AI cheats

Kaiser0985

Chieftain
I never realized in 20 years or so how the AI in Civ2 cheats so heavily that it totally ruins the game, at least in MGE (I played for years in PS1 but I do not remember this extensive cheating).

I knew for example that the AI is not affected by trireme limitations, that it has some productivity bonuses, possibility to bribe your units whenever she wants, ZOC, airplane bonuses, etc., but what I found really frustrating It is the nuclear limitless the AI has.

The AI can hit your cities with nuclear missiles basically regardless the FOG and moreover regardless the distance.

Never mind how big is your patrolling efforts to avoid enemy sub armed with nuclear getting closer to your coasts or never mind how far is your closest city to the enemy, the AI is able to magically make appear a nuclear rocket behind you back and strike you in the ***, basically fudging all the strategic concept of the game, this is no sense.

Has anyone figured out a possible solution without deleting nuclear weapons from the game?

As soon as they're available, build SDI in every single one of your cities.

(obviously not all in the same turn, unless you're insanely wealthy, but prioritize it and get them built ASAP)

The AI can hit your cities with nuclear missiles basically regardless the FOG and moreover regardless the distance.

Never mind how big is your patrolling efforts to avoid enemy sub armed with nuclear getting closer to your coasts or never mind how far is your closest city to the enemy, the AI is able to magically make appear a nuclear rocket behind you back and strike you in the ***, basically fudging all the strategic concept of the game, this is no sense.
I'm pretty sure that the AI can use a missile anywhere as long as it is in range of a "launch platform" (i.e. city or sub), regardless of where the missile is actually located. So, you don't just have to eliminate subs with nukes, you have to eliminate all subs.

I'm pretty sure that the AI can use a missile anywhere as long as it is in range of a "launch platform" (i.e. city or sub), regardless of where the missile is actually located. So, you don't just have to eliminate subs with nukes, you have to eliminate all subs.
I am not entirely sure this is true, I activated the cheat mode and took possession of the civ which bombarded me the turn before. It did not have any sub in the range, no hidden cities in range of mine which could host a nuclear missile and I did another thing, I reloaded the save before the attack and still no subs in range, no cities in range e only 3 missile sitting in their cities.

Also I found other discussions somewhere in Reddit complaining the same thing

Top Bottom