Alexander the Great Scenario: Civs and Leaders Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's Porus - Indian Leader...

It's not finished yet...
Give me short suggestions how to dress this Eastern boy...
Do I supposed to give him a turban??

And generally... Is this our Porus??:)

Attachments

• porus.jpg
    porus.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 269
I've made Demosthenes a bit thiner - I think he looks more nobel now... And made him more angry...

Attachments

• demostenesnew3.jpg
    demostenesnew3.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 266
Piernik; I love the leader heads- for the Phoneticans an asyrian style would probably be apropriate, the last bout of assyrian militarism had spread the Asyrian culture throughout the middle east while at the same time bringing the Assyrian empire to an end. The phoneticains and Persians were both successors to the Assyrians though the phonetians were more Hellenized (Greek) than the Persians.
For the Indian leaderhead I'm not sure about the pre Mauryan Indians, but the mauryans tended towards big black beards (leaving the upper cheeks bare) and long hair (short hair is definately frowned uppon in Indian tradition) Perhaps a turban would be good, but I think if you can do a good long hair effect that would be better.

Piernik - Porus looks good. Here are my suggestions:

- much darker skin. Ancient Indians were in general darker than today on average (I don't know why more are lighter today). Not necessarily African looking, but quite dark.
- Give him some hair! :lol: You can try giving him a turban, but I'm not sure how it would look. If you want you can try it and post a preview for us to critique. I think longer, dark hair would be nice. Just look at some pics of Indians nowadays for the way they style their hair and what kindo fhair they have. But like SM said, make sure its long (but not hippie long :)).
- Take away some of the shine on his face
- put him in different clothing. I'm not sure what. Maybe some of the lurkers/knowledgeables can give us some pointers here.

And I'm curious - these are animated (or eventually will be), right?

--Ex

While I was waiting for suggestions concerning Porus I've tried to make Sprithridetes...
To be honest... there's something I don't like in him... It's probably eyes but not for sure...

Exsanguination: Leaders will be animated (Demosthenes is already now), but I want first to make them look best...

Attachments

• spritridet.jpg
    spritridet.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 255
LOL @ Piernik!!!...with a darker hair + beard and with a bigger nose, that Demosthenes picture sould look like a Slav[polish, russian etc] or a jew! :D:D:D

[Moderator, plz dont edit my post, this isnt a racist post]

Actually Piernik, Gorg is right. If you make those little mods, that picts is totally like a slav or a jew. People could use that leaderhead as a slav or a jew leaderhead than.

So what?? I can't get your point.
All I want to do is to make them look like a Greek or Arabian... if they do look like that it's good. If not I'll try to make few changes, but tell me what is wrong??

Originally posted by Gorgoroth
LOL @ Piernik!!!...with a darker hair + beard and with a bigger nose, that Demosthenes picture sould look like a Slav[polish, russian etc] or a jew! :D:D:D

And if you added a star of david, maybe a rabbi's robe...

Don't worry Piernik, he looks great. He does have a slight semblance of a Jewish person; but I doubt ANYONE else could have done a better job on good ole Demosthenes. He looks great.

On Spithridates: You're right, his eyes are a little awkward. I know why though (;)) - they're a tad too big. He looks like an innocent little child right now. Narrow his eyes and perhaps rough up his complexion a bit (maybe some dirt or very fine wrinkles sprinkled about). Also give him some light armor over the generic white shirt; nothing too heavy. Remember, these are ancient people - just getting into the use of real armor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here are the descriptions I posted in the Main Thread for your reference:

Demosthenes: see below. Put him in a white sash; make him professional and noble-looking. Background: The Athenian Acropolis and/or the Parthenon would be perfect.

King Agis III: Very 'kingly' - gown, purple (?) coat/cape/crown; relatively stocky (not fat); coarse beard, medium-length black hair. Background: Inside a throne room.

Sprithridates: Phoenician, maritime look; tanned skin; military outfit - helmet, light armor. Background: Beach, maybe with a ship in the background.

Azimilik: Much the same as Spithridates, but give him a slightly different look. Perhaps a bit more kingly. Background: On a high terrace overlooking the ocean (to represent Tyre).

Mazacses: I guess you could look at Ramses or Tutankhamen for a basis. Egyptian-looking, VERY wealthy and over-the-top (typical Persian look) - maybe jewels, crown, thick, 'pretty' clothing; dark tanned skin. Background: Clay throne room.

Porus: East Indian-looking; gruff and stocky (again, not fat); I don't know whether a turban would work, but maybe; make him look like a military-man :lol: - but don't put him in armor. Background: Jungle.

