Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Having seen the entire run of New Tricks, I would kill for Lawson to bring McAndrew's sass.

…but we're not paying you anything!

Oh, I see.

(NSFW language)

Two questions I feel like an idiot for asking. It is about Episode II, Attack of the Clones (Prequels)

1) What was Jango Fett's motive for trying to kill Obi Wan on Kamino? During their conversation it seemed like they were on good terms.

2) What made him want to go to Geonosis?

Two questions I feel like an idiot for asking. It is about Episode II, Attack of the Clones (Prequels)

1) What was Jango Fett's motive for trying to kill Obi Wan on Kamino? During their conversation it seemed like they were on good terms.

2) What made him want to go to Geonosis?
I haven't seen it in a long while, but unless my timeline is wrong, Jango already knows who Obi-Wan is due to the assassination sub-plot on Coruscant. He knows Obi-Wan isn't there to claim the Clone Army, and that Obi-Wan is there following Jango's trail.

Regarding the second question, do you mean Jango? Probably just on retainer for the Confederacy's lieutenants. But also, I believe it's mentioned at one point that the Trade Federation won't join until Amidala is dead, which was Jango's job.

Yes I did mean Jango. And thanks.

TIL that the opening crawl of the original movie, "In a galaxy far far away," was actually two foot high letters cut from gold colored paper and laid out on black sheets, then shot from a rolling camera. A testament to how technology has changed over the span of the "Star Wars phenomena."

For the final trailer, of the final movie of a nine movie saga, this trailer was...underwhelming. :undecide:
Actually, the number has already (I can finally say this) gone up to eleven.

I don't think they were on the hull of a star destroyer. Can't say where they were particularly, but they weren't there.

I think the 2nd screenshot below shows pretty clearly that they are on some sort of ship. Considering they are surrounded by star destroyers I think it's a safe bet that is the ship that they are on.

Spoiler Our heroes ride their noble steeds into battle :
upload_2019-10-21_23-46-2.png

upload_2019-10-21_23-45-24.png

Um, actually, no there are only nine "saga" movies. Solo & RO are not part of what Lucasfilm considers the Skywalker Saga.
Ah, I was counting the films already released: the eight numbered ones (well, seven numbered ones plus the original), Rogue One, Solo, and the animated Clone Wars one.

Last edited:
I think the 2nd screenshot below shows pretty clearly that they are on some sort of ship. Considering they are surrounded by star destroyers I think it's a safe bet that is the ship that they are on.

Spoiler Our heroes ride their noble steeds into battle :

Well, one possible answer is "Gadzooks! Good catch! That stop action is really hard to dispute so they might actually be that stupid." It should be noted that this seems a very reasonable answer because I've never really sold short on how stupid they could be.

But maybe they are on some sort of base structure thing being attacked by the star destroyers?

#GraspingAtStraws

It does look like the hull of a Star Destroyer.

I dont know what to make of this trailer. Everything looks very pretty, but that's not necessarily reassuring that the movie will be any good.

Massive spoiler
Spoiler :

The recent leaks and rumours...

Mandolorian schedule -

1st reaction -

Before a brand spankin' new trailer for STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER debuts later this Monday evening, a batch of first reactions to Jon Favreau's Star Wars series, THE MANDALORIAN, have arrived! Members of the press got an extended look at the first-ever live-action Star Wars series, which finds Pedro Pascal starring as a bounty hunter roaming the Outer Rim territories after the fall of the Empire.

