1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All Quiet on the Civ Front

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duuk, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haig

Haig Deity

Civ 6 is currently 6. best selling game on Steam, so definately it encourages the publishers to keep on truckin' with the game.

They are just busy doing.. something at the moment, Patch and or Expansion.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  2. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

a frenzy of updates to the XCOM 2 TLE depot, even after work hours

RohirrimElf likes this.
  3. EditorRex

EditorRex Master of Allusion

If you look at the expansion packs for Civ starting with III and continuing through IV, V and VI, it's been very consistent.
    Vanilla base game came out and took the game in a some new directions compared to previous versions, but had some game balance issues and some sense that things were missing.
    Next a first expansion pack came out and added something relatively new to the game -- UU for III, a new espionage system for IV, a new religion system for V, and golden and dark ages for VI
    Then a much bigger expansion pack came out. The legacy of that game version was generally judged based on its quality after this second expansion pack. I never played Conquests in III, which was my least favorite release in general. But Beyond the Sword and Brave New World clearly did remarkable new things with the original concept and are the Civ versions I most often hear lauded as the game's best, whether here on the forums or in reviewers' lists of all-time great games. I predict that Fireaxis is at work on a an expansion pack that will rise to that standard. I do not predict that they will be successful, but I'm hopeful.

For what it's worth, I still believe the most fun I ever had playing CIv was with II in the '90s. But it was a game of a different time and wouldn't hold up well today. I will admit that BTW and BNW were the most complete and satisfying versions of the game ever. I sometimes think that one was better and sometimes the other. I hope VI's next expansion takes us to at least that level.

4. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

@EditorRex I agree there a lot of reasons to be hopeful, particularly given the experience on previous interations which you’ve summarised. Fingers crossed.

5. bbbt

bbbt Deity

It looks like there was a QA update - next patch? Or work on the PC side of xplatform?

Kimiimaro and Haig like this.
  6. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

@Eagle Pursuit ?

Kimiimaro likes this.
  7. h0nk0815

h0nk0815 Warlord

Before new civs arrive I'd rather like to get the old dlcs. Any chance they will be reduced during the summer sale?

8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Yeah, we have discussed it in the "next patch expectations thread", because at this point it appears to only be a patch.

9. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Where is this thread?

10. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

To be clear, everyone lost their minds over the last patch. So, I'm not sure I'd use the word "only".

If there is another patch, I assume it will at a minimum fix the following issues:

- England will now also get a free unit every time they build an aqueduct, zoo and or a new aerodrome building called a "HollidayInn".

- Immortals will be unable to make either ranged or melee attacks, but will gain 2 builder charges. They can only use those charges to build fisheries.

- City States will be armed with Machine Guns from the ancient era onwards. They will not be afraid to use them.

- Placing a Neighbourhood over a farm will now grant you 10,000 gold per cow and a free space port. Also, a free melee unit. ... no, sorry, that's just for England again. My mistake.

- The AI will now build planes and aerodromes. Sadly, it will try using them to found a religion.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  11. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

12. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

I'd worship the "God of that Noisy Thing that Keeps Flying over my Head".

Kimiimaro likes this.
  13. Eagle Pursuit

Ah. A cargo cult.

Kjimmet, ChocolateShake, tzu and 3 others like this.
  14. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

No, no. The Cult of the Iron Bird.

AvianBritish and WillowBrook like this.
  15. GandhisRevenge

GandhisRevenge Chieftain

Hahahahaha!!! Love it!

16. altayrneto

altayrneto Prince

Spoiler :

May th Iron Bird bless us all!

Kjimmet, Rotomagus and Kimiimaro like this.
  17. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

The linux depots are still cycling around atm.
    The Cult of the Iron Penguin with Fearless Leader, Tux.

tzu likes this.
  18. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

I hope we get DLC between R&F and the second expansion. New Civ's would be really nice, but at least some map packs would be cool.

19. Eagle Pursuit

Aspyr said today on Steam that the Mac patch is right around the corner and Linux is right after. I would guess by the end of the month.

20. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

While I would love a DLC between R&F and the next EP, I highly doubt it, it seems obvious that we'll see EP2 announced in Winter/Late Fall and no DLCs in between, since they seem to continue the same business model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.