All leader portraits

They did in a very short time choose independence in the beginning of the 20th century (well, as a puppet state of Japan Empire in WWII). I am not sure about Corsican but the fact that Manchurians have a distinctive ethnic background that is different from our recognition as Chinese makes them not a very good representation of China. On the other hand, Manchurian civilization (or Jurchens) existed long before Qing Dynasty. They also established Jin Dynasty in the 12th century which ended North Song and coexisted with Mongols and South Song Dynasty. Their ancestors Xianbei also coexisted with Han Dynasty and Huns. They could well be their own civ similar to Mongols and Huns.

senshidenshi's The Manchu: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729308497

I believe you're confusing Qin for Qing (which, as far as I know in English, is pronounced the same way. Pinyin is weird that way). Two totally different dynasties.

Qin and Qing are both pronounced as would be read in English. They are not the same.

Pinyin is very clear. Some of the Chinese sounds don't exist in English, but that doesn't mean they are pronounced the same.

Have people tried completely different leaders for B5? Its the last one on its page, so maybe its out of alphabetic order?

Have people tried completely different leaders for B5? Its the last one on its page, so maybe its out of alphabetic order?

Nobody promised alphabetical order, so yes, it could be out of it. Also, with the case of double Spanish leaders, we know the board could have inconsistent information. Finally, since 2 leaders are represented with in-game models, this could be in-game model or concept art.

So, it's like we'll be unable to find exactly matching picture and will be just speculating around until the civ will be finally released.

Finally, since 2 leaders are represented with in-game models, this could be in-game model or concept art.

Yes, but why does B1 look like the in-game foreign/diplomacy/espionage advisor art? Is it just coincidence? Probably, but it's still weird.

Yes, but why does B1 look like the in-game foreign/diplomacy/espionage advisor art? Is it just coincidence? Probably, but it's still weird.

It looks like concept art. Before making actual 3D model, designers draw several concept sketches. Probably the video caught the board at this stage - 2 leaders with already implemented models, 1 in sketch phase and the rest are reference pictures.

So either this part of the video was taken relatively early or the board wasn't updated for some time. Or both.

EDIT: one interesting consequence is - if B5 and C5 are concept arts, they should be at quite advanced stage at the time of taking the board shot. So:
- They should be in the base game, not DLC.
- They should be already chosen (unlike Spain, for example).
- They are likely to have higher priority than most of the civs, so probably they were in the original plan to be revealed relatively early. Probably somewhere near Scythia. But the plan could ended up being affected by the reveal.

Yep, Barbarossa confirmed... which, personally is a bit disappointing, part of me wishes that the photo board was a practical joke on all of us obsessive compulsive types... it would appear that is not the case though. We are are now what 9 from 9??

It does fit alphabetically! So B1 is not Cleo of Egypt but "Diplomacy Advisor". That means Cleo is not under Egypt on the board but under the civ name of "Prolemaic Egypt" and thus C5 is showing Cleo. I knew I saw breasts on this picture. :D

Fiji, Vanuatu, and New Caledonia are Melanesian, not Polynesian.

Good point, I always forget the difference. Well, still, that is a list of Pacific Island nations I think it would be cool to see!

They did in a very short time choose independence in the beginning of the 20th century (well, as a puppet state of Japan Empire in WWII). I am not sure about Corsican but the fact that Manchurians have a distinctive ethnic background that is different from our recognition as Chinese makes them not a very good representation of China. On the other hand, Manchurian civilization (or Jurchens) existed long before Qing Dynasty. They also established Jin Dynasty in the 12th century which ended North Song and coexisted with Mongols and South Song Dynasty. Their ancestors Xianbei also coexisted with Han Dynasty and Huns. They could well be their own civ similar to Mongols and Huns.

They didn't choose independence; that was WW2 Japanese propaganda.

Regarding the leader board, the reveal of Germans under Barbarrossa is yet more proof the board is correct. So far, every reveal has co firmed what was on this board. Now, what I am most interested to see is Spain; we are less sure about the leader for that.

Regarding the leader board, the reveal of Germans under Barbarrossa is yet more proof the board is correct. So far, every reveal has co firmed what was on this board. Now, what I am most interested to see is Spain; we are less sure about the leader for that.

Not only this, but also Tomyris and Barbarossa are actually designed around those particular images used on the board.

Which will give us an assyrian-style Gilgamesh... again:cry:
And a wrong Isabella :lol:

Amazing to have Firaxis spend their time designing and animating leaders, but research is reduced to 'whatever pops up on the first row of google'.

Amazing to have Firaxis spend their time designing and animating leaders, but research is reduced to 'whatever pops up on the first row of google'.

It's work in progress board and in case of Spain (if we understand it right) - it's the stage of choosing a leader. Deeper research usually comes a bit later.

I really hope they've learned from Civ5 Sweden mistake :)

Good point, I always forget the difference. Well, still, that is a list of Pacific Island nations I think it would be cool to see!

Why Vanuatu, and New Caledonia? I mean representation with the Pacific Island is okay, but any reason specifically? And about New Caledonia's leader why not The Kanak people then instead of an over seas territory?

Barbarossa is NOT strictly based on the picture on the leaderboard!

This is the matching picture:
Spoiler :

Kinda similar, but look at this:

Spoiler :

Barbarossa is NOT strictly based on the picture on the leaderboard!

You're right. Looks like combination of both.

Top Bottom