When looking at the reactions that've surfaced so far, it sounds as if THE MANDALORIAN is the real deal. Many critics are in agreement that the series has the look and feel of any other major Star Wars release, which I think speaks volumes about the show's technical prowess and visual polish. Several who were fortunate enough to view roughly 25-minutes of the pilot episode also take care to mention that Pascal's character is an intriguing lead to follow through this new addition to the Star Wars universe. But don't take my word for it. You can read the reactions for yourself down below:

Saw almost 30 minutes of #TheMandalorian footage this morning. It's truly incredible. It looks like the films, feels innately Star Wars, introduces new concepts, and adds layers that people have been waiting to see for a long time. pic.twitter.com/4JVB16pMAL

— Mansoor Mithaiwala (@MansoorAYM) October 19, 2019
Oh wow THE MANDALORIAN footage looks incredible. We saw IG-88 attacking, we saw Salacious Crumb being barbecued for a meal. And Werner Herzog as some sort of galactic gangster who has his own team Stormtroopers

— Mike Ryan (@mikeryan) April 14, 2019
Just saw almost 30 minutes of #TheMandalorian’s pilot episode. It feels like a thrilling return to the original trilogy era of Star Wars. It feels like a big scale movie, not a tv series. They are still keeping a lot of mystery with deliberate cuts in the footage.

— Peter Sciretta (@slashfilm) October 19, 2019
THE MANDALORIAN footage was hands-down THE most exciting thing I saw at #SWCC this year. Holy horsehocky. Gobsmacked by it. Stand by for my report on @bmoviesd.

— Scott Wampler™ ð??? (@ScottWamplerBMD) April 14, 2019
Y’all know me. Know how I earn a livin’. Know I’m not the biggest STAR WARS guy. But lemme tell ya: THE MANDALORIAN footage looked fudging *awesome*. #SWCC

— Scott Wampler™ ð??? (@ScottWamplerBMD) April 14, 2019
Just watched close to 25 minutes of footage from #TheMandalorian. It’s very cool and atmospheric - sometimes evoking the vibe of Rogue One (which I adore). The title character is instantly fascinating and there are great action and suspense moments, including some Predator vibes

— Eerie Eric Goldman (@TheEricGoldman) October 19, 2019
Reliving my childhood Saturday mornings watching Star Wars. The 30 so minutes of #TheMandalorian footage we saw was incredibly cool. The samurai-infused space western you've always wanted with an ice cold lead, a bunch of rad creatures, and a killer score @ludwiggoransson â?¨ pic.twitter.com/FBcJf9II6P

— Rosie Knight of The Comet ð??¥ (@RosieMarx) October 19, 2019
Saw ~27 minutes of #TheMandalorian footage this morning. Always difficult to make sense of a bunch of disconnected scenes but it looks intense, surprisingly dark and very expensive.

— Lindsey Bahr (@ldbahr) October 19, 2019
This is the Star Wars thing I've been waiting for! While I love the Skywalker saga, I've wanted to see new characters and places explored in depth which can only be done over multiple episodes in a series format. Cannot wait to see more of @themandalorian. pic.twitter.com/exRmsLTYzU

— Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) October 19, 2019
Saw 27 minutes of @themandalorian. It's as awesome as you want it to be. Can't say anything specific but one scene answered a question that I don't think has ever been explained/shown in any @starwars movie. Love that it opens up the Star Wars universe in a cool new way. pic.twitter.com/vTxC427sVi

— Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) October 19, 2019
Wow. #TheMandalorian is completely amazing. Saw nearly a half hour of footage from what I was told were the first three episodes. Whoever you think Nick Nolte is ... the answer will surprise you. pic.twitter.com/jh3CpZnMW2

— Drew Taylor (@DrewTailored) October 19, 2019
Just watched 27 minutes of Mandalorian footage and legit cried. Can’t say much but — This is real and it’s happening and it feels SO FREAKING STAR WARS pic.twitter.com/A56KJBc1GH

— Ash Crossan (@AshCrossan) October 19, 2019

Last edited:
I'm tempted to look at the spoilers but I want to at least give the movie a fair shot when I go see it in two months. :lol: As fair a shot I can really give it, I guess.

Thus far I haven't read any of the leaks, although I know one of them involves Kylo Ren in some capacity. I also know that the expected public response will be "worse than the response to TLJ and the latest season of GoT," which isn't encouraging.

Top Bottom