zip and stick a copy of this on either CFC or moddb!

Oh and Node60 I've tagged you over in the Civ3 Star Trek Dominion War thread too. Don't suppose you have a copy of that??

Okay I've compared the 3 copies I had and @Node60 's copy of imperator1961's Age of Colonisation mod is definitely the better one as it had newer files and noticeable visual improvements. All versions seem to crash when you scroll down the units in the Pedia though. I also found some extra documents and an excel file with techs and stuff listed in an older version so I'll chuck them in with the new one.

I've tested it with my disc install of Civ3 (steam users will be fine too as there's no label files) and I've gotta say I'm very impressed. It's clear a lot of work has gone into this!

I've repacked with 7zip (down to 394MB from the old 549MB zip file) and uploaded a copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers to preserve his work. Should @imperator1961 return to CFC he can modify his original post download link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone one. EDIT: As part of the dead mod link rescue/replacement project I'm working on with Quintilius he & I have edited the original thread post's download link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone SoC one that was taking people to a dodgy page.
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/AgeOfColonisation.7z

NOTE: If anyone wants Rathvilly's enhanced version instead of this one go HERE.

Title screen
upload_2020-10-24_23-6-28.png

A whole lot of factions!
upload_2020-10-24_23-7-3.png

Time to set sail for the new world!
upload_2020-10-24_23-7-31.png

Last edited:
I agree, that this is a great scenario with tons of advanced modding work (from specially created advisors up to the enlarged number of city graphics by splitting the use of eras in that scenario). Therefore I think it should be cleared, that the masterful creator of this scenario isn´t Neomega as written in the post above, but imperator1961.
:hatsoff:

I agree, that this is a great scenario with tons of advanced modding work (from specially created advisors up to the enlarged number of city graphics by splitting the use of eras in that scenario). Therefore I think it should be cleared, that the masterful creator of this scenario isn´t Neomega as written in the post above, but imperator1961.
:hatsoff:

arrrghhhh... copy and paste of my standard rescue text tag update fail becuase I'm rushing and half asleep lol! sorry.. fixed.

Hopefully I didn't do that anywhere else!

Last edited:
not me . No doubt a Googling error . Trebi whatever searched , the football club mentioned , and that should have been taken .

...those blue backgrounds on the buttons look strange. More like a glitch than a design choice.

What I can see in the editor, imperator1961 made a very good scenario and partially used high sophisticated Civ 3 modding technics (per example the splitted city graphics and his own advisor buttons). :hatsoff: Some things in that scenario are better than my attempt of doing an 'Age of Discovery' scenario. That´s why my attempt of such a scenario at present is on hold in my modding queue.

On the other side it seems this scenario has never passed a final quality control. The many 'blue backgrounds' in the unit icons are errors in the palettes of those unit icons or completely missing unit icons and there is at least one lethal error in the pediaicons file, causing a CTD because the missing suffix .pcx at the end of a pediaicons entry. Some of the 'Indian' civ names are too long for the interesting interface and the interface has some issues itself. May be it´s a good idea to do a patch, fixing these problems, so we can see how this scenario is really working when beeing played.

there is really nothing wrong with the city of Trabzon placed as the name of the football club of the city , Firaxis has been like surviving for 20 years after writing Edirne as Edrine ...

there is really nothing wrong with the city of Trabzon placed as the name of the football club of the city , Firaxis has been like surviving for 20 years after writing Edirne as Edrine ...

Would that be the byzantine scenario where Thessalonike, the second largest city of the empire, doesn't even exist? ^_^

No, just checked. It is called Adrianople there, so entirely fine.

Top Bottom