• Total voters
Vincent_and_Bob.png
+
Twiki.png
+
Claptrap_Borderlands.png
=
counterpart-quiz-tall-v3.png

I did enjoy the first three episodes more than any of the other recent shows (maybe Mandalorian was as good). I liked the fact that it has taken time to establish the characters and settings without diving into the rebellion storyline. It's like a day in the life of "normal" people living in the Star Wars universe under the Empire.

S'funny, something the other day made me think of Maximilian, can't remember what it was now, but I'd forgotten entirely about Bob and Vincent. Maximilian scared the [stink] out of me when I was a kid. :eek: I may have been scarred for life. :lol:

Anyway, I think B2 is great, a good addition to the lineup of Star Wars droids. After the end of ep.3, I'm assuming we won't see him again, but you never know.

I also reckon the beat up look and color scheme chosen for the new droid in Andor, is not accidental at all. It really does remind you of the droid on the ship in The Black Hole. :)

It'll be interesting if we will pick up other potential in-jokes or references in Andor as it progresses.

@EgonSpengler
Spoiler :
surely you know that Andor will join up with another 'artificial companion' in the future, so it follows that B2 will exit the story somehow...

S'funny, something the other day made me think of Maximilian, can't remember what it was now, but I'd forgotten entirely about Bob and Vincent. Maximilian scared the [stink] out of me when I was a kid. :eek: I may have been scarred for life. :lol:

Anyway, I think B2 is great, a good addition to the lineup of Star Wars droids. After the end of ep.3, I'm assuming we won't see him again, but you never know.

That's funny, Egon. I remember seeing Psycho when I was kid and it scared the hell out of me. Not long after I saw The Black Hole on TV and thought it was poetic irony when Maximillian turned Anthony Perkins into fish bait.

@EgonSpengler
Spoiler :
surely you know that Andor will join up with another 'artificial companion' in the future, so it follows that B2 will exit the story somehow...

Spoiler :
Have they confirmed if ¿KSSO? is going to be in the show? I haven't seen any promotional material for this so not sure what's in store.

I noticed the first ep started with "BBY 5." I had to look that up. That's the year. "Before the Battle of Yavin" (when the first Death Star was destroyed). I'm not sure I've encountered it before, or if I did, it didn't stick in my brain.
Hahaha, yeah I saw that and I thought unless someone has some engagement beyond the movies they're not gonna get it.

Yeah, but in this day and age the makers of the show can rely on people quickly getting the smartphone out to research what BBY is and so ‘engage’™ more.

Andor humming along nicely through 5 episodes. Extremely well-written show.
Spoiler :
I really liked the "calm before the storm" of ep 5. It's the pace of some Westerns and war movies, where the inevitable shootout has to be at the end, because when it happens, it's going to be nasty.

Google says "The axe forgets, but the tree remembers" is an African proverb, but doesn't provide much more info than that. It's a good line, wherever it came from. Sometimes written "The axe forgets what the tree remembers."

I like that the early stages of the Rebellion are kind of shoddy. These guys aren't exactly the IMF, are they? And I love that Dedra thinks she's seeing a conspiracy, a pattern. "If it were me, this is how I'd do it. Spread it out. Make it look random." "Too random to be random." What she doesn't realize is that these far-flung sparks of discontent and resistance are disconnected, but they're not random. Lots of people are becoming angry, each for their own reasons, all across the Empire, because the Empire breeds resentment, every day, everywhere, in so many different ways.

I loved the scene with the TIE Fighter, even more than the one in the last episode. The TIE Fighters in this show are big and loud and daunting, and yet can still sneak up on you.

I'm wondering now if each 'chapter' of this series will feature a new cast of supporting characters, with Cassian being the only common thread throughout. Only one of the characters from the first 3 eps have made an appearance in 4-5, and in a disconnected story (which I assume will loop back around eventually). At the same time, I'm guessing that most or all of the crew in these last two episodes are going to die in the next episode. If you Google "cast of Andor", you see a lot of people we haven't met yet (potential spoilers therein, if you're trying to remain totally in the dark - I haven't looked at the show's IMDb page for the same reason; IMDb puts the episode count of each cast member of a series right on the cast list).

Last edited:
I love that star wars's idea of a sci fi milk churn is a kelly kettle. They are a good way of boiling water in the woods.

Amazing episode, even though very little action happened.

Spoiler :
Slightly disagree about disconnected resistance, people like Mothma and Luthen are connecting things and making sure everything stays under the radar.

Amazing episode, even though very little action happened.

Spoiler :
Slightly disagree about disconnected resistance, people like Mothma and Luthen are connecting things and making sure everything stays under the radar.
Spoiler :
They are, yes, but one of the threads in this series is that the resistance to the Empire is pervasive, and the Rebel Alliance we know from the first trilogy is only one group of many. In the end, they're the most successful at getting their stuff together and assembling a fleet. We got a glimpse of another resistance group when we met Saw Guerrera, and when Cassian first meets Luthen, he asks him which faction he's with (and in Luna's delivery of the line, I got the sense that the 3 names he rattled off were just the 3 that were off the top of his head and he could have named more). Luthan is organizing people, yes, but he's recruiting people who are, in a sense, already part of the rebellion and just don't know there's a group to join.

Then, in this episode, we're told that everybody has their own individual horror story, their own motivation for wanting to fight the Empire. I loved Moss-Bachrach's line, "I used to hate the Empire. I don't know what to call how I feel about them now." His contempt for the Empire goes back before they casually killed his brother.

Side note: It seemed to me as though Luthan went looking for Cassian. How did he know about Cassian? Had to be Bix. Didn't it? Maybe we'll see her again.

Side note: Ebon Moss-Bachrach's real name sounds like a Star Wars character. :lol:

Spoiler :
I loved the scene with the TIE Fighter, even more than the one in the last episode. The TIE Fighters in this show are big and loud and daunting, and yet can still sneak up on you.

My thought was they should have made a noise IRL and not just added it post production. The sheep did not react at all. I think the Jacob sheep do a good job as aliens though.

I am enjoying it, but it really is exasperatingly slow. I think they could have done at least the first 'arc' in 2 rather than three episodes. Perhaps the second one does need the time, but it feels like everything's drawn out so long.

Boba Fett wasn't slow, it was just bad.

The first arc could have been banged out in twenty minutes. Almost none of it was relevant.

I also love how they exploit the sound of TIE fighters to the fullest. Ben Burtt's original howling sound design is reminiscent of the sirens of Stuka dive bombers from WW2.

You should be terrified when one of these things suddenly appear.

Spoiler :
Side note: It seemed to me as though Luthan went looking for Cassian. How did he know about Cassian? Had to be Bix. Didn't it? Maybe we'll see her again.
Andor: I found the answer to this question.
Spoiler :
It was Bix. She was the one who found a buyer for the Starpath Unit that Cassian stole. I guess I spaced out or there was one, quick line of dialogue and I blinked. Of course Luthan was more interested in the thief who brazenly walked onto an Imperial base than he was in the Starpath unit itself. The scene where Cassian talks about how arrogant the Imperials are was yet another example of the many cracks forming across the whole Empire, that Dedra cannot but think are the work of a small group of malcontents trying to make it look scattered and 'random.'

Top Bottom