Resource icon

AI+ v13.1

Say Siesta,

I noticed that in my game, the AI will sometimes have zero walls in any of their cities even into the Renaissance. Others on the map either have walls in every city or most of theirs. I had wars where they build walls right before I attack their cities and other times, they never build them, despite being at war.

This was on an Emperor game by the way. Is this normal or should I play on a higher difficulty to see more walling?

I have played one game with AI+ on GS. What have i seen:
- AI gives me lots of gold and strategic resources for my rare resources (I can earn of all AI's money)
- lot of AI countries do not create army. AI has not war units

Does the fact dll still wasn't released indicate we are in for another expansion?
I'm not sure that's the case. They did indicate in some of the live streams leading up to the release of GS that there would be additional modding tools released after the GS launch, but that they were not quite ready to release for GS.

I don't think these will be the DLLs, but I think there are more modding tools coming. Also, I don't think the DLLs in Civ5 released with the BNW expansion, I think they came out after.

Therefore, I think status is inconclusive.

Say Siesta,

I noticed that in my game, the AI will sometimes have zero walls in any of their cities even into the Renaissance. Others on the map either have walls in every city or most of theirs. I had wars where they build walls right before I attack their cities and other times, they never build them, despite being at war.

This was on an Emperor game by the way. Is this normal or should I play on a higher difficulty to see more walling?

They do build walls more frequently on higher difficulty levels though it should be relatively common on emperor as well. Walls are essentially just one of the buildings they produce when they've got nothing better to build, which is more common on higher difficulties because they've got more production. I don't think that they build walls more frequently during wars

- AI gives me lots of gold and strategic resources for my rare resources (I can earn of all AI's money)

The 2nd point is not part of the AI+ mod. It has been this way since launch that many civ AI players have zero or minimal military score. Typically the strongest AI nations do have a sizable army. Latest patches from firaxis have improves this by a good bit. But it still happens that you prepare war for 30-40 turns. Building up forces. And the AI is a total walkover.

Hello all. I've played a few games with AI+ and GS and I have a small question. With this mod, all the AI personalities seem to pick the same governments (e.g. classical republic, no one picks oligarchy or autocracy). Was it designed? And if it wasn't, how can a modmaker change it and make it more individual for each AI personality?
Thanks in advance.

I've the exact same issue, the AI has virtually no military, the only issue with wiping out an AI civ is dealing with the rebels afterwards as the loyalty drop kicks in, otherwise I have fought against far more Rebel units than any faction military.

Haven't observed nr 2 (yet - it's early game for me) but nr. 1 was started to bug me and I decided to go here to see if there was any mention of this - turns out there was.

Is this related to AI+ (I haven't played without it since the relase of GS)? If so that seems really weird! AI gives away all their gold. Just got 18/turn + lump sum of 142 (max AI had) for one Spices...

\Skodkim

With GS i experienced (as wrote before) some nations has almost no military units. Huge map aroung turn 300. Oh and there aren't (expect two caravells) naval units. Religious units... sweden in the early game tried to convert my cities, trainded many missionaries. Then my apostates kick their asses and... that was it. No more religius units producd by sweden and as for as i saw (console + reveal all) almost no other religious units in the map. In other games where i gave a horsehocky about religion huge amount of missionaries from different nations came and did their things.

Just to follow up on the trade issue. This is apparently a base game bug and I'm sorry that I "accused" AI+ of being the culprit here.

\Skodkim

Let me repost my review in here:

This mod gives considerable improvements in how AI grows its civs, and how it manages moving large number of units into attack formations. it definitely speeds up how civs develop in early game, making immortal games feel almost like deity, however this mod is hampered by serious issues.
I have never seen AI building city walls, or improving strategic resources, and therefore not building special units. Therefore the mod feels great at the beginning, but then it falls flat and is almost unplayable.
Half the AI civs end up in constant war between each other, even though they do not secure strategic resources with improvements, therefore never building swordsmen, which enhanced by the fact that they never build walls makes their cities very easy to capture.

As a final note, I would probably add that the mod most likely should stick to its primary strength, which is the AI group unit management and avoid doing "total AI overhauls", because they tend to go awry in ways described above. Most preferably, the good things should be simply worked into vanilla game.

AI got a boost and new way of "thinking" with the June Patch. I suspect something with AI+ and June Patch clashes.
I cant say how pleased I am to see the maker of AI+ back!

I am not sure if its even possible to see what AI+ is clashing with, in the main game. But if mr Siesta could take a look, that would be beyond awesome.
I want to use this mod again!

I cant say how pleased I am to see the maker of AI+ back!
So hope he gets a reason to stay and we finally see the release of "the DLL sources".

(SOON) :)

this mod has an error which will cause it not to load completely, half of individualization file in fact doens't load because it gets killed at:

[Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LeaderTraits.LeaderType, LeaderTraits.TraitType
[4066535.039] [Gameplay]: While executing - 'insert into LeaderTraits('LeaderType', 'TraitType') values (?, ?);'
[4066535.039] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into LeaderTraits('LeaderType', 'TraitType') with values (LEADER_DIDO, TRAIT_LEADER_EXPANSIONIST, ).
[4066535.039] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table LeaderTraits from file individualization.xml.
[4066535.039] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LeaderTraits.LeaderType, LeaderTraits.TraitType

also:
the pedro entry, eleanor_france, and kupe below line 205 of the individualization.xml.

once i removed those it loaded completely. So this is having a very bad negative influence on how this mod "works" at the moment.

check you database.log and you'll see.

oh here's the exact lines that are trouble:

<Row LeaderType="LEADER_PEDRO" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_CULTURAL_MAJOR_CIV"/>

<Row LeaderType="LEADER_KUPE" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_CULTURAL_MAJOR_CIV"/>

<Row LeaderType="LEADER_KRISTINA" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_CULTURAL_MAJOR_CIV"/>

<Row LeaderType="LEADER_ELEANOR_FRANCE" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_CULTURAL_MAJOR_CIV"/>

and then it's finally clean.

I am not sure what you need to to do to get those above to load right, but they are stopping half of that file form loading every time this mod tries to activate.

Check out your Database.log to verify.

Oh what the above in fact means is that all the "personality" types of the leaders never access their leader_type system that would allow them to value yields, districts, flavors, etc... so it in fact killed the economic part of the AI to this mod. Science, money, culture, etc... It ALSO killed the changes to diplomacy for the diploactions, ALL of them....

It also disallowed loading tech valuations that follow. SO the AI would, i don't know what instead.

Anyway, working cleanly now on my end modified as a temporary AI++ version. :)

The Unique Constraint error with Dido is because in the base game there is already an entry in the LeaderTraits table attaching "TRAIT_LEADER_EXPANSIONIST" to her LeaderType. The same goes for Pedro, Kupe, Kristina, & Eleanor. All four of those already have "TRAIT_LEADER_CULTURAL_MAJOR_CIV" attached to them so those lines in the AI+ individualization.xml are redundant and no longer necessary. They will consequently throw Unique Constraint errors and stop any further code from loading into the d/b until those five lines are deleted.

Had anyone noticed the AI settling cities in a really dumb way with this mod? I'm playing diety on a large map as French Eleanor and getting a ton of free cities without even having earned any great works yet. There are 3 AI's surrounding me that just keep settling cities near me that lose all loyalty within 10-20 turns.

I managed to fix this mod with the instructions given here and at the workshop. I'm gonna play a game right now to test it, but I wanted to know if the mod works with modded civs and leaders as well, or should I add them to the files? Is there any way to do it properly?

Top Bottom