All Things Harry Potter

Sommerswerd

Shades of the Sun
Supporter
My only quibble with it is that they would not have had an electric lamp in the house, as wizards don't use electricity.
What about Ron's radio? The one he and Harry get into a fight over because Harry is sick of hearing the bad news and Ron wants to hear news of his siblings.

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
What about Ron's radio? The one he and Harry get into a fight over because Harry is sick of hearing the bad news and Ron wants to hear news of his siblings.
It runs on magic. The wizarding world doesn't understand things like Muggle radio or TV.

Sommerswerd

Shades of the Sun
Supporter
Don't know what to make of this. It seems like the Fantastic Beasts part of these new movies have increasing taken a backseat to stories more closely connected to the Harry Potter universe.

Title reveal for the third Fantastic Beasts movie

I'm still trying to figure out what "crimes" were shown in The Crimes of Grindelwald so I'm wondering if this The Secrets of Dumbledore will actually have any secrets in it at all. :think:

In any case, its another movie to watch with the kids, so that's always a plus.

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
The more fanfic I read, the less liking I have for Dumbledore.

Sommerswerd

Shades of the Sun
Supporter
Dumbledore was a shady, manipulative bastard. He was certainly a powerful, impressive and brilliant badass, but he was not at all the noble, benevolent, benefactor that he first appears to be. That's made clear in the story-proper, without even getting into the extended universe.

Takhisis

¡Patria y vida!
I'm still trying to figure out what "crimes" were shown in The Crimes of Grindelwald so I'm wondering if this The Secrets of Dumbledore will actually have any secrets in it at all. :think:
You already know what his crimes are; if you showed them on the screen you'd end up with tougher ratings for a film series that is meant to be family-friendly (see below):
Sommerswerd said:
In any case, its another movie to watch with the kids, so that's always a plus.
Don't you have enough children that they can babysit each other, i.e. more than 1, by this point?! ;)

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
I was having a pleasant conversation about fanfiction with someone on a Harry Potter YT channel, when this came up in my recommendations. It's not my preferred style of music, but it is a succinct summation of all 8 movies, and is a nice homage to Alan Rickman:

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
Top Bottom