Resource icon

AI+ v13.1

the AIs are keep spamming me 5 gold gifts... urgh that's annoying overtime.
dunno if the AI is just dumb or too smart...
"hei, I see you at war with that dude, maybe I can help you?"
"sure!"
*kill dude*
"hei you evil! we whole world hate you now!"
*but but.... I thought you agree that I help you in your war!! WTF!!*

Last edited:
I fully agree with the diplomacy points and that it's too easy to get along. I have noticed some distinct behavior there that can hopefully be changed to make it more challenging:

- As soon as an AI turns green / friendly, 99% of the time they will accept your friendship request immediately on that turn or next. If you have researched alliances, again 99% of the time they accept that as well. There seems to be a very low attitude threshold currently. e.g. at cumulative attitude 5 it turns friendly/green but accept friendship should be a much higher value like 50. Same to alliance. More turns need to be pass for friendships to 'ripen', right now it happens too fast. Interestingly though, this happens mostly between AI-human player. I see many AI-AI that are friendly to one another but don't declare formal friendship or alliance. So it favors the human player which is the opposite of what we want.

- Once you are in an alliance, you are basically "locked in" for the rest of the game. You can beat wipe out their religion, cause grievances, get a bunch of negative diplo modifiers. Say you have so many grievances that you have a net -40. This becomes irrelevant because as soon as the alliance expires and they are still friendly, at that very turn, 90% of the time you can go and re-declare friendship and alliance. AIs need to have some cool down or grace period after such agreements expire so their attitude value can adjust. My understanding is that the -8, +4 etc modifiers we see on the UI are the per turn change, and behind the scenes there is some hidden cumulative attitude value x. So during an alliance this x is locked at a high value like e.g. 50. Right after the alliance expires, even if you are supposed to get a -40 per turn, it doesn't matter because you can renew that very turn, before the values re-adjust.

- This one is rule-change need outside scope but will point out nevertheless: it is silly that you can declare friendships and alliances with everyone and even if the whole world is at war, you can stay "neutral" and not have to choose sides. In most games involving diplomacy, your allies or friends attacking one another would force you to choose sides - e.g. you either join war on one side and piss off the other, or cancel your alliance status with both and cause grievances to both. You shouldn't be allowed to stay neutral while still having an alliance pact.

Yeah, diplomacy is a major issue. I'd say the most major issue after unit micro. It's going to take dll access to change this though, there is almost no access to it in XML, and on lua side it's impossible to stop the AI from sending deals (though it's possible to have it send war declarations)

Besides what you mention, the most aggravating issue to me is how quickly aggressive AIs are willing to make peace. Humans luckily don't notice this too much because they don't spam peace requests every turn, but in AI vs AI wars peace is frequently declared while one player has a massive advantage and is about to take cities. If I could get rid of this, you'd be able to see full AI takeovers much more frequently, which would greatly increase the power of the bots

... it so must be ???

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    887.5 KB · Views: 252
... it so must be red it is written with "incompatibly" ???

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    887.1 KB · Views: 149
... version 12.1 shined in the list of additions at loading of savegame (of version 13.0 - no)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    489.9 KB · Views: 136
I have enjoyed AI+, but it seems that AI still pursue disabled victory options. I searched all of the posted info, and could not find if this is an expected result.
I will be switching over to the Real Strategy mod, which specifically addresses this.

AI Civs start to give me (as a gift) 5 gold sometimes after i install this mod, what is this?

Man Siesta, you outdid yourself. I just had a semi tough fight that almost reminded me of the Vox Populi Mod on Civ5.

I'm planning to sweep the map, with 2 civs wiped out, but I am only 5th on military strength and Monty has 1.4k and we are only Medieval period! I'm at 650. This is good man, really good.

I hope they give that .dll soon, but I am not optimistic about it.

Someone needs to tell Marbozir to use this mod again. GS is too weak AI wise.

Thanks for your hard work.

AI Civs start to give me (as a gift) 5 gold sometimes after i install this mod, what is this?

Thanks for letting me know! It should be fixed now. Funny issue, they were so eager to trade that if they couldn't do anything else, they'd just default to gold gifts

I have enjoyed AI+, but it seems that AI still pursue disabled victory options. I searched all of the posted info, and could not find if this is an expected result.
I will be switching over to the Real Strategy mod, which specifically addresses this.

Yeah this mod's fully xml based atm and doesn't support that. Real strategy uses some clever lua tricks to make that possible

Man Siesta, you outdid yourself. I just had a semi tough fight that almost reminded me of the Vox Populi Mod on Civ5.

I'm planning to sweep the map, with 2 civs wiped out, but I am only 5th on military strength and Monty has 1.4k and we are only Medieval period! I'm at 650. This is good man, really good.

I hope they give that .dll soon, but I am not optimistic about it.

Someone needs to tell Marbozir to use this mod again. GS is too weak AI wise.

Thanks for your hard work.

Glad to hear you're having a good game! Let's hope it's not a fluke :D
Yeah I can't wait for that dll, mucking about in xml/lua just isn't nearly the same thing

Yeah this mod's fully xml based atm and doesn't support that. Real strategy uses some clever lua tricks to make that possible

I really, really, wish that AI+ could cause the leaders to recognize disabled victory options. It's nice that the Real Strategy mod incorporates this, but it's far from perfect. For example, I can create a game where Domination victory is the only option. Instead of all-out war, all the leaders immediately try to become your best friend.

I really, really, wish that AI+ could cause the leaders to recognize disabled victory options. It's nice that the Real Strategy mod incorporates this, but it's far from perfect. For example, I can create a game where Domination victory is the only option. Instead of all-out war, all the leaders immediately try to become your best friend.

They need the dll to be released by Firaxis in order to overhaul AI behavior and diplomacy.

Top Bottom