Alea iacta est: A GermaNES

Ok christos I will accept your submission. I will edit your stats. Good luck.:)

OOC:

Good luck.:)

Thanks.

By the way, those who are not politicans, what kind of orders do they send?

IC:

THE REVELATIONS

Chapter 1: The Prologue

I, Julious Ceasar of the Roman House of Julious, have decided to write this book so the knowledge of the one and true God is not lost in case I die. First, I shall tell my story. Then, I shall tell the teachings of the one and true God.

Chapter 2: My Early Life

I, Julious Ceasar of the Roman House of Julious, was born before 25 years. I was son of a very rich Roman Merchant, Publious Julious. When I was a young man, I had many things that bring happines to a man: women, riches, luxuries.

But do those things really bring happines? To many, it would seem that those things are all that someone may want. But, can a human be happy knowing that many others work to death? That sons die in war and fathers die of hunger? And, can someone be happy that in the end he will die, be reborned again and again and again and live in this terrible world of destruction, poverty and death? Or is there a way that we can stop this cycle of being reborn again and again and finally have our souls to rest in peace in the Heavens?

Anyway, my father never let me see the true destruction of war or the poverty and hunger and death that exist. When I was 18 years old, I and my dear friend Marious went to South Italy. There I saw death and destruction, poverty and hunger. When I returned, to enjoy my wealth I could not. One year later, I saw a dream. A Dream of flames in the sky and a voice telling me ''Go to the Sinai Desert''. So, at the age of 19, I and my friend Marious left for Egypt.

Chapter 3: The Revelation of the one and true God

I, Julious Ceasar of the Roman House of Julious, along with my dear friend Gaious Marious went to Alexandria, capital of Egypt. I was a very rich man, but Alexandria is the mother of luxury and all riches. But riches were not the reason I came to Egypt. It was to find answers. Why do we have to die? Can we escape the cycle of death? Can we escape this miserable world?

So I went to the Sinai Desert and meditated in the desert for 49 days and 49 nights. And then the God spoke to me. Suddenly I started to understand. ''I had found the answer!!'' I was shouting. I will tell you the revelation of the one and true God in the next Chapters of this book.

After the revelation, I went back to Alexandria and from there, along with Marious, I headed to Greece.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julious closed the book and stopped writing. ''It's time to rest.'' he said. Then, Alexandros came in to his room.

''Teacher, Alexandros said, when shall we begin to preach the words of the One and True God to the people of Rome?''

Ceasar laughed. ''Soon. Very soon. But know this: Rome is not like the other places. I was warned by a dream that some Romans who have power will not see well the words of the God. But, my mission is to spread the word of the God to as many people as possible. Now, let's talk about something else. Dont you miss you home, in Greece?''

''Sure, I do.'' Alexandros replied.

''What do you miss more?'' Ceasar asked.

''The sea, teacher.'' Alexandros said.

''Well, come with me.''

Cesar leads Alexandros to a dark room inside his house. He then sits down. He closes his eyes.

''Sit!'' Ceasar said. ''Close your eyes. Forget about everything. Do not think. But at the same time, do not try to force yourself not to think. It will come without your orders, as long as you are calm and do nothing.''

So Alexandros and Ceasar start to meditate. After 17 hours, Ceasar opens his eyes.

''Open your eyes.'' He said to Alexandros. ''What did you see?''

''I saw the sea of my village. I walked on the water and then I saw flames on the sky and the sea and a voice I heard. A voice that told me some words that I could not understand.'' Alexandros replied.

''You shall understand.'' Caesar said and then left the room.

Your orders will simply outline what you desire to do.

Example:

Orders: (insert family name here)
Move character from point A to point B. (At this moment I am assuming all characters are either in Rome itself or at an estate already listed in their backstory.)
Move 2nd character from point A to point B. (if applicable.)

If you are a Senator or have office such as Administrator or Legatus, you will then list your official orders to your troops/citizens. Build buildings or extort money if you are that type. Here Senators will also vote how they want following call for votes during Senate debates.

If you want to build personal buildings such as an expansion to your estate or establishing a warehouse for your goods list them here. You will be spending on it, since I do not want to clutter the pages with pointless prices and dozens of possible buildings, I will allow you some freedom towards what you will pay for a certain building. The more you pay the better the quality, the less you pay the lesser the quality. You have been warned.

