1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon pre-order watch thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Oleary, Oct 17, 2016.

1. CaptainKoloth

CaptainKoloth Chieftain

Happy ending here- Amazon shipped it to me this morning (yes, Sunday) via their own delivery service. And since I had complained about it on Friday they had given me a really big discount voucher so that I was able to get another copy of Civ VI which I played on wife's account until my copy arrived this morning. Seamless transition. All is well, finally!

JeSuisPerdue likes this.
  2. lynxxyarly

lynxxyarly Warlord

I cancelled my pre order from Amazon and just bought the game on Steam straight up. Lost out on the pre order stuff already, anyways.

At least I know to never pre order a game through Amazon anymore. This is the second time this has happened to me for a collector's edition of a game on Amazon, within 6 months.

3. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

If you wanna change something you had to go to your retailer.

4. King Rad

King Rad Warlord

Sorry you guys had such problems. I got my boxed standard edition at 11.51 AM on the 21st. Bought it back in June with the 20% discount and got a $50 credit for opening an Amazon MasterCard account - so net cost was about $1.53 [they charged me tax]. I've been playing since it came and this is my first visit back to civ fanantics since 11.52 Friday!

5. WorldWarIV

WorldWarIV Captain

It's 1 pm here and still no game. I am not going back to Amazon, that's for sure.

6. JeSuisPerdue

JeSuisPerdue Chieftain

Update: My boxed copy was delivered yesterday afternoon, Monday 10/24. The FedEx guy put it on our front porch and didn't even knock or ring the bell, but that's a different rant. I'm enjoying the game but am terrible at it, ha ha.

I won't be buying new games from Amazon any more either. First-world problem, eh?