AI+ v13.1

AI Improvements for Civ VI

1. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

Yeah, that's just because you're standing on its best spot and it doesn't reselect targets for that reason. Not too much I can do about that. Even if it would reselect, the inner dll code would still select the same target again

2. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

It is kind of a bug then, isn't it? Should I report it somewhere?

3. View619

View619 Warlord

If you can send a bug report directly to Firaxis, go for it.

4. V. Soma

well I posted in the Civfanatics bug section

5. NameArleadyUsed

NameArleadyUsed Chieftain

After today' play I think that preventing AI from :nospam: spamming units, especially in case of City-States, should be the focus point for nearest future.
    AI' need for keeping massive standing army is exaggerated, in my opinion.
    20170305155435_1.jpg 20170305172956_1.jpg 20170305185618_1.jpg
    Unit upgrades and combat awarness is acceptable.

6. View619

View619 Warlord

As long as the massive standing army doesn't tank the ai gpt, it should be fine.

No reason for ai civs to make themselves easy targets.

7. NameArleadyUsed

NameArleadyUsed Chieftain

Agree.
    But hard doesn't mean stuffed with troops. And stuffed with troops doesn't mean hard.
    The concern is to improve AI ability to mintain military effectiveness without need for dozens of troops.
    When I see that City-State has so many troops that it keeps them safeless in the sea (or worse - in my territory) it makes me ask myself: Why? It only makes conquering them longer - because it clogs my CPU.
    Now seriously: of course AI will not be able to command their troops with human' care but that's this mod goal - to make AI smarter.

I only want to note that domain-/terrain-awarness in producing new troops (as C-S producing ships if it is on small island and arleady has some land troops) as well as calculating the ability to buy units in case of emergency instead of producing them over time is one of the field that can be looked at closer in process of improving AI.

Surely most of us experienced games when we fought off massive suprising AI attacks with well-led-bought-in-hurry-with-last-gold-troops.

8. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

That is absolutely a valid point when it comes to making the best AI possible. However, I'm afraid that it significantly overestimates the tools I have available while making this mod. I cannot do any coding, cannot tweak internal code and am extremely limited when it comes to dynamic behavior. I have been supplied with a few conditionals to work with that can be applied to a few values, such as being able to tweak a single desire value for 'land units' based on the leader, but I have no conditions available that look at the terrain (except for one rather unreliable: 'is on island' condition). On top of that, the unit control system is completely separate from unit/building desires etc, and in that system I have even less available. So even if I could decrease unit production intelligently, I'd have no way to for example force it to put its troops in a strategic location.

9. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

V. Soma and View619 like this.
  10. V. Soma

v10

Scythia DoW me (India), I am impressed! - I will face some threat... (level: Immortal) - Also I think Seol also can be worried...

11. V. Soma

pic:
    upload_2017-3-7_18-21-51.png

12. nth94

nth94 Chieftain

Having AI+ confirmed as a mod makes the game go back to the main menu when its about to begin the loading - after pressing start game, before the map is loaded - process. How can i correct this?

13. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

Hmm, that sounds like a conflict somewhere. Do you have the Australia patch installed? If not I would recommend you use v9 (see the OP).
    If you do have that installed, could you share the contents of your database.log file after one of these failed load attempts happens? You can find that file in: My games/Civ 6/Logs

14. nth94

nth94 Chieftain

Just realised something here. I'm playing on a Mac and my previous understanding is that there is a patch on all platforms and together with that a DLC with exclusive stuff that you have to pay for. Since the DLC hasn't reached the Mac platform i'm not sure i have the content of the patch, and now I'm not even sure if there is a distinction between getting the basic patch as an automatic steam update and buying the DLC. Long story short I'm thinking that I'm not on the newest patch, right?

15. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

Ah yes Macs are behind a bit and you won't have that patch yet. If you want to play with AI+ meanwhile you can get an old version (basically the same) here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8lo9q4y68fd8yr/AI+.zip?dl=1
    This is assuming you do have the winter patch, I'm not sure if that's available for macs.. Let me know if it works and if it doesn't I'll try to make a mac compatible version

16. nth94

nth94 Chieftain

Indeed the v9 works fine! The winter DLC came out three weeks later than standard i believe.

17. nth94

nth94 Chieftain

Just a question; Is that with the CQUI mod enabled? I can't seem to get the top right portraits bar to show in my game. Maybe another case of different patches. Really annoying that some mods work instantly, others partially.

18. V. Soma

mod:
    NQ Enhanced User Interface

19. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

How'd your war go @V. Soma? Did Scythia manage to take anything?

20. V. Soma

Well, not, only some pillaging... I had some varu units and crossbow, later pikes...

But it was interesting and at some time England also DoW me so I had to face two enemies at same time
    and
    England took swords and a ram to my city and did manage to destroy my walls...!
    I took care so they did not capture my city but anyways it was kind of a good AI move...

I had good defending terrain (hills, chokepoints, river) - now peace is taken from both AI, they paid me gold and resources...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017