Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Killing him to eliminate all witnesses would have been more in keeping with Sith tradition.

but Jar Jar is no Sith .

I think this is a dumb idea, because recycling people like that would make the star wars world smaller

the return of Darth Maul in the cartoons is extremely bad , despite the awesome story arc of the death of Duchess Satine

But why? In the Death Star they're allowing the rebel scum to escape, but in all other opportunities… :dunno:

it's all about Anakin having the highest level of you know what , his being the Chosen one . He will kill Palpatine as soon as he can and that might come sooner if he sees that there's no way to bring Padme back . Palpatine starts the Rebellion , you know to force Darth Vader to look for the son Palpatine knows to exist . So that Luke can be corrupted and destroy Anakin . Knowing the family well Palpatine is sure Luke will be a pompous backside (without the corrective influence of people Yoda to Padme) who then can be dealt with in leisure .

It was quite good, but it made Grievous' easy defeat even stupider.

well versed in all the quirks of the Jedis he was set to ambush . Everybody "knows" Obi Wan talks so much against blasters .

The Han Solo film being released in May messes with my "watch a Star Wars film for Christmas every year" plan. :(

I for once am fine with not Maul, especially if they would have battled as in Episode I. I rewatched it when it was on TV recently and the final duel which I remembered as the highlight was so evidently choreographed it hurt me that they would think anyone could believe that was an actual fight. People spinning for no reason, not even pretending to aim for the other guy... Not that the rest of the prequels go the same way, but this one strikes me as the worst offender.
That scene's ripped directly out of a martial arts film, it's supposed to look like that. Might not be your cup of tea, but there's a difference between incompetence and a deliberate stylistic choice.

It was a poorly made martial arts film then.

The Han Solo film being released in May messes with my "watch a Star Wars film for Christmas every year" plan. :(
Agreed... whoever came up with that idea should be fired. You gotta sync up the movie releases with Xmas so you can sell all the new toys and swag! Duh! Weaksauce Disney... I expected better. I expected a well oiled moneygrubbing machine from here on out...

Unless there is a different film coming out in December... then I take it all back.

Agreed... whoever came up with that idea should be fired. You gotta sync up the movie releases with Xmas so you can sell all the new toys and swag! Duh! Weaksauce Disney... I expected better. I expected a well oiled moneygrubbing machine from here on out...

Unless there is a different film coming out in December... then I take it all back.

But Spring is the traditional SW release season, particularly May I think.

But Spring is the traditional SW release season, particularly May I think.
Its true that EP 4 came out in May, but that was B.D. this is A.D. (after Disney)... totally different era... However, I just realized that EP 8 comes out December 2017, so releasing the Han movie earlier than that makes sense... rant retracted... All hail Disney. :bowdown:

Its true that EP 4 came out in May, but that was B.D. this is A.D. (after Disney)... totally different era... However, I just realized that EP 8 comes out December 2017, so releasing the Han movie earlier than that makes sense... rant retracted... All hail Disney. :bowdown:

Well. Episode 8 comes out this December (2017). Han Solo comes out next May (2018). Then... nothing next December (2018). Probably nothing the May (2019) after that, and then episode 9 in December 2019.

It's a travesty, I say.

Isn't the Han Solo movie going to be the first of a trilogy or something? I'd imagine that May 2019 or thereabouts would be when the next one is released.

Isn't the Han Solo movie going to be the first of a trilogy or something? I'd imagine that May 2019 or thereabouts would be when the next one is released.

It's the second anthology film. Rogue One was the first. Han Solo is the second. The third is, I think, going to be Boba Fett? Which is... eh...

Still, a movie every year in the SW universe is not something I'll say no to.

It's the second anthology film. Rogue One was the first. Han Solo is the second. The third is, I think, going to be Boba Fett? Which is... eh...

Still, a movie every year in the SW universe is not something I'll say no to.

Oh, that's right. Yeah well I'd guess the Boba Fett one might come out in May 2019 then. No idea whether that'll happen of course but it doesn't seem unreasonable.

Retract the retraction of your rant, Sommerswerd.

At ease, stormtrooper.

http://www.starwarsfanworks.com/timeline/

Over 3,000 pages of historical timelines, EU and Legends including the Story Group canon.

CELEBRATING THE 19TH ANNIVERSARY

Welcome to the official home for the Star Wars Timeline Gold. The SWT-G is the ongoing culmination of the Star Wars Timeline Project, which began with the Star Wars Timeline 1.0, a 4-page Microsoft Works document that began in 1996 for myself and then released publicly in late 1997 to assist fellow fans in understanding the ever-growing official continuity of the Star Wars universe.

Over the years that followed (1997 - present), the "SWT" evolved into the "SWT-G" (Star Wars Timeline Gold), releasing 83 editions and growing from that small 4-page document into a 5-volume document with a combined length of over 3,000 pages. During that time, the project's sole creator, Nathan P. Butler (yours truly), also contributed to the official Star Wars saga (now the Legends saga) in the form of a What's the Story profile (the co-written "DC0052 Intergalactic Speeder" entry), Equals and Opposites (a story in Star Wars Tales #21 and Star Wars Tales, Vol. 6 that was re-released in 2009 as a Hasbro Comic Pack with Kyle Katarn and Yuuzhan Vong action figures), and chronological data for the Star Wars Essential Atlas. Butler also contributed to the unofficial Using the Force: Creativity, Community, and Star Wars Fans, Star Wars Super Collector's Wish Book, 4th Edition, Movie Magic magazine's "Countdown to The Force Awakens" issue, and Sequart's A Long Time Ago: Exploring the Star Wars Cinematic Universe.

The 2016 edition was released on its 19th Anniversary on October 17, 2016. Work has already begun on the 2017 edition.

I sincerely hope you find the Star Wars Timeline Gold useful and worthwhile. The Star Wars saga may be shifting beneath our feet with the new canon that is driven by the Story Group, but the saga, in its multiple forms, lives on.

--Nathan P. Butler

Nathan P. Butler (author of SWTG) video channel:

https://www.youtube.com/chronoradio
https://www.youtube.com/chronoradio

I wonder how these guys felt when Disney blew-up the SW EU. That's a lot of time and effort just to watch the new landlord light it on fire. Yeah I know they still exist as "legends" but it really feels like the EU had its guts ripped out and feels like a waste of time to read.

On the other hand, I imagine this project can look forward to trying to fill in that 30 year gap between Episode 6 & 4.2. And also trying to figure out what prequel stuff still works in the new canon.

the talk is of the always awesome Art of ... books , the one on The Force Awakens . Seems they really dumbed it down for it might well become Episode VII - Death Star Rises ... Some stunning designs , hopefully to be the basis of the inspiration when the Republic militarizes and gives the FO a proper bloody nose . But then one must perhaps also salute the good fight , ı might really have had an heart attack if DS3 pumped up the repulsor lift and climbed up , from the belly of the hollowed planet . Stardestroyers and the like have no business in the atmosphere and hell might indeed come as a flood if the Millennium Falcon ever goes underwater . Wasn't it the ILM that had the Fatso in the ocean in the nuTrek anyhow ? Why , design a square Bongo ...

Top Bottom