If you want to build personal buildings such as an expansion to your estate or establishing a warehouse for your goods list them here. You will be spending on it, since I do not want to clutter the pages with pointless prices and dozens of possible buildings, I will allow you some freedom towards what you will pay for a certain building. The more you pay the better the quality, the less you pay the lesser the quality. You have been warned.

Will you at least give us a general price range for the private buildings after we send the PMs to you?

Spoiler :
And spoiler tags are the arch nemesis of clutter.

I will go ahead and post some of the more common buildings that I believe would be built more often such as a Warehouse or branch office, as well as farms. I will also give a range for expansions and you guys can decide how much you want to pay for expansions. For more specific buildings you can either PM me beforehand or list them in your orders and I will set it down as a project with a final price tag at the end.

To start I have this:

Small to large Warehouse: 5,000; 10,000; 15,000.
Branch office: 5,000. (Allows trade to cities outside Italy or to other nations.)
Estate Expansions: (These are rough estimates, you are free to pay between the two prices or even lower or more if you want.)
Small: 15,000
Mediocre: 25,000
Large-Fancy: 50,000
New Estate: 100,000 for small; 150,000 for mediocre; 200,000 for large-fancy.

Farms: All kinds.
Small: 5,000
Medium: 10,000
Large: 20,000

February 263 BC: High Tensions, Cool Heads.

Following the news of Carthaginian tactics in the open seas the Roman Senate moved swiftly, authorizing an Ambassador to be sent to Carthage to possibly defuse the situation somewhat and bring peace to the Mediterranean. The Ambassador, Hadrian Marcellus, has left Rome shortly after the Senate meeting ended, via the swift merchant ship Mercury's Blessing. He is slated to arrive in Carthage in just 5 days. Despite flying the Roman flag, no Carthaginian warship stopped the merchant nor did they interfere with its passage, though Marcellus saw the numerous numbers of the Carthaginian Navy and some of their largest vessels, which are the largest in the known world.

In Rome though, after the Senate meeting ended there was still the matter of who will build the ships approved by Senate and where they will be built. It was left to the Consuls to hand out the appointments, therefore the newly formed Mediterranean Fleet will be built and housed in the South, with their home base in Tarentum, while the additions to the Home Fleet will be built by the Central and sent to the port of Ostia near Rome. Both Regions will receive the funding from Senate for their construction and is expected to begin construction by the end of the month

Meanwhile, Cato's personal wealth has begun to grow, he has added several warehouses of various sizes to store his goods and has built several winery's and built some Grain farms. It is hoped that food to Rome will be increased allowing Italy to flourish despite hundreds of freemen losing jobs to slaves acquired in Rome's last war against the Barbarians of the north last year.

In other news Roman allies in Sicily report skirmishes with Carthaginian light infantry on Sicily. This of itself is meaningless, the Sicilians and Carthaginians have been skirmishing for years, but this time Carthage established forts and watchtowers on the borders, causing some concern for the Sicilians who turn to Rome for help. They are asking for troops to protect Sicilian Grain Farms on the border. The Consul Brutus, the closest available troop has refused but Consul Paxos has moved his 2nd Legio to the Central Range and ordered his Legion to be ready to march south with his 4th to follow in the following month. He has entered Rome to speak with the Senators and gain permission to support the beleaguered Sicilians.

OOC:
@Chineswarlord: You were not late, I do not usually update until the next day so you have all day of the order deadline to send in orders. I have already moved your character to Carthage so you can begin negotiations whenever you are ready.

@Patchy: I sent you a PM.

Next deadline is Saturday March 30th.

Edit: Stats will be updated in 12 hours. I need sleep. Also, I realized I forgot the population numbers for the Regions so that will be added along with an explanation of it in the ruleset.

To Carthage
From Marcellus

I am pleased to be an ambassador of Rome to your great nation. However, your searching Roman ships for war materials does concern us. Some have started preparing for war. You say the goal is to look for weapons of war in the ships. But all you are doing is increasing tensions between our two nations, thus increasing the likelihood of war between us. Hopefully we can come to a suitable agreement.

To Marcellus

Carthage would rather discuss this privately, between Rome's representative and Carthage's King. Therefore they have set aside a room in the Grand Palace to allow you to speak on equal terms.

OOC: I will send you a PM.

Another note I should add, this NES will continue upon deadline, regardless of whether orders are sent or not. Those that do not send orders will not be eliminated or killed off, their families will remain in Rome they just will not be doing much and will be gaining negative traits quickly.

Stats are being worked on now and should be up by the hour.

