Always War

1NE is another choice, better than 1N of the forest hill.
However, 1NE lose 1 hill tile + 3 green tiles comparing to 1E.

Without trade, happiness is a problem early on, I usually don't whip in capital as long as there is several hill tiles to work on. Also as Rusten mentioned, another good city is going to use the corn and Pig is enough to grow our capital to happy cap fast enough early on.

Yes, I don't expect to whip much in this capital. It's hard to beat riverside (and especially the grassland) hills early.

Seeing as
-we're industrious with a high production capital
-seemingly don't need very early slavery
-are playing always war

I'm very tempted to oracle monarchy (as a plan). It will solve our happiness problems and expansive means health is OK too (we spot 3 health resources already). It would be nice to revolt to HR and slavery the same turn.

Turn 1, Settle 1E, worker 1st, research AH

Turn 3, a nice jungle spread to 1S of the pig tile:eek:, time to pray it does not spread to the pig tile before we can put a pasture on it.

Turn 9, hut pop a map, we found the the culture border of Arabian

Turn 13, AH is in and we do have Horse nearby. The surrounding area is great. :)

And the 2nd AI in this continent is zara, whose scout is hanging around our capital.

Pause for discussion.

My plan:
Tech: Wheel->Agri

Capital
Warrior to size 2->Settler
Edit: forgot that we are expansive, so I will go 2nd worker 1st then settler.

I'd like to claim the Corn/Clam/Horse city as soon as possible, early harassment with chariots would be great.

A clear view of the horse city. I 'd like to settle 1NW of the Corn, so we can work on the Corn/Horse immediately with the suffer of two desert tiles.

Thoughts?

Definitely 1NW of corn. It will be productive much sooner and while we do get 2 desert tiles we'd get 2 useless ocean tiles 1w of that.

Don't know whether settler at 2 or 3 is better. Usually 3 or 4 with these tiles, but this spot is different so I don't know.

Tech looks good.

Edit: Earthling hasn't officially signed in yet has he? Do we know whether he's playing? If not, maybe PaulisKhan would like the spot.

I would leave the spot open for earthling. If PaulisKhan is interested, we sure can have him in.:)

As planned,

Tech:
Wheel->Agri

Capital
Warrior(part)->2nd Worker at pop2->finish warrior->Barrack ( I aim to start Settler in pop3 in this play, if I start settler in pop2, we can get it out 2 turns earlier. I don't know which plan is better, probably Rusten can give me a clear calculation. :) I really love to know this kind of small difference in early stage.)

Turn 24 Found Ethiopian capital

Turn 27 War chariot quest, nice, guess we are able to complete it.

Turn 30, I put research on BW. Empire. I got very good luck in picking up huts, although not much luck from those huts, the last one is not bad, 98g.

I'll end my set here and pass the torch down.

Next step would probably go for Oracle route. It seems like there are only 2 AIs in our continent, would this be a little easier than expected?

Roster:
Duckweed--just played
Ungy--UP
Earthling
Rustern
Dirk1302
r_rolo1

Attachments

• roland BC-2840.CivBeyondSwordSave
    60.8 KB · Views: 103
OK-got it.

I'm pretty sure at AW the AI will not break culture this early if a city is garrisoned.
However, if it isn't they will and then they'll pillage. Scouts aren't a problem but a wandering archer could be big trouble--so I'm thinking leave the warrior close to home.

I guess we're OK with the one warrior--so start settler at size 3 and settle the horse/corn site.

Duckweed got great scouting so I'm thinking just use the scouts to fogbust.

Plan to build chariots --if we have only these 2 AI and we're able to get chariots over to them before they get metal hooked up they will have trouble.

I like the oracle-monarchy plan. So crank out chariots until priesthood in.

Anyway my set should be very quiet--I'll stop at BW to check in.

I'm very tempted to oracle monarchy (as a plan). It will solve our happiness problems and expansive means health is OK too (we spot 3 health resources already). It would be nice to revolt to HR and slavery the same turn.

I would prefer grab MC from Oracle, which synchronize with Ind trait. I will also tend to grab mids, with stone available in the 3rd ring and the ind trait, it would be pretty doable.

Do we really want to fulfill the quest?
Code:
Quest11:
	War Chariots
	Prereq: THE_WHEEL AND State Religion
	Obsolete: MONARCHY or LITERATURE or CODE_OF_LAWS or AESTHETICS or MATHEMATICS or ALPHABET or HORSEBACK_RIDING or IRON_WORKING or METAL_CASTING
	Active/Weight: 25/200
		Aim:
		Build default number of players for this world size +1 Chariots (8 for standard)
		Result:
1.All Chariot units gain the Combat 1 promotion
2.Spread your state religion to 5 own cities

Sure, this quest just adds bonus to our original plan. We need two chariots each to harass Zara and Saladin, and another 4 to defend our land. There is also a possibility to take zara's capital by chariots rush.

Edit: We should also settle the eastern Pig/Fish/Corn City as soon as possible.

I would prefer grab MC from Oracle, which synchronize with Ind trait. I will also tend to grab mids, with stone available in the 3rd ring and the ind trait, it would be pretty doable.

Didn't know about the stone when I suggested monarchy. I agree that it's a good path too. If we go for the mids monarchy won't do much making MC the obvious pick.

I play out to BW:

No excitement--also no bronze close by.
I do take out Sal's scout tho.

the bronze:(

We have the shared grass river partially farmed.

We have the barracks half done in Berlin--not sure if we should complete it or hustle out chariots.

I like the concept of build a harassment +defense force, then 'mids+oracle then go on the offense with cats.

I can play on a bit tomorrow.

Attachments

• roland BC-2360.CivBeyondSwordSave
    69.7 KB · Views: 48
Copper Cities
You can: Build City 1 North of Copper.
Gets You 2 elephant tiles, 5 Plains.

1 North 1 Northeast. (Border Pop)
1 Elephant, 1 Corn, 5 Plains, riverside.

I northwest.
5 Elephants, 4 Plains, 1 Mountain.

BTW Another Okish City cite is 1 west of the Horse (Horse, Corn, Dye, 1 Lake, 1 Plain. Loads of Jungle.)

Finally, you can trade Elephants and massed resources for $$$ but beware, Enemy Amphibious Phants :)mischief:) are annoying.

Never played Immortal, never actually wond any game due to lack of interest, but I did manage to get into a good position on Warlord and am making inroads into better garrisons and into Noble. I will lurk and will ask: how much harder is Emperor?

Copper Cities

BTW Another Okish City cite is 1 west of the Horse (Horse, Corn, Dye, 1 Lake, 1 Plain. Loads of Jungle.)

Finally, you can trade Elephants and massed resources for $$$ but beware, Enemy Amphibious Phants :)mischief:) are annoying.

Never played Immortal, never actually wond any game due to lack of interest, but I did manage to get into a good position on Warlord and am making inroads into better garrisons and into Noble. I will lurk and will ask: how much harder is Emperor?
Well we're playing AW so we don't have to worry about trade value--generally in AW it's tough to settle that far away--lots of real estate to defend.
However, if we can gimp the AI with chariots it's possible.
More likely we'll find iron closer.

Berlin should have barrack before char, we will send them to AI's land, try to get another promotion from animals and barbarian warriors, CII char is pretty safe against archers. Hamburg's char can be used for patrol in land. I would start the 2nd settler in Hamburg in size 2 to settle the Fish/Pig/Corn site. It's a great city for GP production and early Worker/Settler pumping. Also we need to mine the forest hill tile for Berlin next.

I would not worry about lack of bronze in this game since we should be able to stop AIs' from accessing the copper by chars.

I'm definitely interested in jumping into the rotation, I was playing some AW to practice for this to see if I could handle it, but your roster filled up pretty quick =)

From my recent experience, a successful choke seems like the strategy with the greatest chance of survival on this particular map, there's simply not enough production available to deal with dual enemy stacks in a heads up battle, especially with elephants so far away.

The biggest decision I can see is whether to get 4 chariots out first (I find it's neccessary, given how quickly the AI will tech to Iron working, and the amount of ground the chariots will have to cover to supress worker action) or getting a settler out early for the GP farm.

My inclination is that the GP farm will be tough to defend until the AI are successfuly choked so 4 chariots is the safer option.
Hamburg looks like a good place to build the settler once it finishes its chariot, while the capital pushes out another two chariots.

Welcome to the team :), PaulisKhan.

I don't worry about Iron, I would worry about the copper near the AI capital (I should check earlier:p), that's the reason why my 1st plan is to produce Settler at size 2 even before 2nd worker. Also we don't need to defend the GP farm, we can choose the battle field, I think it would be around the copper site.

By the way, I am not sure who should we focus the EPs on. Usually, Zara will tech better, but Saladin will probably survive longer.

Top Bottom