1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon pre-order watch thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Oleary, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

For those of us that ordered it from Amazon, I thought it might be nice to have a thread to let others know if you received confirmation of shipping and/or a steam key.

As of Monday, Oct 17 5:00 EST: Edit: Several folks reporting ship dates from Amazon. No reports of keys as of yet. I just received my email also, showing a ship date of the 19th.

As of Tuesday, Oct 18 5:00 am: rumors on Reddit that keys will be sent. More folks getting their confirmations. Should ship tomorrow.

As of Wednesday, Oct 19 5:00 am: getting close. Amazon is preparing the order. Carrier information will be updated soon.

As of Thursday, Oct 20 4:00 am: Looks like it's a cluster. Some folks are getting shipping information while others are getting the run around. Have to say I'm surprised. Amazon usually does a lot better than this (my experiences). Good luck everyone.

As of Friday, Oct 21 6:00 am: Still a cluster. More ship dates being pushed back. A few folks received or will receive it today.

TLDR: No keys will be sent. Iffy shipping by Amazon. Call and complain if you're not getting any info from them.
    /taps foot

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Cyberian likes this.
  2. Cuneiform

Cuneiform Warlord

Good Idea.

I just pre-ordered with them also, but I think we might have to wait until Thursday to get our Steam Keys...

3. proftc

proftc Chieftain

Just got an email from Amazon...

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition - PC"
    Estimated arrival date: October 21, 2016

4. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

If they were really going to send out keys, I doubt they do it before sending off the delivery (states 19.10. for me).

5. darthtoon

darthtoon Chieftain

According to the order tab for my preorder, it says it will be shipped on October 19, 2016 I don't know if the Aztec DLC will be emailed, or if it will be on a little code slip in the game box.

6. Maquis

Maquis King

I'm waiting for an update on my order for the 25th Anniversary edition. No updated shipping date, just "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate." Hopefully still shipping Wednesday/Thursday...

7. Gambito

Gambito Chieftain

I pre-ordered the Digital Standard Edition on Friday. No e-mail so far.

8. soccernamlak

soccernamlak Chieftain

Ordered 25th Anniversary Edition back in August. Still have the "Not Yet Shipped - Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate."

No email from Amazon either.

9. WorldWarIV

WorldWarIV Captain

I also ordered the 25th Anniversary Edition. It says it will ship between October 28 and November 3 but I'm in Canada, so. I hope it will ship faster than that.

10. CGPanama

CGPanama Warlord

Pre-ordered the 25th Edition, and receive the release date delivery at no extra charge email.

11. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

Just got the update from Amazon: estimated delivery on the 21st. If they want to get it to me a day early I won't complain!

12. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

I am also still waiting for an order update (no shipping estimate yet) for my 25th Anniversary edition.

I keep checking every few hours but still nothing!!!

13. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

My guess is they've received the shipments from Firaxis but it will take awhile to get everyone in the queue and updated. To some extent, the question is how many of the 20k did Amazon sell for any idea of the time it will take.
    No tracking information (for me at least), so they're all still sitting in warehouses.
    I'm really curious if they will email us steam keys. Would be nice to get the pre-download in.

14. rastak

rastak Emperor

Would be great but I bet the code is in the box.

15. Gintoki89

Gintoki89 Warlord

Same, I emailed Amazon customer service this morning about my lack of estimate and they said there was some error on my order and they fixed it, but no indication of any changes yet.

16. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

You're probably right. My first pre-order from amazon so just being optimistic/naive. Actually haven't purchased a physical copy in years, so will be a little nostalgic also. Feel like a little kid at Christmas, c'mon dad, let me open the present already...

Slayan likes this.
  17. slowmotion7

slowmotion7 Chieftain

I work at an Amazon FC in the "reserve racks" where preorder items like this are stored before ship date. Last year Fallout 4 special editions were in the shelves at least 2 weeks before release date, but I have yet to see a Civ 6 special edition this year. My guess is those of you who have ship dates already have the item in your regional FC. The rest of us have to wait for the items to be shipped from those FCs to ours and then out to us, which is probably happeneing currently. We *should* still get out copies on the release date.

Oleary likes this.
  18. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

Thank you for the info!

19. Graethyenne

Graethyenne Chieftain

Aw man....so the good news is I just got my shipping confirmation for the 21st. But the game unlocks at midnight on the 21st (with pre-download before that)...so is the conventional wisdom 1) the code is in the box so 2) I'm at the mercy of when it shows up on Friday to *start* downloading?

Does anyone have any advice on options (other than buying a second copy of the game on steam ahead of time, I'm not *quite* that desperate)?

20. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

I ordered the Deluxe Edition. No e-mail. The webpage under "open orders" says "This item will be available on October 21, 2016 at 12:00 AM PST."