Stats are done: I added your characters location next to your characters, since I have no idea where your Estates are I simply put in Estates, in your next order set inform me where your estates are in from the region and city list above your stats page, I will then edit your histories to include this and change your other characters locations.

I just noticed, the spending that we did on the navies was around 2.4M, just .4M over our income. So why did our wealth get docked by around 2M? Did we also spend another 2M on something else?

Also how long does it take for ships to get built?

You got upkeep to pay as well. The Legions are not cheap to maintain.

As soon as the Administrators give contracts out to their cities that have ports construction will begin, usually it should take about 1-4 months, depending on how many contracts a city gets. NPC administrators will give them out almost immediately in the update after order is received from Senate, PC administrators will need to state them in their orders before ships are built.

oh, thought income was how much we are making in surplus, not our total revenue.

March 263: War or Peace?

The month began with intense negotiations between Rome and Carthage with many offers and counter-offers, though a breakthrough may have been achieved, nothing has been finalized as we enter March.

Meanwhile in Sicily, the situation is still perilous, Sicilian residents feeling oppressed by the presence of Carthaginian forts and the inability of Rome to support them have caused them to assault a fort, the Sicilians were massacred with over 500 dead, but they did succeed in burning down a Carthaginian fort and forcing a general withdrawal of Carthaginian forces along the lines. The Sicilians celebrated their victory with great bonfires of abandoned watchtowers, though the other forts were still held by small garrison troops on high alert the Sicilians were riding high.

In Rome, the Senate appears be in quiet mode, despite a Consular request to move troops into Sicily the Senate appeared to just squabble amongst themselves concerning negotiations with Carthage. The Southern Region has begun construction of the ships and have created the Mediterranean Fleet. Contractors believe construction will be finished in 4 months. Though Aurelius has yet to issue orders to his contractors to build the Republic's ships, thus he has earned the trait Lazy and has raised questions about his ability to run such a valuable region. The 4th Legio has reached full strength and is ready to march. It has joined the 2nd Legio in the Central Range and awaiting orders. With the 4th Legio fully staffed this leaves Rome with more expenses than income. The Senate must decide how resolve this issue.

In personal news, Cato has bought 10 Merchant ships and have begun selling goods around Italy, making large profits of 5,000 extra sesterces a month. The One-God prophet Julious has bought a branch office in Rome and attempted to buy a farm within the city limits of Rome, finding he was unable to do so, due to Roman Regional Law, he instead built it in the Central Range as close to Rome as possible, his new farm now sits roughly a half days ride east from Rome. He has also spread the wealth among the poor of Rome, gifting 40,000 of his own Sesterces to them, preaching love and support of the One True God. Many of the poor simply take the money and walk away, few actually listen. Julious gains 40 followers.

OOC:
@ChineseWarlord, Only administrators of Regions can build Administrator's Palaces. If you wanted an expansion of your estate let me know in the next 24 hours and I will do so. Here are the prices for them:
Estate Expansions: (These are rough estimates, you are free to pay between the two prices or even lower or more if you want.)
Small: 15,000
Mediocre: 25,000
Large-Fancy: 50,000
New Estate: 100,000 for small; 150,000 for mediocre; 200,000 for large-fancy.

@All Senators: Make sure you check the top of the debates thread in the Social group for new discussions. I bring them up in the Updates, but it seems in the Halls of Senate they are forgotten and NPC senators will not bring them up.

Stats updated.

Next orders due Tuesday April 2nd.

Philipos was a bit worried about the situation. Only 40 people were converted. But Julious was not worried, at all. ''Even if we manage to reveal to 1 man the truth of the one and only God, our mission will be a success. And we managed to reveal the truth to 40 men. So, this is a huge success.''

Now, we have to not rest, but instead preach more and more. the more people saved, the better the world will become.

''Meditation is the way humans can communicate with God and clean their mind'' Julious said to his 44 students. ''There is not ''I can not manage to not think anything.'' There is not ''I will try''. There is only I want or I do not want to think of something. We are the ones who control our mind, not the opposite.''

All the students sit down, close their eyes and start to meditate. ''Do not think. Forget everything. Have your mind to concentrate on your goal. Once you manage this, you will be able to communicate with the God.''

Twenty hours later

''Open your eyes'' Julious said ''What did you see?''

All students said the same thing. A fire talking to them in a language they could not understand. Everyone was confused. But Julious was happy.

Sorry for the delay, the update should be up tonight.

Top Bottom