Chorienes: God, I don't know! Dark-skinned, tribal looking maybe? Nothing too fancy, kinda like Hiawatha of the Iroquois; but put some royal clothing on him (he was the leader of Sogdiana, was he not?). Except make him look tough and mean. Background: A camp on a plain.

Gerrha: Arabian-like. Turban maybe? Base him off of the Arabian leaderhead from PTW. Background: Desert, sun.

I think thats all. The most important leaderheads by far are Demosthenes, Porus, and Spithridates in that order. But any of them would be nice. Just let us know which project(s) you are working on.

Everyone - if you have ANY pictures or information on what these leadrs *actually* looked like, PLEASE drop us a line. Most of these descriptions are very stereotypical and just based on how I'd imagine them looking. I don't care how off my descriptions are, I want them to lookas REAL as possible. Any info appreciated!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I want everyone to post critiques here! Where is the Strategos? I think he'd be quite useful in this thread :). The biggest issue we have is what these people actually looked like. If any of you have an ideas or know anything useful, bring it on!

--Ex

I'll add him a armour... but I don't know how to dress Porus... I have no idea...

One more... Do You have some information how old they were - some dates of birth would bo helpful...

And getting back to Egypt;) do I really can make him (Mazacses)that rich?? It was fall of the Egipt as I know... And was he pharaon??

Wow I love these leaderheads! I would use these instead of the firaxis ones!! I like ghengis farbs leaderheads but he always seems so obsessed with huge breasts And his male leaderheads tend to look like American wrestlers (Like Hulk hogan).

Sprithridetes looks great.. Perhaps with slightly smaller eyes. With big eyes his beard looks a bit too "friendly" like father christmas. I think if you make his eyes a bit smaller his beard will start to look satisfyingly sinister.

Originally posted by Smoking mirror
Wow I love these leaderheads! I would use these instead of the firaxis ones!!

Funny, cause I'm trying to get as close as possible to firaxis' ones:)

I like ghengis farbs leaderheads but he always seems so obsessed with huge breasts And his male leaderheads tend to look like American wrestlers (Like Hulk hogan).

The same as me;)

Sprithridetes looks great.. Perhaps with slightly smaller eyes. With big eyes his beard looks a bit too "friendly" like father christmas. I think if you make his eyes a bit smaller his beard will start to look satisfyingly sinister.

I'll try to make some changes

Piernik, your leaderheads are terrific. :goodjob: I love 'em.

Originally posted by Piernik
Here's Porus - Indian Leader...

It's not finished yet...
Give me short suggestions how to dress this Eastern boy...
Do I supposed to give him a turban??

Here's a picture of Alexander fighting the Indians (forgive me if you've seen it before).

India was a caste society even back in 300 BC, and in the front rank you can see hereditary warriors of the kshatriya caste, most of them with short black beards and moustaches and their hair in a 'top-knot' as a sign of their caste. However, in the second rank is a noble with a type of turban holding aloft a spear-standard, also with a short beard and moustache.

I hope this is of some use to you.
Keep up the good work. :)

Attachments

• indian_hair.gif
    indian_hair.gif
    41.1 KB · Views: 234
Who said those leader heads sucks? However Demosthenes must look like a slav or a jew? BLEH!
Thx for God, that this is only a scenario LoL.

Moderator Action: You are banned. Such racist comments are not allowed at CFC. That goes for everyone regarding every race.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Mortifer, with your obviously vastly superior knowledge, would you care to tell us what these ancient leaders did look like? :rolleyes:
Why do I get the impression that you think that
all the leaders in Civ3 should be blond haired and blue eyed....

Attachments

• horses_arse.gif
    horses_arse.gif
    43.5 KB · Views: 216
Originally posted by Kryten
Mortifer, with your obviously vastly superior knowledge, would you care to tell us what these ancient leaders did look like? :rolleyes:
Why do I get the impression that you think that
all the leaders in Civ3 should be blond haired and blue eyed....

:lol::lol::lol:

I love it! I think that animation should be made into a smiley!

Thank You Kryten for inspiration;)

I've made him a clothing, couse I thought he is important so why not...

Like it??

Attachments

• porus2.jpg
    porus2.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 195
Piernik, you should make era changing leaderheads when you are done with these great ones. I, for one, do not wish to download a full mod or scenario just to get a great leaderhead (I am downloading the Polish mod, just for the leaderhead, city names, and Hussar, for my personal game).

LOL I didnt wanted to start a racist war sorry guys. I dont really care, it was just funny that poor Demosthenes almost looks like a slav or a jew. Oh well.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom